STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I hate doing the 5lb plate under heel thing. If I didn't have my lifting shoes I would wear him vibram or socks.

If by bow out you mean bend outwards then yes. You want the hips abducted and the knees tracking in the same direction as the toes.

For squats, do you want to push through the heel or the ball of your foot? Always thought you want the weight focused on your heel

Never the ball of your foot. Changes the center of gravity and puts pressure on the knees.

Some ppl say heel some say heel/Midfoot.

It keeps you from losing balance when you put your center of gravity on your heel/Midfoot.

You're not supposed to let the plate push you on the balls of your feet if that's what you're getting at.

Last edited:
If by bow out you mean bend outwards then yes. You want the hips abducted and the knees tracking in the same direction as the toes.

At 1:30, you can see his knees go out then back in before he lifts up. Looks pretty unstable to me.

THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS ARE MY OBSERVATIONS IN MY OWN GYM. PLEASE DO NOT GET BUTTHURT; THESE COMMENTS ARE ABOUT INDIVIDUALS I SAW. THESE COMMENTS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH NTERS NOR CROSSIFT NOR BB. AGAIN PLEASE DO NOT CRUCIFY YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR:

EVERYTIME I SEE SOMEONE IN THE GYM AND THEYRE WEARING ROSHES I USUALLY THINK NEWB.

THERE IS AN INCREASE OF PEOPLE ON ROIDS IN MY GYM. THEY STICK OUT LIKE SORE THUMBS.

I LOVED INCORPORATING XFIT INTO MY ROUTINES. SOME DUDE INTRODUCED ME TO IT BUT THEN HE STARTED SHOWING THE STEREOTYPICAL HOLIER THAN THOU, CULT LIKE, WEIRDO PERSONALITY.

MY FAV PART WAS WHEN HE AND A COUPLE OF OTHER GYM GOERS WENT TO MY BAR. DUDE WAS BETA AS HELL. COULD NOT HOLD A CONVO NOR LIQUOR.  HE ACTS LIKE A BISH

ALL I COULD THINK TO MYSELF. ALL THAT MUSCLE. ALL THAT CROSSFIT BUT NO CONFIDENCE IN SELF WHATSOEVER.

THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS ARE MY OBSERVATIONS IN MY OWN GYM. PLEASE DO NOT GET BUTTHURT; THESE COMMENTS ARE ABOUT INDIVIDUALS I SAW. THESE COMMENTS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH NTERS NOR CROSSIFT NOR BB. AGAIN PLEASE DO NOT CRUCIFY YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR:

EVERYTIME I SEE SOMEONE IN THE GYM AND THEYRE WEARING ROSHES I USUALLY THINK NEWB.

THERE IS AN INCREASE OF PEOPLE ON ROIDS IN MY GYM. THEY STICK OUT LIKE SORE THUMBS.

I LOVED INCORPORATING XFIT INTO MY ROUTINES. SOME DUDE INTRODUCED ME TO IT BUT THEN HE STARTED SHOWING THE STEREOTYPICAL HOLIER THAN THOU, CULT LIKE, WEIRDO PERSONALITY.

MY FAV PART WAS WHEN HE AND A COUPLE OF OTHER GYM GOERS WENT TO MY BAR. DUDE WAS BETA AS HELL. COULD NOT HOLD A CONVO NOR LIQUOR.  HE ACTS LIKE A BISH

ALL I COULD THINK TO MYSELF. ALL THAT MUSCLE. ALL THAT CROSSFIT BUT NO CONFIDENCE IN SELF WHATSOEVER.
That's why a lot of the gym rats hit the gym because they think a good body would be a magical magnet to women...

anyways does anyone know any challenging yoga videos that does not have an overabundance of handstands and the like.

Http://www.twitter.com

How many of you have tried a no-carb/low-carb diet? How long have you stayed on it for? Gotta lose all this weight I gained dating my ex… :smh: :rofl:

Since tights were brought up i found this interesting

http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/are-compression-garments-gimmick

They aren't superhero skivvies, but they're great for slip-on strength. A study published in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research found that powerlifters who trained for 10 weeks while wearing compression garments added nearly 40 pounds to their squat, while lifters who didn't wear them as they trained added only 6 pounds.

The scientists suggest that the compression design of these garments reduces bloodflow to the muscles in a way that may stimulate hormonal and neural pathways involved in building strength.

Are you more of a cardio guy? In a New Zealand study, fit men who wore compression underwear for 24 hours following aerobic exercise ran faster and felt less fatigued during their next workout than those who didn't don the tights. They also experienced less muscle soreness.

"The extra pressure may affect muscle sensory receptors and change their feedback to your brain in a way that alters performance," says study author Michael Hamline, Ph.D., an exercise scientist at Lincoln University in New Zealand.

I thought the tights would increase blood flow for some reason...like keep muscles warm and tight...but turns out it doesn't....and that isn't a bad thing at all :lol:

Back
Top Bottom