Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

About to sign up with XSPORT Fitness. 24/7/365. I got a dude on bb.com forums to lace me up with a nice MMA lifting plan to get back in shape. Now only if Ican find time to get back to BJJ close to copping that blue belt

Heres a good snack.. its probably old, but I just discovered it now lol

3-4 TBSP of natural peanut butter
1 scoop of whey

mix in a bowl for some consistency, then add a bit of water and mix. Repeat til you get a cookie-type batter. Add berries, cottage cheese or a piece of fruit.Or freeze and have some the next day.

Taste so good it's like a cheat meal lol

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by wj4

Need a little advice
whats the best way to go about bulking up, but at the same time losing fat around my stomach area etc...
Im not fat, im about 5'9-5'10 150lbs. But i got some fat around my stomach area, i want to get rid of that and bulk up.
I have access to a weight room for about 30-40 min a day 5days/week
Also any diet advice is great as well.
Thanks
I'm in the same boat as you, roughly. I'm 5'10'' at ~150 lbs, around 12% body fat, but I got some fat around my stomach. But very minor. Hell it's not even fat if I stand upright, it's just a small layer covering up the 6 packs. I came to a conclusion that I'm just going to work with what I have and be a lean 150-155 lbs dude. Just going to continue my work out process as is.

i think he ate like one cheeseburger back in june and felt fat for the next two months.....dude was lean as hell in those pics
roll.gif
I donno why but I'm dying right now. Shout outs to my man Audi though.
what would be the best method for getting rid of that fat?

what exercises, what not to eat and stuff like that.
Also would i have to lose that weight first, then bulk up? or could it be done at the same time?

You really need to do your own research in debt. Trust me, once you get started, you want to further educate yourself.

I'm just eating right and exercising. I'm not into the bulk/cut thing. If you decide to cut now, I'm not sure how many lbs you can lose becauseat your height and weight, it's pretty darn slim as is. I really can't see you go down to say, 140 lbs w/o starving yourself and working out extrahard. Even that it's going to be pretty hard to do.

Not to eat....junk food, fried food, white flour ie replace white bread with wheat bread and white rice with brown rice. It's OK to have once in a while,but don't make it a habit.

This is a really short run down of it. You should do further research on your own. IMO that's where the fun is...find out what works for you and whatdoesn't, and modify accordingly.

You mean calorie cycling?

Well if it is, then the basic principle is that you eat more calories on high-activity days, and low calories on low-activity days. This makes sense on a cut,but on a bulk not really.

You can also do carb-cycling, where its the same principle, you just up your carbs around the time you need them the most i.e. working out, HIIT etc.

Don't go too low on carbs though, I mean for me anything under 80g and im just barely visible. On training days, where I train in the AM/PM my carb intakeis around 150-180g+.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by wj4

Need a little advice
whats the best way to go about bulking up, but at the same time losing fat around my stomach area etc...
Im not fat, im about 5'9-5'10 150lbs. But i got some fat around my stomach area, i want to get rid of that and bulk up.
I have access to a weight room for about 30-40 min a day 5days/week
Also any diet advice is great as well.
Thanks
I'm in the same boat as you, roughly. I'm 5'10'' at ~150 lbs, around 12% body fat, but I got some fat around my stomach. But very minor. Hell it's not even fat if I stand upright, it's just a small layer covering up the 6 packs. I came to a conclusion that I'm just going to work with what I have and be a lean 150-155 lbs dude. Just going to continue my work out process as is.

i think he ate like one cheeseburger back in june and felt fat for the next two months.....dude was lean as hell in those pics
roll.gif
I donno why but I'm dying right now. Shout outs to my man Audi though.
what would be the best method for getting rid of that fat?

what exercises, what not to eat and stuff like that.
Also would i have to lose that weight first, then bulk up? or could it be done at the same time?
You really need to do your own research in debt. Trust me, once you get started, you want to further educate yourself.

I'm just eating right and exercising. I'm not into the bulk/cut thing. If you decide to cut now, I'm not sure how many lbs you can lose because at your height and weight, it's pretty darn slim as is. I really can't see you go down to say, 140 lbs w/o starving yourself and working out extra hard. Even that it's going to be pretty hard to do.

Not to eat....junk food, fried food, white flour ie replace white bread with wheat bread and white rice with brown rice. It's OK to have once in a while, but don't make it a habit.

This is a really short run down of it. You should do further research on your own. IMO that's where the fun is...find out what works for you and what doesn't, and modify accordingly.

Thanks bro

Ive been slimming down since around Mid July, 1 was at about 160 %%@ then, and with eating right and running 1.5 miles at least 5 days a week helped me getdown to 148. So i know what im doing some what. But school started and stopped running, but the diet is still in place for the most part. Just wanted a fewpointers on where i should go from here, and wanted to know if slimming the fat around the stomach and bulking can be done at the same time.

yo i wanna hear some progress reports dudes

i gave in and started bioforge today, 3 caps/day for 4 weeks, have another bottle on hand if i want to do an 8 week "cycle" (not a ph/ds/aas oranything like that) but i will probably just take some time off and take it in the spring to help cut for the summer or something.

didn't feel it at the gym, i had a great lift but didn't get really an increased pump or feel any strength gains....but i took my 3rd cap a littlewhile ago and i definitely feel an elevated mood.....almost like i'm a little high, definitely feel a ton of energy too. feels really good
laugh.gif

besides that i'm taking intrabolic, creapure, citrulline malate, cmf whey protein isolate, NOW fish oil, aor otho-core multi

gym's going great, cutting was realy detrimental to my motivation as it was frustrating to see my lifts plateau and even sink a little even tho thats to beexpected of course.

anyone want to recommend a creatine before i just buy eas phosphagen? i havent used the stuff in like 5 years and thats what i last took so im not sure iftheres any difference these days

Progress..

