STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

What is the best pre work out, out right now?

Tired of C4, might go back to white flood. My homie sells his own so gonna try that out but looking around.

I second Nitraflex. Orange is delicious and I'm normally not a fan. I stick a scoop in 8-10 oz of water and put it in the freezer for 30-45 minutes and it's like a slushy. Just ordered another tub of orange and black cherry.

Also, check out The Curse. 50 servings for ~$25 shipped via BB most of the time (although I generally end up taking 2 scoops). The apple flavor is the way to go.

How do y’all find motivation to keep going in? I’m dressed and ready to hit the gym but don’t feel like going lol

PSA

If you have only been in the gym for 2 weeks and are about 125lbs soaking wet then DO NOT wear just compression pants only as your bottoms, matter of fact no grown man should do that no matter what.

Thanks

:lol: :smh:

How do y’all find motivation to keep going in? I’m dressed and ready to hit the gym but don’t feel like going lol

Go work out, stop being a *****.

:pimp: good **** brotha! Gonna try for 3 plates today. Shoulder been kinda bothering me last few days though. Felt funny last bench day of the program then slept on it wrong the same night :smh:. Won’t be surprised if I don’t get it but still gonna try. Hit singles at 295 then 305 then back down to 295 a few time last heavy day of the program so I feel like I’ve got a shot if I jump right into it

Update: didn’t get it |l:frown: I’m a joke. Felt like it was moving but it started to go dark so I gave it to God and let my spotter save my life. Gotta work on my breathing man smh. Might try again next week

Update: didn’t get it |l:frown: I’m a joke. Felt like it was moving but it started to go dark so I gave it to God and let my spotter save my life. Gotta work on my breathing man smh. Might try again next week

You gonna hit that next week fam

This thread is probably full of "pros", but for a new guy that's never been to the gym or really worked out before.....where do I start. Any sites or things I should read up on for beginners?

I'll be 30 later this year, skinny (6'1", 160 pounds soaking wet) and had the benefit of eating whatever I want without gaining weight. I now have a gut coming in and overall I just want to be healthy and in-shape to feel better, look better, live longer and be mobile in my older years down the line. Already started cutting things out food wise before the holidays, but now I want to start hitting the gym regularly and have some routines to start with.

Down the line would like to get to a point I add a little more weight, and good amount of muscle.

This thread is probably full of "pros", but for a new guy that's never been to the gym or really worked out before.....where do I start. Any sites or things I should read up on for beginners?

I'll be 30 later this year, skinny (6'1", 160 pounds soaking wet) and had the benefit of eating whatever I want without gaining weight. I now have a gut coming in and overall I just want to be healthy and in-shape to feel better, look better, live longer and be mobile in my older years down the line. Already started cutting things out food wise before the holidays, but now I want to start hitting the gym regularly and have some routines to start with.

Down the line would like to get to a point I add a little more weight, and good amount of muscle.

In the gym now lol. A lot of people here are obviously just getting started/ back into it.

I recommend SL 5x5 or Fierce 5 full body 3-4x a week for at least 6 months. Get in the habit of actually going to the gym, eating to fuel performance/growth, setting goals, and learning the lifts. The simpler the routine, the better off you are as beginner. Leave the advanced/imbalanced routines you see online and in muscle mags for later on.

The guys/gals that prioritize isolation movements or never lift heavy usually just spin their wheels and look like they don't eem lift. They usually "start back" around this time each year.

As a beginner, the basic, compound lifts, using textbook form to reduce injuries, and being consistent (lifting, sleeping, and eating right) are the most improtant things, regardless of routine.

/end rant

Long time not talk get fit famb.
I am never mad at new years resolutioners...just stick with it. Learn how to properly do things...be courteous and lets all be great.
Doctors appointment number 3 on this sports hernia...been a nightmare but i can lift with it i just can't really run a lot.

That being said. Squatted 320 for 6 reps yesterday and it felt good. Doing the Candito routine and pushing for a 405lb squat. Since i was 22 i wanted numbers. And at 30 i finally pulled 495 (sumo with straps) and im gunning for a 405 squat. I am 6 foot 185lbs.

Here is to the year of PRs

Good **** y'all.

@jon4ard, it's all good bro. You tried. Next time kick is fkin ***.

Got my metcon 3s in yesterday. Fit is good. I have a little room in the toe area, but I do like my workout shoes to fit more snug than usual...wondering if I should have sized .5 down.

Good **** y'all.

@jon4ard, it's all good bro. You tried. Next time kick is fkin ***.

Got my metcon 3s in yesterday. Fit is good. I have a little room in the toe area, but I do like my workout shoes to fit more snug than usual...wondering if I should have sized .5 down.

Just double sock. For all my heavy squats I double sock with my Romaleos.

See a trainer. Enough said. Not saying to pay $100s for sessions. But alot gyms offer quick sessions with trainers to find you a base to build off of. If you find someone really cool they will throw you tips off the record. The basic lifts and body movements ex. pushups, pull-ups, will work. Videos will help but videos won’t help critique your form when you’re in the middle of a set.

I second Nitraflex. Orange is delicious and I'm normally not a fan. I stick a scoop in 8-10 oz of water and put it in the freezer for 30-45 minutes and it's like a slushy. Just ordered another tub of orange and black cherry.

Also, check out The Curse. 50 servings for ~$25 shipped via BB most of the time (although I generally end up taking 2 scoops). The apple flavor is the way to go.

bruhhhs legion pulse grape is something yall should try..

I tried all those yall named and its killing all of them. Curse is a good fat burner pwo though.

DOMS :frown:

This is how I’ll be walking around today....

2B944064-88ED-417A-A0FD-E99359CD3DA4.png

Yea not gonna lie all those PW listed put me to sleep :lol:. I mean if a cup of coffee makes you jittery than maybe they'll work for for you. But plenty of good PWs have been listed the last couple pages

Back
Top Bottom