STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

No clue bro. But I just tried to check out right now on 3 boxes and the place they coming from trying to charge me $35 shipping! Glad I picked up on it! They trying to pull a fast one
I have Prime and shipping was still $23 for two boxes. 
laugh.gif
 Quest's site has free shipping on everything.

Heavy seated dumbells advised or no? I love em. I hit 70lbs for 10, then 75 for 7 then another 70 for 10. Best shoulder day j had in a while.

Heavy seated dumbells advised or no? I love em. I hit 70lbs for 10, then 75 for 7 then another 70 for 10. Best shoulder day j had in a while.

I don't see why not, I don't go as heavy as you but if it isn't hurting I don't know what the problem would be. Do some with a barbell standing too and you'll really be feeling it.

I think I'm going to get back into powercleans with a front squat and shoulder press just to get the whole body with one exercise. I'm going lighter weights for a while.

It's far more functional to do them standing. So, depends on what you're training for. I don't give a rat's *** about functional so I stick with seated everything all day everyday

That's a good look. Mine is similar, I just need to replace my half rack with a full rack like that and get more weights. I only have 300lbs, so I'm not going to fall a rep and fall down most likely, but still would just like having the full rack protection. Bout to get some more plyo boxes too, lady on CL has a set of 4 metal ones with the rubber top for $10. She doesn't know what they are, thinks they are furniture. I need to go pick them up before she realizes those retail for like $400 for the set

I feel like I get newbie gains whenever I take time off from the gym, at the expense of losing all my old gains. After about a month and a half off I hit some chest on Monday and been sore all week. Didn't even finish the whole routine but my pecs got swole. I could feel them bouncing up and down when I run :pimp:

Some more pics. I got the Rogue R3 I can do just about every type of lift I want in this rack real solid. Also the Ironmaster dumbbells are amazing. Feels just like the real thing. Some other things I want to buy also looking to get a glute ham developer from Rogue.

Some more pics. I got the Rogue R3 I can do just about every type of lift I want in this rack real solid. Also the Ironmaster dumbbells are amazing. Feels just like the real thing. Some other things I want to buy also looking to get a glute ham developer from Rogue.
Exact same setup I've got! I loooove it. Best way to go IMO. Haven't missed the gym one bit. Those ironmaster DBs are money. Did you get the 120lb addon?

I am also looking at picking up a GHD next, too.

Last edited:
Not at 120 yet, just the 75lbs. Do you have the 120s? Are these okay to be dropping?
yup. they're sturdy as ****. my brother has dropped/thrown them so many times that parts of our garage's concrete floor looks like the moon, but the plates themselves aren't phased. everything you've got is top-notch quality. 

I picked up rogue resistance bands and bodylastics resistance cables recently. ab work, face pulls, banded bench/dl, etc. so many uses. highly recommend both.

Last edited:
Yeah those def got the bow flex Dumbbells I got beat. Look at them wrong and they jam.

I need a rack once I own my own house.

Haha the bench is adjustable I slide it out the way. The stall mats will be my deadlift platform. The Ohio bar definitely is money.

Trying to avoid heavy weight for a while until my back is fully healed. So I did 8x10 @135 on squats tonight instead. That's a burn... low and slow.

Try this, one of my work out in my program.

Complete in As FEW SETS AS POSSIBLE

100 Back Squats @ 75% of your body weight!

Example I weight 187, I will squat (64kg) 140.8lbs.

I did it in 3 sets.  Feel the BERN!!!

Last edited:
Starting to count my macros...But I am kind of lost on the rice count.

For instance:

Jasmine Rice as my carbs

Serving Size 1/4 cup (45g makes about 3/4 cup prepared)

Total Carbohydrate  36g

After the rice is cooked, I still measure 1/4 cup for 36g of Carbs?

Starting to count my macros...But I am kind of lost on the rice count.

For instance:

Jasmine Rice as my carbs

Serving Size 1/4 cup (45g makes about 3/4 cup prepared)

Total Carbohydrate 36g

After the rice is cooked, I still measure 1/4 cup for 36g of Carbs?

Nope. You measure it accounting for the cooking. 1 cup of cooked jasmine rice is like 44.52g of carbs. So 3/4 cup would be about where you want to be for 36

Back
Top Bottom