STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Man I remember this fitness instructor chick telling me you shouldn't stretch after lifting because lifting tightens the muscles and stretching makes them loose so it defeats the purpose

:stoneface:

Fitness industry has misinformation all through it.

Man I remember this fitness instructor chick telling me you shouldn't stretch after lifting because lifting tightens the muscles and stretching makes them loose so it defeats the purpose

indifferent.gif
I've read that deep stretching before doing heavy lifts can reduce the amount of weight your muscles can handle, but not stretching AFTER.... ya that doesn't sound right. 

I like the stretch my shoulders out in between my workouts a lot. My shoulders just get really tight

Last edited:
Testing week continues, and hit 290lb for a clean and jerk PR. Deadlift next on Friday.

Nice! Keep it up.

One of my Oly Brothers PR 297 lbs yesterday. He missed it at 290. Went up 295 and missed.

Then said F it, and made 297lbs :lol:

Hit 20 mins of stretching after shoulders yesterday. My girl had to show me yoga moves. :lol: I feel so much better already especially in my legs.

Managed but bulk up to 190 on a 4 day vacation for the hell of it. :lol: won't be maintaining this weight :x

You know what I like about crossfit gyms? You can forget something and leave it for days and no one will touch it. It'll stay exactly where it is.

But God forbid you leave your charger at a commercial gym. Someone's swiping that the moment you forget about it for ten minutes.

You know what I like about crossfit gyms? You can forget something and leave it for days and no one will touch it. It'll stay exactly where it is.

But God forbid you leave your charger at a commercial gym. Someone's swiping that the moment you forget about it for ten minutes.

:rofl:

Bruh! I left my chapstick there on a Friday and I was too lazy to go back and get it. Opened a new one when I got home and it was out of sight, out of mind. On Wednesday, I was putting my stuff away, and there was my chapstick in the same place I left it the following week. And yup...I took it home.

Hit 20 mins of stretching after shoulders yesterday. My girl had to show me yoga moves. :lol: I feel so much better already especially in my legs.

Managed but bulk up to 190 on a 4 day vacation for the hell of it. :lol: won't be maintaining this weight :x

I dirty bulked when I first started lifting and always regretted it. Ended up past 190. Such a pain not only to maintain, but especially trimming back off. Be careful :lol:

@BIGBOSS or someone school me....

When should I be using a belt on DLs? I did 455 last night w/ no belt and felt fine. I had more in the tank, but had to move on to the next portion of my workout. When I was doing DLs, 2 people asked me about wearing one.

@BIGBOSS or someone school me....

When should I be using a belt on DLs? I did 455 last night w/ no belt and felt fine. I had more in the tank, but had to move on to the next portion of my workout. When I was doing DLs, 2 people asked me about wearing one.
Humble brag 
mean.gif
 just playin.  

I'm not an expert, but I do know that a thrown out back sucks  and all it takes is one small move while lifting heavy. Better safe than sorry. 

I dirty bulked when I first started lifting and always regretted it. Ended up past 190. Such a pain not only to maintain, but especially trimming back off. Be careful :lol:

Yeah I'm not making that a habit. :lol: 3 meals a day plus good snacks until I'm back to 180. Shouldn't be long.

[@=/u/72274/BIGBOSS]@BIGBOSS[/@] or someone school me....

Humble brag :smh:  just playin.  
I'm not an expert, but I do know that a thrown out back sucks  and all it takes is one small move while lifting heavy. Better safe than sorry. 

I hear you on that...maybe I'll start wearing one when I go heavy just as a preventative.

At any gym I've been at the guys that wore belts were laughed at. If youre scared go to church if you want to rip weight off the ground the last thing you're thinking about is a belt. Forget a belt forget straps and just use your body.

At any gym I've been at the guys that wore belts were laughed at. If youre scared go to church if you want to rip weight off the ground the last thing you're thinking about is a belt. Forget a belt forget straps and just use your body.

Speaking of straps, i saw a guy the other day using them doing bicep curls :lol:

It wasn't until just shy of six bills I considered straps because I couldn't hold the weight. If your core isn't strong enough you cant lift it. Gym only ego lifts is sucker ****.

Back
Top Bottom