I feel somewhat stalled, I feel like im loosing some motivation to eat clean and exercise hard. I don't know if im just going through the motions, but Ihope I can pick myself up this weekend and get on it.

Im on week 11 of P90x.. looking forward to lifting heavier weights and hitting the gym 4-5x a week.

Originally Posted by Prince Of Shoes HEAD

whats you guys think about CLA supplement for losing weight?
I don't get what's the big appeal of weight lost supplement is. What happened to doing it the old fashion way of hard work and goodeating habit?

aight i started taking lipo 6 black since ive been hearing a lot of good things about it...i also bought some muscle milk light...do you guys think i shouldtake any more supplements? if so what kind? and i have access to a pool is there any good pool workout i can do? prefer cardio other than swimming since ican't swim

BTW look at the cholesterol level on the Muscle Milk....

Supplements should be just that. Taking a lot of them will not make you look brolic overnight. Reminds me of the South Park episode where Cartman eats thoseprotein bars and just got fatter and fatter.

wj4 - i didn't really check the cholesterol for the muscle milk i shouldve of...i was wondering though you think itll be counter productive taking fatburner and drinking protein shakes though? like muscle mass etc

I think I'm about to test out some creatine capsules.

I'm trying to decided between Kre-Alk and ON 2500 caps. Suggestions?

Originally Posted by ricerocket1

wj4 - i didn't really check the cholesterol for the muscle milk i shouldve of...i was wondering though you think itll be counter productive taking fat burner and drinking protein shakes though? like muscle mass etc

Fat Burners dont work.

Originally Posted by wj4

I don't get what's the big appeal of weight lost supplement is. What happened to doing it the old fashion way of hard work and good eating habit?
Supplement, in addition to. Why is that so hard to get. He wants to take a supplement in addition to "the old fashioned way..."It's just like all your creatines, no2s, igfs, bcaas, proteins, etc. you guys are taking. By themselves, they're relatively useless but in addition toa comprehensive program of exercise and diet, it adds to it.

I used Hot Rox, but anything with caffiene in it is going to be close to the same as that's the main ingredients, caffeine, dribose, and b vitamins. If youcan tolerate it, get an ephedra based one.

im trying to get in shape its not hard to do its more the eating habits that need to change lol well for me...i just found out about this track field around myway cant wait to hit it after this ankle heals

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by wj4

I don't get what's the big appeal of weight lost supplement is. What happened to doing it the old fashion way of hard work and good eating habit?
Supplement, in addition to. Why is that so hard to get. He wants to take a supplement in addition to "the old fashioned way..." It's just like all your creatines, no2s, igfs, bcaas, proteins, etc. you guys are taking. By themselves, they're relatively useless but in addition to a comprehensive program of exercise and diet, it adds to it.

I used Hot Rox, but anything with caffiene in it is going to be close to the same as that's the main ingredients, caffeine, dribose, and b vitamins. If you can tolerate it, get an ephedra based one.
But if the supplement doesnt work, why take it? If the old fashioned way works, why would you ruin something that already has been proven to showresults? If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by wj4

Supplement, in addition to. Why is that so hard to get. He wants to take a supplement in addition to "the old fashioned way..." It's just like all your creatines, no2s, igfs, bcaas, proteins, etc. you guys are taking. By themselves, they're relatively useless but in addition to a comprehensive program of exercise and diet, it adds to it.

I used Hot Rox, but anything with caffiene in it is going to be close to the same as that's the main ingredients, caffeine, dribose, and b vitamins. If you can tolerate it, get an ephedra based one.
But if the supplement doesnt work, why take it? If the old fashioned way works, why would you ruin something that already has been proven to show results? If it aint broke, dont fix it.
Not to mention the possibility of long term side effect say, 15 years from now...word to Hydroxy Cut.

And he never mentioned "in addition to" either. He stated and I will quote again...

It's a vague statement. How I took it in...like many Americans who fall in love with pipe dream and late night infomercial of obtaining hardrock abs in 6 weeks working out 10 mins a day/3 days a week, he wants a magic bullet.

PS any of you fellas try a yoga class? If so how do you like it?

Originally Posted by wj4

LOVE it. Highly recommended.
How's the process like? Do you sweat a lot because you're trying to maintain balance and such? I'm thinking of redoing my work outprogram completely and might incorporate yoga into it. The only con is that the classes are all in the afternoon and evening, not morning.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by wj4

LOVE it. Highly recommended.
How's the process like? Do you sweat a lot because you're trying to maintain balance and such? I'm thinking of redoing my work out program completely and might incorporate yoga into it. The only con is that the classes are all in the afternoon and evening, not morning.
I never sweat in my classes. I wasnt doing (I forget the name of the yoga class done in 104 degrees). I did it for posture/balance/flexibility. The feeling of being completely stretched out and flexible upon leaving the class was excellent.

Dont really post much but Im following this thread here and there.

About 2 months of training and I have gained some mass over all. Seems to be mixed with muscle. I have been running less so that might be causing my increasein fat. It looks nice to have some muscle under the fat, it actuallly makes me look more brolic.

I need to hit the gym more tho. I go about 3 times a week. Im aiming to hit it 4 days out the week tho.

lifting more weight now but my workouts seem to be slowing down in intensity...but still gaining.

QUESTION

Sometimes during my workout I get this feeling of throwing up. I never actually throw up but I hate the feeling.

Could it be caused by my pre work out snack/food? I ususally try to eat an oatmeal or banana before the work out, because I hate feeling hungry during theworkout. I NEED food or else I feel like dying

any food or drinks I should take in order to feel 'right' while working out?

Back
Top Bottom