STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Hit some dl with the bro today. I helped him on dl and he's gonna help me on squats. He's like 180 with a 455 squat. :pimp:

315x5
405x2
425x2x2
405 for like 8 singles idk I was talking too much :lol:

Then hit some light weight farmer walks for three sets till failure and gonna hit pull ups now at the crib.

Yeah with proper training and diet for a long time you can get a decent physique naturally, just gotta deal with slow progress lol

Yeah I'm going for longevity. But if my testosterone drops when I'm in my 50s I'll start copping some testosterone. Why not at that point?

Maybe. I was just associating it with erectile dysfunction. :lol: you're probably right though. That's when you see dad bod kick in hard for he dudes that don't lift.

kobe.jpg

I think u got that 455 now if u want it

thanks for the luv. here's the vid. Form check? def not perfect (it was a grinder at the top) but it didnt look too bad imo.

Solid rep, I would switch out of the Romaleos and go to something with a flatter sole, that will eliminate the pitching forward and make locking out easier.

Also that gym looks awesome!

Speaking of deads, I'm happy to say both they and barbell Rows are back in the lineup for me for the first time in almost 3 months. I had severe back problems for a while. Crippled me for over a week and would flare up whenever I loaded my back. So I had to cut basically every compound movement except bench press.

Been working deads and rows back in. Light weight/high reps bumping up by 20lbs each workout. Doing them back to back too. All systems are a go.

**** squats though. Hate them still. :lol:

damn son... got pinned on the incline bench today... i think soundview cursed me :lol: jk

no but really i tried to hit 205 incline 5x5. on the 3rd set 5th rep, I failed. got pinned down and someone had to run over to me to help me get it up.

was mad embarrassing :blush::lol::smh: I never been pinned down before in a public gym. looks like thats my new goal for now. 205 for 5x5.
I'm getting exposed out here like the real ***** that I am

Ain't been the same now that my water weight dropped and I'm back to 186 lmao

Speaking of deads, I'm happy to say both they and barbell Rows are back in the lineup for me for the first time in almost 3 months. I had severe back problems for a while. Crippled me for over a week and would flare up whenever I loaded my back. So I had to cut basically every compound movement except bench press.

Been working deads and rows back in. Light weight/high reps bumping up by 20lbs each workout. Doing them back to back too. All systems are a go.

**** squats though. Hate them still. :lol:

What happened to your back?

they shut that one down. they moved to capital heights

I know, ritchie station right?

Its too far now, i miss that place bad. The new gym im going to is chill but nothing compared to the environment over there

What happened to your back?

Bro I have no idea. I was squatting and deadlifting a combined 5x a week and doing basketball stuff on "rest" days - basically doing too much and my back was pretty worn out. So I took 3 days off, came back, hit my first set of squats (light weight) then went back for a second set and at the bottom of my first rep I felt my entire lumbar region seize up in pain. For the next 7 days I was in extreme pain. Reaching across a table or getting out of bed was extremely painful.

The pain eventually dissipated, but when I tested it out doing squats I could feel the pain creeping back in. So I left all weight bearing exercises out of my workouts and basically focused on bench and used lat pulldowns to fill in for rows. I'd do weighted box step ups here and there to keep my legs somewhat involved, but not until recently have I really been able to use my back more.

Bro I have no idea. I was squatting and deadlifting a combined 5x a week and doing basketball stuff on "rest" days - basically doing too much and my back was pretty worn out. So I took 3 days off, came back, hit my first set of squats (light weight) then went back for a second set and at the bottom of my first rep I felt my entire lumbar region seize up in pain. For the next 7 days I was in extreme pain. Reaching across a table or getting out of bed was extremely painful.

The pain eventually dissipated, but when I tested it out doing squats I could feel the pain creeping back in. So I left all weight bearing exercises out of my workouts and basically focused on bench and used lat pulldowns to fill in for rows. I'd do weighted box step ups here and there to keep my legs somewhat involved, but not until recently have I really been able to use my back more.

Similar thing happened to me like 3 times :smh::lol:

You may have herniated a disc. The last time I did it I didn't touch the gym for a month and a half. Get them the cobra and downward dog stretches poppin. Also get a good belt. They won't protect your back per se but it will force you to focus on your form.

Similar thing happened to me like 3 times :smh::lol:

You may have herniated a disc. The last time I did it I didn't touch the gym for a month and a half. Get them the cobra and downward dog stretches poppin. Also get a good belt. They won't protect your back per se but it will force you to focus on your form.

While I agree that a belt is super useful. Be careful not to rely on it too much. You want to build your core muscles to withstand all of your workouts. I would use the belt minimally.

I know, ritchie station right?

Its too far now, i miss that place bad. The new gym im going to is chill but nothing compared to the environment over there

agreed 100%. miss the largo one. loved the red/yellow painting they had too. made is feel like golds gym venice forreal.
the new one in Ritchie station just isnt the same... but at least they have more equipment there i guess.

While I agree that a belt is super useful. Be careful not to rely on it too much. You want to build your core muscles to withstand all of your workouts. I would use the belt minimally.

I thought that this was a myth.

I did mad research and read that between intra-abdominal pressure and pushing you're thoracic cavity against the belt one would be getting that work in.

P. S. Aren't you a P. T. or something along those lines? I got back pain. Bless me with some tips :nerd:

Pretty much...

Finally hit 180 on yesterday.... going to go on a cut next Monday. :/

Did some single arm db bench today cuz one of the 70s is "broken" (the rubber **** is peeling off) and the dumb broad won't let man's use it smh. Was pretty tough tho.

I thought the whole thing with a belt was to use one for the top sets. Do your warm ups then your heaviest sets throw one on.

For DL I usually throw it on around 455, most I've hit beltless is 475.

I haven't used a belt in years, lol.

Your true core strength and form gets exposed when you pull without one.

even though im scared to death everytime i DL. i got it feeling good again, but I haven't been over 225 since my injury. almost feel i dont need to. there are other workouts that can shape my back. (which I already think is my best attribute)

Back
Top Bottom