STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Anyone else get weird involuntary muscle twitches? Did dead lifts yesterday (365lbs two sets, two reps felt good, gonna try to hit 375 next time...on that journey toward 405) but today i have some muscle twitches in my back....not painful or anything just weird flickers really. This happens to me sometimes after chest day too. My chest starts to twitch a bit. Is it normal? anyone else have this happen

Could be related to hydration and electrolyte balance.

Last edited:
With deadlifts you guys are more concerned with going as heavy as possible as many times as you can more so than doing a structered amount of reps?

After you've completely warmed up, I would keep the rep range low personally, Luck. Like 3-5. Clean reps though with a weight that allows you to maintain great form.

Last edited:
After you've completely warmed up, I would keep the rep range low personally, Luck. Like 3-5. Clean reps though with a weight that allows you to maintain great form.

So a light warm up with 2 or 3 sets at 3x3 would be more beneficial then 5x5 (1st 5 beig warm ups) at a weight that isn't as heavy but still requires effort

So a light warm up with 2 or 3 sets at 3x3 would be more beneficial then 5x5 (1st 5 beig warm ups) at a weight that isn't as heavy but still requires effort
I would pyramid the first two sets just to get the blood flow going and prepare your body for the load. Set of 12 bar only, bump the weight up some to a weight you're comfortable getting a good 8-10 reps out of. If you don't feel ready, add a little more weight and do another warmup set, listen to your body basically. Then move to your working sets. Base it off of feel. As long as you're not doing something over the top like 50+ reps to warmup, I see no harm in taking an extra set to prepare your body for the movement.

I would pyramid the first two sets just to get the blood flow going and prepare your body for the load. Set of 12 bar only, bump the weight up some to a weight you're comfortable getting a good 8-10 reps out of. If you don't feel ready, add a little more weight and do another warmup set, listen to your body basically. Then move to your working sets. Base it off of feel. As long as you're not doing something over the top like 50+ reps to warmup, I see no harm in taking an extra set to prepare your body for the movement.

An example of what I did last week:
I would initially do like 155 8 times then go to 205 5 times 225 5 times 275 3 times.

I don't know about you guys, but I definitely get sore. Shiiiiiiiiidd I'm sore right now. MY back is tore up! lats, traps, rhomboids, all of that hahaha. Some chest soreness too, right near the split in the middle. I'm sure my calves will be dead tomorrow. usually takes a day after working them to hurt lol. bi's n tris are sore too, quite a bit. Doing that work. And I'm off the next 3 days for school, so come thursday I'll be back to 100% to kill it again. Gainz bro, gainz.

1000 calories a day? Dude are you anorexic? I get the budget thing but you really need to eat some food

That's always the response I get. I mean clinically I guess you could say I'm anorexic because I eat once a day, but it's just what I'm used to. Growing up I hated school food so I didn't eat breakfast or lunch most of the time and then I'd get home and clean out the cabinets. That was for years. Now I can eat whenever I want but I don't get hungry until afternoon so i'll just have a sammich/cereal or other snack and then whatever for dinner.  Body doesn't look grossly skinny or anything, I just fluctuate between 165-180, which is low at 6'1". I don't turn away food, but I do sleep more than most people, which I think cuts down on times I would get hungry. I'm just energy efficient haha.

um, not healthy at all...

I don't know about you guys, but I definitely get sore. Shiiiiiiiiidd I'm sore right now. MY back is tore up! lats, traps, rhomboids, all of that hahaha. Some chest soreness too, right near the split in the middle. I'm sure my calves will be dead tomorrow. usually takes a day after working them to hurt lol. bi's n tris are sore too, quite a bit. Doing that work. And I'm off the next 3 days for school, so come thursday I'll be back to 100% to kill it again. Gainz bro, gainz.
I am the same, usually takes a day sometimes two before soreness kicks in for me.  Nothing like going to be feeling fine, then waking up with a truck on your chest.

Dropped 10 lbs since 6/24/13 :pimp:

HIIT works best for me. I sprint 100 yards at my old HS track, catch my breath, then do it again 10 times

I'm 6'2" 237 trying to get down to 200

Last edited:

An example of what I did last week:
I would initially do like 155 8 times then go to 205 5 times 225 5 times 275 3 times.
That's perfectly fine. I would skip that 205 set though. Especially if you don't have an issue getting your 5 reps with 225 in. Train as close to that 3-5 rep max as possible while maintaining good form. Each session you can always add 2.5 pounders to each side if you feel like you can so more, but don't want to risk a big jump in weight.

For something more scientific that'll remove the guess work, look into starting strength. I think a couple of the people in this thread have a PDF of it, gotta dig for mines. You can always stick with thr principles for your compounds and do dumbbells and machines as assistance work if you don't want a pure strength training routine.

I want to be big and strong. Nothing will stop me.
laugh.gif
 Never in my life would I want to look like that

Hey guys,i'm about 5'9" & i used to weight 255 lbs, i've lost 35 lbs in 4 months,but ive been stuck on 220 lbs for almost 3 weeks now.
I don't eat any carbs & i only eat right,The only cheating i do is i might have a drink once a week,i work out 4 times a week, i do about an hr weight lifting,about 40 minutes on the punching bag,& about 25 mins on the stairmaster.
What am i doing wrong?And what can i do to lose the weight,i wanna get down to 200-190 lbs.

Don't let the scale dictate how you feel, there are too many variables and also many indicators of progress. Looking at the scale will lead to frustration, since some will look at it as the most important indicator or progress, which is not the case.

Personally started 2013 at 255, heaviest I've ever been. Last two weeks been fluctuating between 225-230, with the end goal of being 205-15 by the end of the year.

I simply can't use the scale because I'm working out, which means #gainz :smile:lol). I look at body composition, differences, started taking pics monthly so I can visually see progress and share down the road. Also, clothes are a big indicator as well, most of my XL clothes are fitting kind of loose and the "tailored/slm fit" stuff in XL is getting kind of baggy. Might have to drop down in to an L soon, :smokin in terms of progress but :smh: in having to buy new clothes. Guess you have to look at the silver lining.

What you guys think about Kali muscle? I respect his grind lol but I doubt dude is natural. I can respect Someone that does roids and doesn't downplay it like they are natural, but can't respect someone who disses roids and clearly is more than likely juiced. Dude on some all I eat is tuna and ramen noodles stuff LOLOLOL. I seen a little kid on Instagram take a pick and tons of tuna cans and ramen noodles his parents prob bought from Costco or sams club and was like "on my Kali muscle diet"

Giving away my Orange Triad multis. I've only taken about 20 out of the 270. Anyone interested? First person on the East Coast can have them.

What you guys think about Kali muscle? I respect his grind lol but I doubt dude is natural. I can respect Someone that does roids and doesn't downplay it like they are natural, but can't respect someone who disses roids and clearly is more than likely juiced. Dude on some all I eat is tuna and ramen noodles stuff LOLOLOL. I seen a little kid on Instagram take a pick and tons of tuna cans and ramen noodles his parents prob bought from Costco or sams club and was like "on my Kali muscle diet"

I am feelin the same way about him.

He seemed real cool when strength project first started promoting him

All this hyphy mud nonsense is getting kind of annoying also.

I couldnt imagine how bad it tastes

Back
Top Bottom