STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I think crossfit builds strength more than lifting...you'll most likely see more gains with lifting I'm sure...if that makes sense :lol:
uh whut? no it doesn't. it varies on weight progression + number of reps + diet. I don't even know what you're saying.

iLLest will do 1

Last edited:
legs day today...hopefully it doesn't snow much in MD today. Northern MD isn't supposed to get much so i should be ok

I just snack on cucumbers. I like the taste of them with my fake pickling method.
Ya they're a great snack with a lil salt and add a lot of texture to a salad, but you can't go around eating a bunch of them and no other veggies and thinking you're set in that capacity

16 hours fasted, 8 hours eating window.

you can do a longer fast like a lot of people do, some will do 18 hours fasting, 6 hour eating window.
You can also do a shorter fast if you need to.

Any great ideas to shed more fat?

I have been doing 10 min sauna 20 min treadmill 3x in one gym visit in addition to 100 crunches. I'm almost scared to check the scale. If I haven't lost anything I will be pissed. I've only been in the gym three times per week for the first two weeks

I'm doing boiled eggs in the morning drinking as much water as possible
Hate to break it to you - but the sauna sessions are just gonna help you sweat out water weight. They're only burning marginally more calories than sitting in a normal temperature room. Focus your efforts on cardio and most of all you diet.

Wasn't it in the Olympics this passed year?...I've seen dudes competing on ESPN...it's actually very legit and those dudes are not only fit, but extremely strong.

There are females in my class pushing 30 non stop Kipping pull ups, that's impressive no matter which way you put it for a girl.

If weight lifting is a sportI don't see why crossfit can't be classified as a sport....maybe it wasn't the Olympics, but I do remember watching a crossfit competition on ESPN
Crossfit Games is on ESPN. They get the best crossfitters from around the world together and run through some of the standard workouts for time. It's pretty impressive compared to a lot of the xfit fail vids you see floating around the internet. I guess it is a sport, but you need to realize that the elite crosfitters don't train solely with WODs. They do a fair amount of Olympic work and/or have a gymnastics background. I guess it's similar to how football players spend a lot of time in the weightroom and getting in shape before working football specific skills - if that makes any sense.

I think crossfit builds strength more than lifting...you'll most likely see more gains with lifting I'm sure...if that makes sense :lol:
Not at all. Crossfit's focus is on muscular endurance and conditioning. Very rarely are you loading up low rep sets up towards a max. If you look at strength programs or olympic lifting programs, they share very little with Xfit workouts. Elite crossfitters are very good at doing a prescribed amount of reps in a fast time, but at a relatively manageable weight. Olympic lifters only do single reps in competition. Same with powerlifters. I'd consider both of those groups a lot stronger.
Don't become part of the mindless xfit cult brah.

Could you explain 5/3/1 a bit more. I've skimmed some articles but never really paid attention to what they said..I'm trying to gain strength so im curious
Ya I'll post some more on it when I get back from work, but basically you run through a 3/4 week cycle. 4 day split - the big 4 compounds. First week you do 3 work sets: 5 reps, 5 reps, 5+ reps. Second week 3 reps, 3 reps, 3+ reps. Third week 5 reps, 3 reps, 1+ reps. For each cycle you're basing all your lifts as percentages of one training max weight. After the cycle you bump u[p the training max. I'll explain more of the nuances and benefits later.

I've never researched it so don't quote me but by the sounds of it.

You do 3 sets.

First is the heaviest weight you can only do 5 of. Second the heaviest weight you can only do 3 of. And the last one is the heaviest you can do a 1 rep maximum on.

iLLest!
Nope see above

How he gon use rings he not in crossfit gym. Use the pull-up bar. The rings are easier though. Wayyyyyy easier.
You can buy your own rings and bring em to the gym if you wanna be that guy. Are rings easier? MY guess is not. A stationary pullup bar allows you to put torque on a stationary object.

Has anyone messed with Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex?

Nope waste of money

Felt like dying this morning doing bi's/tris in my DTP workout. I was STRUGGLING to finish my last reps. The weight was low on BB curls, but I had 40 reps to finish at 30 lbs. It was an absolute killer, but I'm still feeling it. :pimp: I love being sore. :pimp:

i'm still sore from my monday workout but that has more to do with it being my first time in the gym in months. with this dtp thing, you starting at a weight that's easy for you (something you'd normally warm up with let's say), or what you would normally do if you were going the traditional 12, 10, 8, 6?

Just want some simple advice. I'm 5'7, 155 lbs, with 18% body fat. I did some body mass standing on it thing at the gym and basically my muscle is reasonably decent but my fat (especially around my midsection) is not good. I'm a pear shape..sucks. Also,I have had lower back problems since I was 16 (27 now) but the past two years have been the most pain free since then. For me, I think doing squats helps a lot lot lot with my lower back pain. I only get lower back pain if I play basketball (more than 1x a week) or do shoulder press/bent over row type exercises (not flexible).

