STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Haven't been in the gym since early Fri morning because I spent the past few nights roller skating, but I'm back at it tonight. I found a workout on the Jefit app that I'm going to try tonight. I'm excited.

pretty dope video of elliott deadlifting... the lighting/shot was dope af lol.

pretty crazy that he doesn't have a thing to hold up one side of the bar to slap the plate on. super easy to get one made.

Squats felt really rough last night so I figured I'd take a shot at recording myself. Pardon the vertical video and crappy angle, but can I get some feedback on my form? I know my heels came up on that first rep but does anyone see other things that need fixing?

Workout tonight. 150 pull ups, sets of 10. 50 wide, 50 chin up and 50 pistol grips.

4x10 weighted tricep dips 15#

Abs between every set with a different ab exercise.

Last edited:
Squats felt really rough last night so I figured I'd take a shot at recording myself. Pardon the vertical video and crappy angle, but can I get some feedback on my form? I know my heels came up on that first rep but does anyone see other things that need fixing?

I'm not an expert so I have no advice. Just props on taking a dump on the floor. :pimp:

Nothing good happens in the lowering phase of a deadlift. Nothing. 

Virtually everything that could possibly go wrong and injure your back is in that phase. 

Just remember: nothing good happens in the lowering phase of a deadlift. So when you lift heavy do your best to drop the barbell as fast as possible without busting your eardrums. If you do, you will recover faster, you will build strength faster, and you will stave off back injuries. 

https://www.t-nation.com/strength-training-topics/1468

Yep props for going post parallel and breaking the horizontal plane. Too many people think they doing it by having four plates and going down a quarter inch. 

I don't want to give you incorrect advice but only thing I can thing of us slow down a little. Seems like theres too much bounch at the bottom. Make it nice and steady. Focus on form and control

Played a game of basketball before my workout and USUALLY it's always a bad idea because I wear myself thin or get sucked into a bunch of games so I tried to stay relaxed and pick my spots and BOYYYY ya man came out firing. 4 for my first 4, stepback jumpers dribble penetration like my guy Steph it was wild....and we lost 
laugh.gif
 Incredible workout afterward though.

Anybody ever play ball and just have a GOAT performance where you can do no wrong? It sneaks up on me here and there and it's the best feeling.

Played a game of basketball before my workout and USUALLY it's always a bad idea because I wear myself thin or get sucked into a bunch of games so I tried to stay relaxed and pick my spots and BOYYYY ya man came out firing. 4 for my first 4, stepback jumpers dribble penetration like my guy Steph it was wild....and we lost 
laugh.gif
 Incredible workout afterward though.

Anybody ever play ball and just have a GOAT performance where you can do no wrong? It sneaks up on me here and there and it's the best feeling.
But is this the basketball thread tho?

J/k but yeah that's the best feeling. That no matter what the guy in front of you does, he cant touch you

Man, just did chest/legs and idk if its cause my warm up/stretch wasnt as good this time but my hip flexor was really bothering me this time. It usually bothers but I can manage to go all the way up to 205/225 with minimal pain. Decided to call it quits after a few sets at 135 this time around and messed with the leg press and other leg machines and whatnot. I gave it a whole months rest before and it sucks its still sorta bothering me now.

Yep props for going post parallel and breaking the horizontal plane. Too many people think they doing it by having four plates and going down a quarter inch. 

I don't want to give you incorrect advice but only thing I can thing of us slow down a little. Seems like theres too much bounch at the bottom. Make it nice and steady. Focus on form and control

I noticed this as well. Your form looks pretty good but try to go down slow and steady. That bounce can't be good for your joints.

Last edited:

fixing your heels lifting can be as simple as more ankle mobility work. doesn't look like a huge problem.
only issue is that weight is waaaaaay too light for you lol. good **** brotha.

Workout tonight. 150 pull ups, sets of 10. 50 wide, 50 chin up and 50 pistol grips.

4x10 weighted tricep dips 15#

Abs between every set with a different ab exercise.
:x  sounds terrible

Nah, it's not. I don't do a separate arms or shoulder day.

2 chest, 2 back and one leg day. Always hated arm day so that's my way of eliminating it all together. I do abs between most sets on any day so I don't have to actually dedicate a block of time to that either.

I just like compound stuff.

Back
Top Bottom