STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

yea, i dont think im gonna wear my belt again while deadlifting.. i did not like how it felt at all.

i feel much stronger beltless on my DL. i def be wearing them for squats though.

anyways, hit 370 x6 which is a rep PR for me. I honestly feel like i could've gone 7, maybe even 8, if I were beltless.

Got my Pioneer lever in Monday and have used it for a quick DL/back day, a shoulder day, and a leg day yesterday. Definitely love having it for DLs (especially heavier straight leg DLs when I'm fatigued), bent over rows, OHP, and any standing exercise when my lower back is fried.

The support is good, but I'm definitely going to have to get used to squatting with it on, since it seems to dig into my hips when I hit super deep ROM. I played around with placement and it seems like wearing it up a bit higher helps, but can put pressure on my ribs if I'm not careful.

Overall, definitely happy with the quality/look and will use it for heavier compounds and isolations when I'm fatigued. I would definitely recommend the Kabuki taper (you can see it at 12-2 o'clock on the last picture) since it definitely reduces imbalance and pinching.

Here are some quick pics:
IMG_0225.JPG
IMG_0230.JPG

Nice. Pioneer sqaud. :pimp:

It’s gonna take some getting used to but once you are it’s not so bad. I usually just throw it on the smallest part of my waist these days so I can get it tight af. I got a prong belt. I still get bruises sometimes but I don’t even feel it, I just see it later. Comes with the territory.

yea, i dont think im gonna wear my belt again while deadlifting.. i did not like how it felt at all.

i feel much stronger beltless on my DL. i def be wearing them for squats though.

anyways, hit 370 x6 which is a rep PR for me. I honestly feel like i could've gone 7, maybe even 8, if I were beltless.
This was me originally but once you get accustomed you'll see how much it can really benefit you. Trust me.

Ight. I wouldn't want to be 100% reliant on the belt. I did that with wraps and when I took them off I damn near died, attempting the same max weight.

Wait yall rocking a belt for accessory exercises?

I only wear it when i go heavier than 4plates on DL, heavier than 3plates on Squats and 200 on ohp.

I wear the belt 3plates or more on squats, 4 plates or more on dl and 1 plate on ohp.

I used to never use it but I’m not trying to mess my back up again lifting for fun.

I never use it on any lifts other than those.

Hey guys question. Which creatine is the one that's known for causing cramps in the abdomen. I was in the hospital again on Saturday for my intestine being in extreme pain. Couldn't walk, diarrhea, puking. The first time I went Dr said it may be diverticulitis. This time they said it was either the same thing or gastrointestinal something. They kept asking me what are you eating. But my diet hasn't changed in almost 10 years. (aside from the cheat meals) it just dawned on me Today. I hat the only difference when the pain started is that I've been bulking since August and I consistently started adding creatine from Animal (which I believe is the mono hydrate). Could this be it.? Or is it the once every other week spicy (not that spicy) food. And burger I have as a cheat?

Definitely not spicy food fam. I mess wirh spicy food a lot, had some indian food yesterday (indian hot too) and aside from farting up a storm and having to take a nap after i was good.

Hey guys question. Which creatine is the one that's known for causing cramps in the abdomen.

monohydrate. monohydrate can get stuck in your intestines which will pull excess water into the intestines. try creatine hydrochloride or just cut out the creatine in general if you're having serious health issues.

while theres a lot of studides showing the benefits of creatine, there are a good about showing the negative effects of creatin as well.

Damn, never heard of GI problems from creatine before. I've heard about that kinda stuff from pretty much all other supps. Have you tried switching up brands and everything?

It's happened twice now. I'll admit this most recent time may be a cause of me not getting in Enough water too. Just had an endoscopy done. So hopefully we'll see for sure. The type of pain I'm having though doesn't match up to the first time. I took creatine in like 2008. That was more of a lower abdominal pain. As to where this is on the side. Which is why think diverticulitis

It's happened twice now. I'll admit this most recent time may be a cause of me not getting in Enough water too. Just had an endoscopy done. So hopefully we'll see for sure. The type of pain I'm having though doesn't match up to the first time. I took creatine in like 2008. That was more of a lower abdominal pain. As to where this is on the side. Which is why think diverticulitis

My uncle had that diverticulitis. Sucks man, sorry to hear that. I'm hoping you come through good man

Hey guys question. Which creatine is the one that's known for causing cramps in the abdomen. I was in the hospital again on Saturday for my intestine being in extreme pain. Couldn't walk, diarrhea, puking. The first time I went Dr said it may be diverticulitis. This time they said it was either the same thing or gastrointestinal something. They kept asking me what are you eating. But my diet hasn't changed in almost 10 years. (aside from the cheat meals) it just dawned on me Today. I hat the only difference when the pain started is that I've been bulking since August and I consistently started adding creatine from Animal (which I believe is the mono hydrate). Could this be it.? Or is it the once every other week spicy (not that spicy) food. And burger I have as a cheat?
Your issue sounds a little more gastro related than anything. Don’t think it’s fully creatine related but yea ppl say mono bloats them and messes with their stomach. There was talk in here about the studies being inconclusive on whether there’s a difference of mono vs HCL etc. but I can tell you that mono always fs me up while HCL doesn’t

Back
Top Bottom