STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I was doing a similar routine to that and after ~5 months, I decided to switch it up to the SL 5x5 routine. I felt good after doing Day 1 yesterday and having the app will just make things that much easier to keep track of everything.

Curious where I'll be in a month.

You gonna be strong as hell after a few months brotha. Numbers gonna shoot up.

I finally got 115x10 on flat dumb press, after hitting 115x7 in February. It took 6 months, lol. I have to start using my wrist wraps more, they definitely increases my stability and makes it feel 5-10 lbs lighter.

Hit a new soundview on incline bench today, too -- 295x1. Then, 265 5x3. I can't wait to hit 3 plates on incline, lol.

Hit a 255x5 squat too, this week. No pain in my knee whatsoever. Only time I feel it, is during leg extensions or the standing hamstring curl. I've been doing 3x5 for time saving reasons (I hit the gym during work hours or after work).

Last edited:
Been going to the gym with my girl lately and she points out all the sexy thick chicks working out :pimp:

push day today... shoulder health isnt the best right now due to flat benching heavy these days..

switching it up and going to incline today.

Question for y'all that have physically demanding jobs, after working out and the soreness kicks in how are you guys able to do your job? I just got back into working out after a long *** break (3 years) and today I was so damn sore I could barely do my job. I'm a merchandiser so I fill shelves and break down pallets full of ********. All I could do was laugh cuz of how sore I was today :lol:
real talk, it's hard at first but my body just got used to it.
I used to do the same thing as you when I worked full time at whole foods. I was the buyer/receiver/merchandiser and I barely had a break throughout the day. One thing that helped was that my schedule was fixed, because of my position in the department. Same hours and days every week, except when we had inventory.

6am-2:30pm mon, tue, thur, fri, sat

I would work out from like 3:30 to 5pm and sometimes on my day off I would get a 2-a-day in there. I pretty much had no social life cause I was always tired, only rest I would get would be on sundays.....good luck :lol:

Been going to the gym with my girl lately and she points out all the sexy thick chicks working out :pimp:
niiiiceeee :nthat:

my boy is married and goes to the gym with his wife but she's the total opposite. if she catches him looking he WILL get slapped in front of everybody :rofl:

niiiiceeee :nthat:

my boy is married and goes to the gym with his wife but she's the total opposite. if she catches him looking he WILL get slapped in front of everybody :rofl:

Yeah same with my buddy. Apparently his wife watches him while shes on the treadmill smh

real talk, it's hard at first but my body just got used to it.
I used to do the same thing as you when I worked full time at whole foods. I was the buyer/receiver/merchandiser and I barely had a break throughout the day. One thing that helped was that my schedule was fixed, because of my position in the department. Same hours and days every week, except when we had inventory.

6am-2:30pm mon, tue, thur, fri, sat

I would work out from like 3:30 to 5pm and sometimes on my day off I would get a 2-a-day in there. I pretty much had no social life cause I was always tired, only rest I would get would be on sundays.....good luck :lol:

Same I got used to it. Work really isn't hard how since I go to the gym so it's nothing to move some heavy things. Meanwhile my old co worker who smokes 2 packs a day is always asking me for help. I just tell him to get out of the way and let me handle it. :lol: I don't mind helping him because he's like 60 years old but I definately give him hell but it's all jokes.

Yeah same with my buddy. Apparently his wife watches him while shes on the treadmill smh
man i can never date a woman like that

It's the total opposite with one of my other boys. He's in Barbados right now for crop over and they're both having the time of their lives. She's not bout that controlling BS and she always be checking out other women with us. She's even gotten other chicks to grind on him in front of her, she doesn't care cause at the end of the day he's coming back home to her.

I don't even follow a split anymore. As long as I dl sundays, squat 3 days and bench two days a week I'm cool.

I usually superset rows with bench on my lighter days. And squat before I bench. I have a pull-up bar too so I usually hit like 40 reps a day in all variations. My body is used to all the squatting and bench now and I've seen a lot of strength from hitting it so much.

Pretty much what I do especially..... squat/bench press when I'm at my home gym

You got pics of your gym?

I want a rack in the crib one day. All I got now is a damb pull up bar. I'd be having everyone over to bro out.

lol Ill take pics when I go there... Its one of the best gyms in the south.... the owner Red Lerille was Mr Universe or something

The flat bench is like a foot step away from the squat rack, makes it easy to superset.

lol Ill take pics when I go there... Its one of the best gyms in the south.... the owner Red Lerille was Mr Universe or something

The flat bench is like a foot step away from the squat rack, makes it easy to superset.

I meant your home gym. :lol:

I lift at a dope gym here. Los campeones franklin location.

Did some light shoulders and legs today

Worked up to 275x5x2 on squats. Gonna get back to 3wheels this week. Taping my knee + sleeves definitely helps.

This father/son duo was on the damn power rack over 45min doing ohp smh. They were on the outside of the rack too, lil bobby damn near lost balance on a couple reps and almost fell backwards. Was a mess waiting to happen. Dudes looked like those alt right goofs in charlottesville too

Did some light shoulders and legs today

Worked up to 275x5x2 on squats. Gonna get back to 3wheels this week. Taping my knee + sleeves definitely helps.

This father/son duo was on the damn power rack over 45min doing ohp smh. They were on the outside of the rack too, lil bobby damn near lost balance on a couple reps and almost fell backwards. Was a mess waiting to happen. Dudes looked like those alt right goofs in charlottesville too
Weakminded, weakbodied

That's what's up man

Either A. She's a keeper
Or B. Issa trap

My old lady is more the watch me from the treadmill type like ole boys :smh:

I have a 5 day split like the others mentioned. Except, I pair rest days back to back.

This is the exact routine I was doing.

This past week I expiremented with:

Day 1: chest/back
Day 2: shoulders/arms
Day 3: legs/core
Day 4: open gym/ vigorous stretch
Rest day
Start it up again.

So far I'm liking it

This is the exact routine I was doing.

This past week I expiremented with:

Day 1: chest/back
Day 2: shoulders/arms
Day 3: legs/core
Day 4: open gym/ vigorous stretch
Rest day
Start it up again.

So far I'm liking it
I don't have any certain days, I do what part I feel like when I get there. But I know to always do back before legs now

**** dl day. 5 singles at 425, just felt gross because I ate a burger with deep fried bacon and cheese curds on it two hours before. Every time I'd go to brace I'd feel my belt pushing the food up my throat. Then I just hit a 3x5 at 335.

after hitting heavy barbell incline bench i decided to take the 95 db incline for a spin.

did 90 1x7 then 95 1x5 then 75 1x8

first time hitting the 95 and im glad I was able to get at least 5 reps.. next time i'll do the 95 first then drop it back to 90.

What The Health really had me gassed up and ready to try a vegan diet until I read an article about their inflating and misrepresenting statistics and wrongful claims.

Dude was really out here saying an egg a day is as bad as 5 cigarettes. I flipped when I heard that.

I'm devouring me a hefty dose of Chipotle tomorrow WITH CHEESE.

However, I will say I still want to ramp up the fresh produce in my diet and switch to almond milk. Cow's milk doesn't sit right with me anymore.

Back
Top Bottom