STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Ive only tried chocolate which was good imo. Not too thick or sweet. What do you recommend?

I've never tried strawberry banana or strawberry but I have had vanilla ice cream. Legit tastes like a melted vanilla milkshake if you mix it with milk. That'd be my recommendation if you like vanilla ice cream and/or milk shakes

Anyone try strawberry banana, cookies & cream or regular strawberry from ON gold standard?
Nope but I can vouch for the "coffee" flavor. Sooooo good. It's 40MG Caffeine, though. Mocha Cappuccino is "ok". I've been trying new flavors lately.

Ahat, you only 15 lbs away! It felt good when I hit 300 for the first time lol. Soon, you'll be 3 plate daddy.

Hit a soundview of 460x2 on dead today. I didn't think I'd get it, because 425x2 was a little harder than it should've been, but I got it up. I was also wary of tweaking my back again, since I don't use a belt, but I kept it tight and it worked out.

Maybe one day I'll DL 500 like you big guys. I stopped focusing on beating myself over numbers and just going with the flow.

This is a pic from a week ago.

Attachments

• IMG_20170806_044519_921.jpg
    IMG_20170806_044519_921.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 30
Ended up getting milk chocolate from bodybuilding. They have a buy 1 get 1 50% off with an additional 10% off. Two 3.5lbs for $65 shipped.

Nope but I can vouch for the "coffee" flavor. Sooooo good. It's 40MG Caffeine, though. Mocha Cappuccino is "ok". I've been trying new flavors lately.

Ahat, you only 15 lbs away! It felt good when I hit 300 for the first time lol. Soon, you'll be 3 plate daddy.

Hit a soundview of 460x2 on dead today. I didn't think I'd get it, because 425x2 was a little harder than it should've been, but I got it up. I was also wary of tweaking my back again, since I don't use a belt, but I kept it tight and it worked out.

Maybe one day I'll DL 500 like you big guys. I stopped focusing on beating myself over numbers and just going with the flow.

This is a pic from a week ago.

B **** 500, you out here lookin like an action figure. Ill take that any day lol

Hit 215 5x5 on flat bench... kinda.

2 of the sets I stopped at 4 cause I didnt have a spotter and I didnt want to risk it... so I did 1 extra set of 3 to make up for it. cumulative of 26 reps so i'll still take it lol.

good to see everyone still putting in work :pimp:

whatever happened to those NT weightlifting t shirts someone said they were gonna make?

also, is it just me or does a 25 lb plate + a 10lb plate feel heavier than just a 35lb plate? :lol:

Welcome to NT.. :nthat:

Thanks man!

Anyone try strawberry banana, cookies & cream or regular strawberry from ON gold standard?
I haven't tried ON in years. While you are getting quality protein (meeting label claims) I feel like there are tons of other great options out there that can deliver in the flavor department. Companies like PES, Animal, and Controlled Labs all offer quality protein with awesome flavoring.

About to get back into shape. Any apps to be recommended? For tracking gains, suggesting workouts and managing meals?

About to get back into shape. Any apps to be recommended? For tracking gains, suggesting workouts and managing meals?

Myfitnesspal is a free app that helps you track your food. I personally like the If It Fits Your Macros (IIFYM) method of dieting. Being able to fit in a variety foods rather than the cookie cutter type of diets.

Question for y'all that have physically demanding jobs, after working out and the soreness kicks in how are you guys able to do your job? I just got back into working out after a long *** break (3 years) and today I was so damn sore I could barely do my job. I'm a merchandiser so I fill shelves and break down pallets full of ********. All I could do was laugh cuz of how sore I was today :lol:

soundview soundview you ever gonna get on stage?
Nah. It's something about flexing in a thong, in front of strange men who visually probe you and write notes, that doesn't sit well for me. Ill do a meet...one day. I just don't want to be there all day. Let me do my 3 lifts and just call me and tell me what place I came in. I'm tryna go home.

Question for y'all that have physically demanding jobs, after working out and the soreness kicks in how are you guys able to do your job? I just got back into working out after a long *** break (3 years) and today I was so damn sore I could barely do my job. I'm a merchandiser so I fill shelves and break down pallets full of ********. All I could do was laugh cuz of how sore I was today :lol:

I do manual labor. Best suggestion I have is to do 2 compounds on the weekend.

It took a while for me to adjust and I usually have to drink a monster for caffeine after work, just to have energy. I usually lift whatever I have energy for that day. So when I'm tired, I'm more liable to hit arms than a compound.

Also, get enough rest. Once your body gets used to it, you should be good.

I work for a window company. It's hard trying to hit back when I'm bending over all day. I remember one time I was installing a new glass in the frame and my back gave out aND I almost fell. Lol.

On the bright side, at least we burn more calories, so that's more to eat for bulking and cutting ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I want to get stronger on dead lifts and squats. Should change my routine and do them 2-3 times a weeks?

Don't deadlift more than once a week. You can squat 3x a week though. Try the 5x5 stronglifts program your numbers will shoot up. Pretty much all compound lifts and you squat 3x a week.

I want to get stronger on dead lifts and squats. Should change my routine and do them 2-3 times a weeks?

Just make sure ur monitering your volume. If u want to do more days, u better not be doing crazy volume. Id consider working in other lifts that'll help your DL instead of DLing all the time. Rows rack pulls pull ups rows and rows. Hit some rows a few times a week.
Also don't forget its a marathon bro!! It takes time, dont rush it otherwise you'll get injured and wont be lifting a damn thing

^ this. good advice right there.

I hit all my body part twice a week but I only squat and DL once a week. cant imagine doing them twice week. my lower back will be destroyed.

Don't deadlift more than once a week. You can squat 3x a week though. Try the 5x5 stronglifts program your numbers will shoot up. Pretty much all compound lifts and you squat 3x a week.

Just looked this up and it may be what I need right now as I feel like I've hit the wall after ~5 months on my current routine.

Interesting that you don't really need to do any bicep focused workouts and people are still gaining size there. Will start this program later today.

Last edited:
^ this. good advice right there.

I hit all my body part twice a week but I only squat and DL once a week. cant imagine doing them twice week. my lower back will be destroyed.

Im pretty much the same cept some weeks i squat twice (once back squat once front squat).

Just looked this up and it may be what I need right now as I feel like I've hit the wall after ~5 months on my current routine.

Interesting that you don't really need to do any bicep focused workouts and people are still gaining size there. Will start this program later today.

Biceps are waste of time imo.

Hi guys, long time NT lurker since 2004. Finally decided to join the NT community and glad I found this thread. A lot of motivating folks in here. Currently battling through some elbow injuries, so I am just going to be doing whatever exercises that don't irritate it even more, along with some cardio. "Sigh" the joys of getting older.

If its pain on the inside of the elbow (golfer's elbow) I strongly suggest learning how to do pullups correctly as well as lat pulldowns. Doing it wrong for years led me to lots of pain. Pain is going away now.

Biceps are a waste of time if u doing ur pull-ups and rows but if ur body building / want guns for the buns then why not.... i see fat out of shape guys that prob work out once in a blue moon and they're crushing biceps , that's a waste

My wife doesn't weight train very much at all and she'll do bi and tri specific stuff, I tell her to stop but she don't listen. I'm getting her a trainer :lol:

Here it is. Put more back into it than I wanted to but not terrible.

Also the guy you see walking in the back with the brown shirt is power lifter. Dude's physique though is insane.

Keep grindin fellas :pimp:. I owe my progress to tracking my intake. I'm a believer now

Back
Top Bottom