So, from now until the end of my working contract (February 28th) I'd like to do an easy routine to get myself into a less fatty, stronger, leaner shape. I am taking the internal steps and have already cut out soda, and terrible foods (ice cream, candy, chips for the most part). I want to get in shape but I have no athletic aspirations...i just want to do something that is simple and I can stick with everyday. I'd like to get down to about 13% by end of February.

I have started doing this routine since the beginning of January and am aiming to improve my consistency (had a few off days/bad eating days etc)

Monday and Tuesday:
-Warmup - Kettlebell swings (2 minutes)
-Squats (5-10 lbs on each side using the bar in squat rack), 8 reps, 4 sets
-Dumbbell bench press (25 lbs), 10 reps, 4 sets
-Pull-ups (max, 3 sets)
-Cool down - Kettlebell swings (2 minutes)
-Jog on treadmill between 10-30 minutes (will do longer/faster as endurance improves)

Wednesday: Rest

So basically 2 days on, 1 day off routine. I want something that I can do everyday...just want to hear if this with a better diet is enough? My diet consists basically of, with one cheat day (pizza to watch NBA/NFL with):
7:30 am: 2 slices of toast
8:00 am: One apple
2:30 pm: One apple
3-4 pm: Gym
4:30 pm: 1 Chicken breast, with brown rice, cheese, guacamole, salsa
6:00 pm: Vegetable soup
8:00 pm: A bowl of milk with honey nut cheerios
*If I'm hungry I usually drink V8 fusion and/or water

Advice, or funny flames appreciated.

Sup my pants too big

Trying not to buy any clothes till I'm done but I might have to buy some cheap stuff so I don't look crazy

Going to have another run with MusclePharm Assault - Which flavour you guys recommend? Iv had the Fruit Punch flavour already

How many days off do y'all take? I've gone Sunday-Wednesday and was just gonna do cardio and take fri,sat & sun off to rest and get back on a regular schedule. I'm not really sore at all and would like to go in today and tomorrow and get some light reps in...thoughts?

so how many you sayin ima do? lol.

iLLest!

No hate I just don't see u doing it. It's tough
we taking bets?....ill go with maybe 1 :lol:

Ya they're a great snack with a lil salt and add a lot of texture to a salad, but you can't go around eating a bunch of them and no other veggies and thinking you're set in that capacity
You can also do a shorter fast if you need to.
Hate to break it to you - but the sauna sessions are just gonna help you sweat out water weight. They're only burning marginally more calories than sitting in a normal temperature room. Focus your efforts on cardio and most of all you diet.

Crossfit Games is on ESPN. They get the best crossfitters from around the world together and run through some of the standard workouts for time. It's pretty impressive compared to a lot of the xfit fail vids you see floating around the internet. I guess it is a sport, but you need to realize that the elite crosfitters don't train solely with WODs. They do a fair amount of Olympic work and/or have a gymnastics background. I guess it's similar to how football players spend a lot of time in the weightroom and getting in shape before working football specific skills - if that makes any sense.
Not at all. Crossfit's focus is on muscular endurance and conditioning. Very rarely are you loading up low rep sets up towards a max. If you look at strength programs or olympic lifting programs, they share very little with Xfit workouts. Elite crossfitters are very good at doing a prescribed amount of reps in a fast time, but at a relatively manageable weight. Olympic lifters only do single reps in competition. Same with powerlifters. I'd consider both of those groups a lot stronger.
Don't become part of the mindless xfit cult brah.
Ya I'll post some more on it when I get back from work, but basically you run through a 3/4 week cycle. 4 day split - the big 4 compounds. First week you do 3 work sets: 5 reps, 5 reps, 5+ reps. Second week 3 reps, 3 reps, 3+ reps. Third week 5 reps, 3 reps, 1+ reps. For each cycle you're basing all your lifts as percentages of one training max weight. After the cycle you bump u[p the training max. I'll explain more of the nuances and benefits later.
Nope see above
You can buy your own rings and bring em to the gym if you wanna be that guy. Are rings easier? MY guess is not. A stationary pullup bar allows you to put torque on a stationary object.
Nope waste of money

How he bring rings? Where would u put dem?

Last edited:
Off today and tomorrow, have 2 black tie events to attend, so this is perfect time to let my body heal up. plus everything I wear is tailored and fitted, so the females gon be mirin'

Off today and tomorrow, have 2 black tie events to attend, so this is perfect time to let my body heal up. plus everything I wear is tailored and fitted, so the females gon be mirin'

I see you pleighboi...

Back
Top Bottom