STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

im a little sick endded up taking a benedryl, started driving had to turn around. i'll conquer the gym tomorrow :rolleyes

round 2 of candito.

I got 265 x 8 x4 squats tonight. Gonna be tough. But i am so close to my goal of a 405 1rm squat. Then 325 x8 x2 deads. I set my deadlift max in the calculator to be the same as last time through since really all i want is the squat numbers and this routine kills my body :lol:

End of march 405 squat and 495 dead. 180lb body weight...even though i weighed in at 176 this morning. I will get it

Life Time Fitness extended their Friends & Family discounts through 2/29. I have 2 more codes. Message me if interested. Sign-up done online.

Last edited:
round 2 of candito.

I got 265 x 8 x4 squats tonight. Gonna be tough. But i am so close to my goal of a 405 1rm squat. Then 325 x8 x2 deads. I set my deadlift max in the calculator to be the same as last time through since really all i want is the squat numbers and this routine kills my body :lol:

End of march 405 squat and 495 dead. 180lb body weight...even though i weighed in at 176 this morning. I will get it
what are your 1rm numbers now?

round 2 of candito.

what are your 1rm numbers now?

Squat 375, DL 475

bench 225 :lol:

Last edited:
Squat 375, DL 475

bench 225
laugh.gif
It feels like he neglects bench in this program.  I do the required sets then throw in some other accessories.

I had to rush week 5 of Candito. Did all 3 days b2b2b.

According to the amount of reps I did, my max for DL and SQ didnt go up 
frown.gif

Haha i know i know i know.

I am soccer play by trade. I am 6 foot about 180 in the off season and 170 mid season. My arms are long...i suck at benching. My right shoulder is trash...pops in and out. And i honestly don't care about bench :lol: it is what it is

*patiently waits for Durden to give me the "that sounds do able"

but justinvincent justinvincent if i don't get at lest 3 reps on my week 5 number this week my squat max will go up 1lb. Thats if i hit two reps. Like i need to hit 3-4 reps to get my calculated max around 390-398. If i do that...week 6 im going for 405. But man it can get disheartening. Like if you don't complete a work out what do you do? I had to repeat week 3 before because i threw my back out during the max rep 10s and 10 reps at 3 thing. So i just kept it moving and when the week ended i started it over. I dread week 3 a lot :lol:

Haha i know i know i know.

I am soccer play by trade. I am 6 foot about 180 in the off season and 170 mid season. My arms are long...i suck at benching. My right shoulder is trash...pops in and out. And i honestly don't care about bench
laugh.gif
it is what it is

*patiently waits for Durden to give me the "that sounds do able"
mean.gif

Your leverages are bad because you're skinny, not because you have long arms 
laugh.gif

shoulder issues on the other hand, i'll buy it 
frown.gif

Last edited:
@Jking0821  you'll hit 405 bruh. i believe!  

I dont dread the 10x3 or 8x3 as much as I do the MR(10) that comes before it.

I can grind out rep 3 but if you ask me to grind out rep 7 or 8....shoot me now lol.

It feels like he neglects bench in this program.  I do the required sets then throw in some other accessories.

I had to rush week 5 of Candito. Did all 3 days b2b2b.

According to the amount of reps I did, my max for DL and SQ didnt go up 
frown.gif

From what videos I've seen and what he says about accessories, I know he neglects it. Can you link me to the program?

You can kind of look at him and tell that bench isn't his top priority probably.

In my opinion, for natural lifters, you need to do a lot of volume on bench to make good progress. I would do a lot of dumbbell and tricep work and that will help put a good bit of mass on your upper body.

Bench is probably the lift most directly correlated to ones size and weight.

Idk

When I was 120 pounds, my best bench was 180

I'm 160 now, and my best bench is still 180

I don't bench though lol

Not anymore anyway

Last edited:
I remember one month i tried to hit 225. I recorded it. Failed couldn't get it back up.a man was in the background and he watched and laughed. A month later I was able to hit it for 3-5 reps. Motivation

I remember one month i tried to hit 225. I recorded it. Failed couldn't get it back up.a man was in the background and he watched and laughed. A month later I was able to hit it for 3-5 reps. Motivation
that's impressive to pretty much 2x bodyweight bench press.

225 x 5 should yield much more than a 240 1rm though.

In my opinion, for natural lifters, you need to do a lot of volume on bench to make good progress. I would do a lot of dumbbell and tricep work and that will help put a good bit of mass on your upper body.

Bench is probably the lift most directly correlated to ones size and weight.

All of this is spot on imo for anyone asking about getting their bench up or putting mass on their chest and upper body.

I for one don't care if my bench ever gets past 225. All I want is 225x5 and I'll be happy. Same way I never isolate my biceps. I just don't care really. I want my squat and dl and back to be beastly. I will get my bench to 225 though.

All of this is spot on imo for anyone asking about getting their bench up or putting mass on their chest and upper body.

In my experience, my best gains have always come from this basic principal. Most important thing I have found, though, is training through a full range of motion with slow (3-4 sec negative) rep speeds. High volume won't do anything if you're just seizing on the bench to get weight up or only doing half reps

Idk

When I was 120 pounds, my best bench was 180

I'm 160 now, and my best bench is still 180

I don't bench though lol

Not anymore anyway
Just go sit down Amel. lol.

Did anything change when you gained 40 pounds? I keep forgetting crossfit is different lol

I'm back in it. Literally just took a day of leave from work yesterday I was so sore from my first two days back doing chest and then back. I took a epsom salt bath, :pimp:, and slept A LOT yesterday. Still pretty sore but ready to get it today. Just went through a break up so I'm lifting super hard and eating great.

I'm doing Jim Stoppani's 12-Week Shortcut to Size if anyone is familiar with that program.

The only difference was that I used to bench all the time. I was probably benching more than I squatted.

Now I'm not benching at all. Lol.

I'm sure I can get that bench up if I wanted to.

Back
Top Bottom