STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

So my gym membership expired and I don't have any money to buy a new membership (Costco 24 Hour Fitness deal for $369.99 + 8% tax).

Is it possible to still make any gains at home? All I have is a pull up bar and some baby size dumpbells, like a max of 30lbs.

So my gym membership expired and I don't have any money to buy a new membership (Costco 24 Hour Fitness deal for $369.99 + 8% tax).

Is it possible to still make any gains at home? All I have is a pull up bar and some baby size dumpbells, like a max of 30lbs.
look up bartendaz or strenghtproject.

It if fits your mouth 

Well still don't like being stoned. Ate some edibles for the first time in years. No fun.

Gonna try to power clean this out and sweat from my fingers.

Killed it at the gym today, but still fell just short of my goals before my 32nd birthday.  Really wanted to get 350 for 6, but it'll take a few more weeks.

Weight today was 153lbs.

Deadlift - Warm ups followed by 340x6, 310x8, 280x10

Weighted Chin ups - +80lbs x 5, +60lbs X 8, +40lbs. x 10

Pendlay Rows - 180 for 3 set of 5

Is that really what they charge now, man I remember when I copped mine for like $250 at Costco. Still a good deal but man the price sure has gone up!

anybody own a fitbit charge hr?

I had one but returned after a week. Mainly wanted to track my sleeping habits but was irritated with wearing it throughout the night. Functionality wise, it was ok for tracking steps/HR but if you're already active I don't think it's worth it. Just my 2 cents

Killed it at the gym today, but still fell just short of my goals before my 32nd birthday.  Really wanted to get 350 for 6, but it'll take a few more weeks.

Weight today was 153lbs.

Deadlift - Warm ups followed by 340x6, 310x8, 280x10

Weighted Chin ups - +80lbs x 5, +60lbs X 8, +40lbs. x 10

Pendlay Rows - 180 for 3 set of 5

Major props sir. I hope I can stay motivated like that as the years go by.

Question - do you start with the heaviest lift first then go down? I normally do the opposite but kinda feel like I'm a little tired by the last or 2nd to last set.

Major props sir. I hope I can stay motivated like that as the years go by.

Question - do you start with the heaviest lift first then go down? I normally do the opposite but kinda feel like I'm a little tired by the last or 2nd to last set.
Yes, my fist work set is always the heaviest, but I do warm-ups on my first lift.  The program I follow is a modified version of a reverse pyramid training program based on the lean gains IF ideology.

So for example, prior to the work sets I listed for deadlifts today my warm-up sets were 135x10, 185x10, and 255x10.  

I had one but returned after a week. Mainly wanted to track my sleeping habits but was irritated with wearing it throughout the night. Functionality wise, it was ok for tracking steps/HR but if you're already active I don't think it's worth it. Just my 2 cents

i have one.. after awhile of wearing it you get used it to it being on your wrist.. i love checking my sleeping.. sometimes it can read wrong but ehh..

but it's not bad to track your steps.. heart rate(a 5 or so second lag).. dope to use with myfitnesspal to track your macros/micros..

Last edited:
same dudes criticizing other men in this jawn posting heavily in the BBW/voluptuous woman thread 
roll.gif

Could anyone tell me what sort of knee injury I might have (have had it for the past 11 months or so):

It hurts my right knee a lot when I do this (semi squat):

I can go down into a full asian squat to sit/relax/etc though and it doesn't hurt (that's not me in the pic lol):

I originally thought it was an ACL (knee giving out etc) but it's been a while now and that doesn't happen. I went in to the doctor and she had me move it around etc and seemed to not know anything about knees/sports injuries etc and said it was fine and to give it more time. I'll try to go in and get a MRI in a few weeks. I can walk around just fine, etc. I hurt it playing basketball, but was a non contact injury. Not sure exactly since there wasn't any big immediate pain when it happened 11 months ago.

You may not even have a knee injury. In the first example you're not squatting properly, on the second you are.

Save your money, fix your squat. MRI's are expensive.

I'm going to have to stop toking. For the week and half I stopped smoking and did IF, I saw major gains. I just don't have the mental discipline when I'm coming down hella
Hungry

same dudes criticizing other men in this jawn posting heavily in the BBW/voluptuous woman thread 
roll.gif
Aint nothin wrong with da BB dubs brah
Bigboss where do you work out? You work in HP right? I work out at Golds on north main, I like it there overall.
In Kernersville at the Fitness Center. I work right near there actually, they just converted it from a Rush recently. Is it pretty nice in there, hows the equipment? DBs up to 150?

I don't think I've ever seen a Golds that big before.

Last edited:
Yeah, I am on some Medi-Cal program since I'm not working yet (work starts in January, better coverage I'd assume). I have no idea how much stuff would cost. What are the alternate options to a MRI?

try to see an orthopedic sports doctor, or just an orthopedic dr, who may refer you to a specialized dr. if it's not something he/she can diagnose, then they will probably recommend the alternative 1-2 months of Physical therapy, then follow up. they may also do an ultrasound on that muscle/ligament.

you can't just get an MRI anyway, it's not like pro sports :lol: . The Dr. has to order it, and insurance has to approve it, insurance will deny it if they aren't convinced it's necessary. MRI cost 2-3K, so it's a good idea to check how much of a deductible you pay on that...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom