STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Dang I'm getting my wisdom teeth out soon and completely forgot I'm gonna have to take a short break from lifting. I've been on my ish too :smh:

Some guy let me borrow his Inzer belt the other day and it felt AMAZING. The thing is it was the tapered bodybuilding belt. Is there a huge difference between the tapered belt and the typical Inzer powerlifting belts?

Last edited:
Anybody ever have their wisdom teeth out? If so, how long did it take for you guys to get back in the gym? I was eating solid foods day of the surgery, very limited pain, no swelling since (surgery was Friday). I was advised no heavy lifting for a week, but I’ve seen some get back into as soon as a day after with no problems.

Had all four of mine out three weeks ago. Surgery was on a Friday, and I was back in the gym on That Sunday:

what is dry sockets?

i got one of my out like a year or two ago. actually left work to get it done, then went back to work. had no pain and no selling. I'm basically Logan though...so I was pretty healed. Went to lift like a day or two later. I remember going to hoop after donating blood once. like ballin on a cloud my dudes lol

Last edited:
Usually shortly after a tooth extraction a blood clot forms over the extraction point to prevent exposed bone, etc. Exercising too soon can make it more likely for the blood clot to disappear and expose the bone and nerve endings, etc.

The pain can be very bad and radiate to your head, ears

Dry socket doesn't always happen when you return to exercising early, but I'd rather not risk it :lol:

Exactly. Too bad it's the night and I won't weight this much after I drop a deuce.

:lol: speaking of working after surgery. I went to work after a hernia surgery like 6 hours prior and almost fell asleep standing I was so doped up. Still killed it though. Food was on point somehow.

You guys got me paranoid with all this dry socket talk. Got all four of mine out yesterday and they were impacted :x. Oral surgeon suggested no heavy lifting for a week or so. I wanted to go for a squat PR this week too :smh:

:lol: speaking of working after surgery. I went to work after a hernia surgery like 6 hours prior and almost fell asleep standing I was so doped up. Still killed it though. Food was on point somehow.

Take a hit of LSD and let your imagination run wild in the kitchen

You guys got me paranoid with all this dry socket talk. Got all four of mine out yesterday and they were impacted :x. Oral surgeon suggested no heavy lifting for a week or so. I wanted to go for a squat PR this week too :smh:

Take that week off pleighboi. Not worth the risk.

lol definitely not gonna risk it.

Yeah the bottom ones were pretty bad so my normal dentist referred me to a an oral surgeon. The roots of the wisdom teeth were really close to a nerve so the surgeon said there's an 8-10% chance he nicks it and I lose feeling in my lips :lol:

He prescribed oxy but the pain isn't too bad so I'm sticking to Advil.

You guys got me paranoid with all this dry socket talk. Got all four of mine out yesterday and they were impacted
sick.gif
. Oral surgeon suggested no heavy lifting for a week or so. I wanted to go for a squat PR this week too
mean.gif
Take the week off as I'm doing. There's times when I think I'm good, but then I'll lean my body over to grab something and I can feel a slight rush of pressure to those areas and I'm reminded why I'm sitting it out. Thursday will be 6 days, so that's when I plan to go back as Friday is a no go.

lol definitely not gonna risk it.

Yeah the bottom ones were pretty bad so my normal dentist referred me to a an oral surgeon. The roots of the wisdom teeth were really close to a nerve so the surgeon said there's an 8-10% chance he nicks it and I lose feeling in my lips :lol:

He prescribed oxy but the pain isn't too bad so I'm sticking to Advil.

I can see you're not a fan of floss

I had 3 wisdom teeth taken out. The 4th is heavily impacted as well. Close to the nerve ending as well. They told me that since the 4th tooth doesn't seem to be causing me any problems that it's probably best to leave it alone.

Back
Top Bottom