STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

having a sinus infection sucks, havent been able to lift properly in the last 3 weeks. skipping days like crazy because of horrible pressure and dizziness :smh:

Anybody use MyFitnessPal?

Trying to add more people on.

Nike+ Running also.

Got a couple NTers on my dash now.

Great competition and motivator.

having a sinus infection sucks, havent been able to lift properly in the last 3 weeks. skipping days like crazy because of horrible pressure and dizziness :smh:

Excuses.

:lol:

go through what im going through and you wouldnt say that, im lightheaded and dizzy as hell when i stand up. its been hell but finally got to see a doctor again since 2 weeks ago they didnt want to give me antibiotics :x :smh: SMH, doctors are such trash

Might not be a sport according to you but then how is bowling or golf a sport? Crossfit is no joke. Im probably gonna offend a lot of people now (not trying to), but I think that the majority of the people in this thread cant do what they do at crossfit. Im even having a tough time every time I go and ive been doing it for a month. Sure you can go to the gym and lift weights but it's not the same. I thought I was ready for it cause I also went to the gym and lifted weights like everyone else in this thread. I've lost about 20 pounds since I started my foundation classes and not regular classes. Trust me it is totally different.

Same animal, different beast. The sport of fitness. All im saying is try crossfit for yourself and then talk about it. Can it is easy to pass judgment and say it is a joke or not that tough..

I think crossfit builds strength more than lifting...you'll most likely see more gains with lifting I'm sure...if that makes sense :lol:

Out of curiosity, is anyone else here following 5/3/1? I feel like I'm mostly seeing bodybuilding splits here, so I'm curious.

Could you explain 5/3/1 a bit more. I've skimmed some articles but never really paid attention to what they said..I'm trying to gain strength so im curious

Could you explain 5/3/1 a bit more. I've skimmed some articles but never really paid attention to what they said..I'm trying to gain strength so im curious

I've never researched it so don't quote me but by the sounds of it.

You do 3 sets.

First is the heaviest weight you can only do 5 of. Second the heaviest weight you can only do 3 of. And the last one is the heaviest you can do a 1 rep maximum on.

iLLest!

Yea thats what I thought too..there might be more to it though :nerd:

Anybody use MyFitnessPal?

Trying to add more people on.

Nike+ Running also.

Got a couple NTers on my dash now.

Great competition and motivator.

Le14 on myfitnesspal
Jimmy Le or le14 on nike+ running

also to Illest, the Spartacus workout you do is just on the men's health app?

MY DUDE DAULY WITH A PICTURE?! 0__0 good **** bruh!

the reason crossfit dudes crack me up is because there's a dude in my gym who tells me what they do like "first we do this, then 100 reps of this, then run to china, then swim past the Atlantic" yada yada yada. Problem is, this dude looks mad out of shape. And because he does this high intensity **** it gets him to think he looks reaaaaal good but he's not a sight to mire over at all. Not even hating. His arrogance is the problem. It's like, what are you gonna do at a beach party? Look hella out of shape but say "sup babe, I can do 100 reps of kettle ball blah blahs?" Naw man.

With that being said. I'm thinking of signing up for 1 day a week crossfit sessions. :tongue:

And ya sole. The men's health one. Like 1 day a week.

iLLest!

Which brings me back to what I was saying earlier, weight lifting sculpts your body...crossfit builds your strength....my whole class is consider people who are in shape, but only a few are crazy ripped....but these people are all strong as ****

Srs question iLLest, can you do 10 muscle ups?

I really feel like if you lock crossfit down it can really set a great foundation, use that to properly lift and that will sculpt your body.

The **** I've witnessed some of these girls do and the type of weight they push and amount of pull-ups they can do, is something I've never seen girls do...is really crazy.

The **** I've witnessed some of these girls do and the type of weight they push and amount of pull-ups they can do, is something I've never seen girls do...is really crazy.

Do they get bulky from it or just toned?

Sup fellas, can someone clear this up for me? I'm cutting btw...

To my understanding, to lose weight i need a calorie deficit of 500 calories less of what it takes to maintain my weight.
As well as a good balance of my macros compared to my weight: protein, fat, carbs.

-an example of good fat = olive oil

does this mean i can fry my clean protein/veggies in olive oil, as long as it is counted in my allotted amount of calories and it fits within my macros????

(i also read that if i fry with olive oil, i have to use it under the smoking temperature to prevent it from releasing toxins)

has anyone else fried food with olive oil and still managed to cut?

Steezy, If I were to say I've never attempted to do muscle ups but I'm more than willing to bet I could do 10. Does that count? lol.

iLLest!

Not really :lol:

Bruh you are in shape, you really are, but don't crap on crossfit, I'm sure you give it a try and it will challenge your body in ways it hasn't been challenged, plus is tons of fun and I don't know if its like this everywhere but my gym has a real sense of family, which is neat.

i've been seriously slacking in the gym lately

been working a lot (out of the house 12 hours out of the day) and when i get home i study for my CPA exam. by the time i get to the gym i have no energy.

feelsbatman |I

i've been seriously slacking in the gym lately

been working a lot (out of the house 12 hours out of the day) and when i get home i study for my CPA exam. by the time i get to the gym i have no energy.

feelsbatman |I

This is why in ur case u sleep earlier and wake up earlier and hit the gym before work.

If I know I have a long day ahead I sleep early and wake up early to get my workout in. Try it.

That stretch and contract concept killed my body. Bis, lats, triceps, chest, legs, and upper back are all sore...

As for weight, I just went 20-30 pounds lower on my lifts, so I wasn't doing light weight, but I could focus on the concept.

Back
Top Bottom