STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Can anyone critique my squat? I took nearly a year off from back squats because of hip pain and just recently started incorporating them back in. All my squats have a little bit of forward lean, even with the bar. My high bar squats look like some people's low bar. Is a little bit of forward lean acceptable as long as I stay neutral? Any constructive criticism would be much appreciated

Can anyone critique my squat? I took nearly a year off from back squats because of hip pain and just recently started incorporating them back in. All my squats have a little bit of forward lean, even with the bar. My high bar squats look like some people's low bar. Is a little bit of forward lean acceptable as long as I stay neutral? Any constructive criticism would be much appreciated
Form looks pretty damn good. Have any views from front/back?

Yeah that form looks
nthat.gif

Form looks on point bro. But question for you because I went through the same thing you did. Did you ever notice any foot/ankle collapse inward when you began to have pain. Took me forever to figure out what was my hip pain from and this is exactly what caused it after getting a trainer to help me
http://www.dothemovement.com/deep-squat-collapsing-ankles-poor-squat/

The one factor they say may cause this is if you're flat footed and I'm as flat footed as they come. Currently sticking to zercher, box squats, and accessory work to help strenghten around the issue so I can start to hit depth again with no issue. I hear orthotics may help but haven't tried

Last edited:
Down with the #ntfit IG tag
and down with some NTFit shirts

We get decently nice microfiber soccer jerseys for our soccer leagues for like $15 a piece. They are hanes version of the microfiber. They have names and numbers printed on them so i know it wouldn't cost much. Would pay extra if our profit can go to a charity or something too.

Hard to wear the NT fitted to the gym so need to wear something else to rep the set

Bro shoot me a PM regarding the jerseys.

Form looks on point bro. But question for you because I went through the same thing you did. Did you ever notice any foot/ankle collapse inward when you began to have pain. Took me forever to figure out what was my hip pain from and this is exactly what caused it after getting a trainer to help me
http://www.dothemovement.com/deep-squat-collapsing-ankles-poor-squat/

The one factor they say may cause this is if you're flat footed and I'm as flat footed as they come. Currently sticking to zercher, box squats, and accessory work to help strenghten around the issue so I can start to hit depth again with no issue. I hear orthotics may help but haven't tried

I'm flat footed as well and my feet definitely have a tendency to collapse. I'm still working on it but a few things that have helped so far are ankle mobility drills and rolling my foot with a lacrosse ball. I've also been trying to "retrain" my feet. Dr. Jacob Harden has some really good posts on IG about it.

@Knicks718 What are you wearing for kicks in that clip? I'm looking for a good squat shoe. Also flat footed. I feel like angling by feet externally and shoving out helps a little.

10 days in ...

Last few been a struggle, got a quad strain so im pretty limited. Most I can do exercise(cardio) wise is walking, I tried to jog but I can only get so far not trying to make it worse and end up being a month long deal

10 days in ...

Last few been a struggle, got a quad strain so im pretty limited. Most I can do exercise(cardio) wise is walking, I tried to jog but I can only get so far not trying to make it worse and end up being a month long deal
Look into voodoo flossing rehab. Kelley Starrett has a bunch of videos on youtube.

I've had a wonky knee past few weeks and i've only started to do some voodoo flossing on it. Been helping tremendously.

The only thing is you need to keep up with it, can't do it once or twice and expect your injury to be fully healed. I think that's what really prevents people during rehab and healing. It's a process and you need to see it through. I've been guilty of that way of thinking too, but just gotta stay conscious of it.

I'm flat footed as well and my feet definitely have a tendency to collapse. I'm still working on it but a few things that have helped so far are ankle mobility drills and rolling my foot with a lacrosse ball. I've also been trying to "retrain" my feet. Dr. Jacob Harden has some really good posts on IG about it.
I've been doing the same. Gotta check out the doc tips. Keep up the good work bro

Another flat footed fella checking in :lol:. I been rocking those dr scholls inserts in my kicks, except my squat shoes. Found theyve helped a little bit.

@Knicks718
What are you wearing for kicks in that clip? I'm looking for a good squat shoe. Also flat footed. I feel like angling by feet externally and shoving out helps a little.

Definitely, I try to actively create an arch anytime I squat. I'm rocking the adipowers, I was able to get them on sale for $100

Look into voodoo flossing rehab. Kelley Starrett has a bunch of videos on youtube.

I've had a wonky knee past few weeks and i've only started to do some voodoo flossing on it. Been helping tremendously.

The only thing is you need to keep up with it, can't do it once or twice and expect your injury to be fully healed. I think that's what really prevents people during rehab and healing. It's a process and you need to see it through. I've been guilty of that way of thinking too, but just gotta stay conscious of it.

Good looks, preciate it.

Yeah rehab process sucks, the last time ive had to do something like this was in college i strained a hammy pretty bad in the fall during conditioning drills. I was with the trainer cpl hours a day for about 3 weeks or so. Back then I had the time, but its on me now to fit it in my work day/daily schedule

Unless ur just starting to DL or use mixed grip, i dont think we can switch which hand to pronate and supinated, it just feels too awkward. Id try hook gripping if i was concerned about imbalances. Then again maybe on lighter weights/warm up sets when i wouldnt normally mix grip, maybe i could switch hands and get used to it

I pull overhand to 315 then switch to mixed. I might just keep doing that. I really don't care if one trap is bigger as long as it won't hurt me.

getback getback no I don't rotate. It feels off.

Damn nice! That corework :pimp:

My core hella weak, i keep forgetting to squeeze in my abs when im lifting smh

I know he doesn't post a lot but shouts to the kid @JPhysique

I wish i had the strength and balance to do this

Just got a nofitction on this lol. Ayyyyyyy appreciate the shout out and love my brotha! You follow me on IG lol whats your IG bro?

Brrroooo I use to be super athletic back in the day but now got too much muscle and I'm older 
laugh.gif
 but I still got it kinda lol

@23kidd  Appreciate that bro! Bruh gotta engage that core for all lifts! 

@illphillip  Watch my other vids I got the JAMS bro! All day! 
smokin.gif
laugh.gif

Pulled another soundview today.

410x5 (Soundview)

445x3 (Soundview)

While talking to my mom on the phone lol.

I should do more warm ups. I noticed my sets are way easier when I do a good 3-5 warm ups.

Knee feeling better. Was able to do 135x5 squat no pain.

Gonna do 135 until the end of this month, then it's back 100%.

A coach in my gym I'm cool with said "Yo, I gotta tell you, every time I see you, you get bigger and bigger, you big as ****". I was like damn, thanks a lot. 

To God be the glory.

I see yall still grinding. keep going.

Back
Top Bottom