STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

How can i do farmers walk? Dumbbell is the only thing that comes to mind. Is there any other method? Heaviest db my gym has is 70
Farmer Walk w/ Dumbbell

The Farmers Walk I do:

I do clean pull and snatch pull:

And add some High Pulls while you at it:

Last edited:
Ahh gotcha. I think my only problem would be with the clean pull and snatch pull, where they kinda drop the weight i cant do that at the gym i go to. I mean it doesnt have any of those mats or platforms like that or even the same type of plates. Can definitely get jiggy with the high pull, looks like a combination of deadlift and upright row. Ima try and incorporate that.

Thanks man!

Yeah I use those 40 pound handles too.

You could learn to do them with barbells but your gym will probably look at you crazy if it's a club type setting.

Man I had snatch pulls to do today

3 x 3 at 90 percent

3 x 3 at 100 percent

5x 2 at 110 percent today

Didn't do none of em. It was programmed for the end of the workout and by the time I got to them, I was wiped out lmao

Last edited:
Yeah I use those 40 pound handles too.

You could learn to do them with barbells but your gym will probably look at you crazy if it's a club type setting.

I go to the community center. The weight room is kind of small. Equipment is decent but nothing special. Theres only 1 bench press to give u an idea how small it is.

I go to the community center. The weight room is kind of small. Equipment is decent but nothing special. Theres only 1 bench press to give u an idea how small it is.

Better get a towel or a mat...

BAM! Another, flat bench

I was watching the CF games yesterday and didn't realize how much gymnastics was involved in it, those ring push ups were 
sick.gif

Those fake pull ups are still  joke though 
laugh.gif

Cut going well i suppose. Leg day today. Gonna try to get to 315 for 3 sets of 3-5 today belted.
Deadlift day on friday went better then expected. With straps pulled 405 for 2 sets of 5. Then for kicks did 455 for one set got 2 reps in.
Really want to try the new quest flavor. Finishing up the last of my Combat Bars. They are tasty but i actually like the taste of quest better. And quest is lower in carbs by a good amount which is helpful on this cut.

Time to lurk for a deal on quest

Cut going well i suppose. Leg day today. Gonna try to get to 315 for 3 sets of 3-5 today belted.
Deadlift day on friday went better then expected. With straps pulled 405 for 2 sets of 5. Then for kicks did 455 for one set got 2 reps in.
Really want to try the new quest flavor. Finishing up the last of my Combat Bars. They are tasty but i actually like the taste of quest better. And quest is lower in carbs by a good amount which is helpful on this cut.

You close to that 5 plate life, do you use straps for every set say 405 and up?

I feel like I could definitely pull more weight but my grip isn't strong enough.

Two guys from my gym competed in the crossfit games. Masters division. I see them dudes working out every now and then at the same time I work out.

For one of them dudes especially, every time I see him clean or snatch I cringe. His form is just bad. Talk about how surprised I was when I'm clicking on social media and I'm seeing him compete at the games.

I knew he was super fit for an old guy but I didn't know he was games caliber :wow: :lol:

You close to that 5 plate life, do you use straps for every set say 405 and up?

I feel like I could definitely pull more weight but my grip isn't strong enough.

Thats actually exactly what i do :lol: 365 no straps then 405 with. I broke the top knuckle on my right hand 3 months ago. I still have a fat lump there and its still sore to the touch, i should have gone to the doctors to get it re-set or something but never did. So i started using straps back then and have just been rocking with them ever since.

Its been discussed a ton in here but if you aren't a competitive lifter i don't see why people let grip strength limit your lifts. The goal is to tax your body

My Powerbeats 2 Wireless finally crapped out on me (Battery dies quickly) Just purchased the Jaybird X2 :nerd:

Drop a review of the Jaybirds when you get them. I'm deciding if the X3 is worth it, or get something cheaper.

The set up for the wires is a huge hassle imo. Managed to get it to fit to my comfort after messing around with it. Tested the earphones itself with a variety of genres just to see how it sounded. Theyre pretty GOAT tbh. The foam tips >

Literally molds to the shape of your ear and doesnt move at all. I wanna see how they hold up during runs. Thing I hated most with my powerbeats 2 wireless is having to readjust them cuz I could feel it starting to slip out

I was watching the CF games yesterday and didn't realize how much gymnastics was involved in it, those ring push ups were :x

Those fake pull ups are still  joke though :lol:

Never done those ring handsta push-ups in my life. In fact it was introduce one other time in the Games back in 2010.

Very rarely you see that.

Those pull ups ain't easy. Biceps, forearms, and shoulder/upper back starts flaming after doing 20-30 butterfly pullups.

Last edited:

My Powerbeats 2 Wireless finally crapped out on me (Battery dies quickly) Just purchased the Jaybird X2 
nerd.gif
Drop a review of the Jaybirds when you get them. I'm deciding if the X3 is worth it, or get something cheaper.
The set up for the wires is a huge hassle imo. Managed to get it to fit to my comfort after messing around with it. Tested the earphones itself with a variety of genres just to see how it sounded. Theyre pretty GOAT tbh. The foam tips >

Literally molds to the shape of your ear and doesnt move at all. I wanna see how they hold up during runs. Thing I hated most with my powerbeats 2 wireless is having to readjust them cuz I could feel it starting to slip out
For me personally I've gone thru two sets of the foam tips. They disintegrated on me. I use the silicone ones now and I feel that the sound is better with those

We used to do farmer carry when i played baseball. We had these 5 gallon buckets (might have been 10 cant remember) and wed fill em with rocks. Wed carry em from foul pole to foul pole. Theyd get left outside so when it rained it was extra heavy.

Man baseball has some gruesome workouts :smh:. Running pole sprints at the end of practice used to have me :x. And then we had those ground ball drills where you're basically doing horse squats for what seemed like eternity. I used to let the ball roll past me just to catch a break :lol:

Last edited:
for any one interested

I had been kind of confused about the whole Net Carbs or Impact Carbs or Effective Carbs. Bodybuilding.com had a good write up on it. I ran across Grenade Carb Killer Protein bar with just 1g of IMACT Carbs!! i was like uh...what? Like i thought it was just like total carbs minus fiber. But it was nice to read about blood sugar levels the types of carbs. Kind of helps...still slightly confused but def more clear after reading both articles

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/betteru35.htm

from grenades site

http://www.grenade.com/blog/impact-carbs-vs-non-impact-carbs/

Man baseball has some gruesome workouts :smh:. Running pole sprints at the end of practice used to have me :x. And then we had those ground ball drills where you're basically doing horse squats for what seemed like eternity. I used to let the ball roll past me just to catch a break :lol:

Hell ya. I used to pitch so we ran like a mfer. I use to love PFPs tho lol

Back
Top Bottom