STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Anyone have good suggestions on some good wireless headphones. I've been just using the standard iPhone ones and I'm thinking about switching over to wireless.

Geezus kris Gethin dtp 4 weeks to shred is intense workout wise. Def not doing the nutrition part though. Has me at 1600-1700 calories. I'm already 188. At my height and build anything lower than 175 on me looks weird especially with no/low carbs plus I'm not doing a show this year so no point

Anyone have good suggestions on some good wireless headphones. I've been just using the standard iPhone ones and I'm thinking about switching over to wireless.

Jaybird X3

+1

I actually went thru the trouble of buying and using all of the jaybird x3, Bose soundsports, and Powerbeats3. I didn't want to do that but the problem was online reviews and YouTube had people loving all of em. For ME I liked the x3 the best.

Watching the documentaries on gear on Netflix and YT really opens your eyes. 4 years ago I was honestly disgusted and pro players who use them. Then within this last 2 years i realized that almost everyone pro is on them. Nothing new.

Kinda tempting for experience purposes, a meet, and physique honestly
Anyone got names on docs like these? Have been looking for some to watch.
:nerd:

would like to watch as well. Youtube link??

:nerd:

would like to watch as well. Youtube link??

The first one that comes to me off the top of my head is Bigger, Stronger, Faster. That's all about steroids. Prescription Thugs is good too although not along the same lines as Bigger, Stronger, Faster. Generation Iron is good too.

Last edited:
+1

I actually went thru the trouble of buying and using all of the jaybird x3, Bose soundsports, and Powerbeats3. I didn't want to do that but the problem was online reviews and YouTube had people loving all of em. For ME I liked the x3 the best.
What about anything cheaper lol looking for something under 100

Another question, going wireless earbuds for the gym worth it? I've always been in the middle about it. Spending the extra money for it.

I bought some cheaper ones from winners (store similar to marshalls) for $30 and its great. Dont have to worry about a wire being in the way esp during squats and deadlift.

Last edited:
I bought some cheaper ones from winners (store similar to marshalls) for $30 and its great. Dont have to worry about a wire being in the way esp during squats and deadlift.

Yeah i saw some Sony extra bass ones for 50 at bestbuy. I'm tryna stay below the 100 dollar range

Yea I forgot my headphones at the base I go to in the military went back, and somebody swiped them.

they were sume bluedio amazon joints did the job, but I'm going to buy some today.  My cousin brought those Sony extra bass headphones from target for christmas.  He said they were pretty legit.

Any headphones I buy has to be wireless....

Last edited:
Yea I forgot my headphones at the base I go to in the military went back, and somebody swiped them.

they were sume bluedio amazon joints did the job, but I'm going to buy some today.  My cousin brought those Sony extra bass headphones from target for christmas.  He said they were pretty legit.

Any headphones I buy has to be wireless....

Which ones are you about to pick up today, well I heard once you use wireless in the gym you never go back to wired lol

Which ones are you about to pick up today, well I heard once you use wireless in the gym you never go back to wired lol
yea pretty much... I can't remember the last wired headphones I owned, and I have no clue I'm always comparing **** before I purchase especially electronics.

yea pretty much... I can't remember the last wired headphones I owned, and I have no clue I'm always comparing **** before I purchase especially electronics.

Yeah I feel it, I look up so many reviews before I buy, I wanna try those jarbirds cuz I keep hearing good things about em but I don't wanna spend that much for some gym earbuds lol

This is that bodybuilding approach of "chasing the pump". All you're doing is pumping more fluid into the muscle, most of which will leave within hours following your workout. You're not actually building any substantial strength that will translate into your compound lifts. Training like this will increase the volume of fluid in your muscle, but won't build strength. Alternatively, training for strength will increase your strength and build real muscle.
this couldnt be more wrong. 

Yeah I feel it, I look up so many reviews before I buy, I wanna try those jarbirds cuz I keep hearing good things about em but I don't wanna spend that much for some gym earbuds lol

this

i break blue tooth headphones like once every 3 months. I had one pair of headphones i got for a gift they were like $80. I got two replacement pairs from the company and then they stopped responding to my emails and phone calls. But i stay in the sub $30 headphone range since they never seem to last...but wireless is a must now. I have wired for backups just in case my wireless die at the gym. Gym with no music is not acceptable :lol:

I can't bench squat or press at this time and I'm waiting for my thumb to heal.

I'm doing back day and accessory lifts for the other body parts. I was initially doing starting strength but because of the thumb I've had to ditch it.

I have these exercises for back but not sure about reps/sets and weight

barbell row
deadlift
lat pull down
seated cable row
hammer strength lat pull down
cable bicep curl machine

could anyone help me out, thanks

I can't bench squat or press at this time and I'm waiting for my thumb to heal.

I'm doing back day and accessory lifts for the other body parts. I was initially doing starting strength but because of the thumb I've had to ditch it.

I have these exercises for back but not sure about reps/sets and weight

barbell row
deadlift
lat pull down
seated cable row
hammer strength lat pull down
cable bicep curl machine

could anyone help me out, thanks

Wait, how can you do all of those with your thumb injured but can't squat? Sorry if I missed the description of your injury

this

i break blue tooth headphones like once every 3 months. I had one pair of headphones i got for a gift they were like $80. I got two replacement pairs from the company and then they stopped responding to my emails and phone calls. But i stay in the sub $30 headphone range since they never seem to last...but wireless is a must now. I have wired for backups just in case my wireless die at the gym. Gym with no music is not acceptable :lol:

Good to know im not the only one that breaks headphones on a regular basis lol. Thought something wrong with me. Im like u i stay with the cheaper ones cuz they all end up breaking for me so id rather spend 25-30 than like 80

Wait, how can you do all of those with your thumb injured but can't squat? Sorry if I missed the description of your injury

I do a thumbless grip on most of those back exercises cept the deadlift but because my hand is pointing down its ok.

If the bar is on top of my thumb joint as it is on bench press or squat, it re aggravates the sprain

Good to know im not the only one that breaks headphones on a regular basis lol. Thought something wrong with me. Im like u i stay with the cheaper ones cuz they all end up breaking for me so id rather spend 25-30 than like 80
LOL NAAA I got all you beat lets go down memory lane

Beats Solo 2's (got them wet copped them from the px on the army base tax free)

Beats Studios (stop charging bought them from tmobile on a monthly plan so I had some broke headphones that I was still paying $12.00 a month on)

Action Pie Bluetooth headphones off amazon (forget them in the gym) I bought these headphones like twice

Bluedio Bluetooth headphones (forget them in the gym)

I'm probably forgetting some this has been in the last year or two smh.  I know I had another pair of Beats by Dre.... the cuffs inside got so sweaty they came off.... horrible running headphones.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom