STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Legs day...the hunt for squating 5x5 at 315 continues
last week was 5-5-4-4-4. But that was one rep better then the week prior.

This may be my last real shot at it. I am upping cardio for soccer season and in 2 weeks i went from 188 to 183. If this continues il be around 178 (my happy playing weight) sooner rather then later and its gonna be harder for me to get to those squat numbers

Having some weird shin/knee pain... its not shin splints, feel different. Hurts on the bone. Happened after hooping 3 weeks ago. If I walk on hard surfaces I sometimes get pain that shoots up my leg. I can still Squat and DL heavy... just hurts when I make lateral movements. 

Back to the previous conversation... My whole diet consists of eggs, Coconuts (oil/milk), spinach, chicken, bananas, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries,  broccoli, kale, fish, oats, protein powder, and of course seasonings and spices.

If I'm in a crunch and need some carbs I will eat an energy bar...  i.e. Quest, Clif, Bearded Bros.

Anyone in here have one of Mark Bell's sling shots or hip circles?
Ive had 2, a new red one that I could probably get 100lbs out of and a used yellow one that I could have got 40-50lbs out of. Ive heard if you have strong triceps you get more carryover. Its just a tool to overload with.

Ive had 2, a new red one that I could probably get 100lbs out of and a used yellow one that I could have got 40-50lbs out of. Ive heard if you have strong triceps you get more carryover. Its just a tool to overload with.

Good feedback.

I'm really more interested in a hip circle at the moment, but I'll probably order both. My hips take a beating from how long I have to sit every day. I should address it before it becomes a legit problem.

^^ Brah I've been training Muay Thai for the last few years and when I was in college I was able to head kick no problem. Ever since I started my desk job my hip flexibility has gone to ****. Can barely kick at the waist now without strain on the hips. I've been meaning to start doing yoga or something hoping that it will help but just don't have the time. 

Good feedback.

I'm really more interested in a hip circle at the moment, but I'll probably order both. My hips take a beating from how long I have to sit every day. I should address it before it becomes a legit problem.
I sit a lot but my lower back is the tightest. It doesn't help having a powerbelly 
laugh.gif

I noticed some hip pain when I used to do paused squats and sit lower in the hole. I haven't done them in a while though. 

I sit a lot but my lower back is the tightest. It doesn't help having a powerbelly :lol:  

I noticed some hip pain when I used to do paused squats and sit lower in the hole. I haven't done them in a while though. 

Having to sit all day is a *****. All the professors at a&m have sitting and standing desks. I plan on having the same when I actually have a job lol

I started an office job in November and I've notice a loss of flexibility already. I've been stretching and using resistance bands, hopefully that helps. :smh:

Having to sit all day is a *****. All the professors at a&m have sitting and standing desks. I plan on having the same when I actually have a job lol
I can walk the lot whenever I want but its only so big. My customers aren't about that standing life 
laugh.gif

I sit a lot at my job. I'm probably on my feet 5 percent of the time on my work day.

Lots of room to walk around I guess. I work out of an office, sometimes I'll pace back and forth if I'm extra bored.

Does anyone have a heavy bag? Considering getting one but I have no experience with boxing.

Any recommendations on a bag, stand, and videos or something to train yourself? Thanks.

Does anyone have a heavy bag? Considering getting one but I have no experience with boxing.

Any recommendations on a bag, stand, and videos or something to train yourself? Thanks.
It's up to preference really, but you will need to get a bag you can hang.  Standing bags are garbage.  In the past I had a powerhide Thai bag from Combat Sports International and it was good.  A good alternative comes from Title boxing and ends up on sale regularly for $100 before shipping.

As for learning, my recommendation is find a boxing gym in your area and go in and use their bags until you have the basics down.

Pad rounds are far superior to bag rounds, but that goes hand and hand with a skilled pad man.

Funny thing is the most muscular I've ever been was in my muay Thai days in Bangkok without any weight lifting at all.  Just pull ups, push ups, and abs after two sessions a day 6 days a week.

It's up to preference really, but you will need to get a bag you can hang.  Standing bags are garbage.  In the past I had a powerhide Thai bag from Combat Sports International and it was good.  A good alternative comes from Title boxing and ends up on sale regularly for $100 before shipping.

As for learning, my recommendation is find a boxing gym in your area and go in and use their bags until you have the basics down.

Pad rounds are far superior to bag rounds, but that goes hand and hand with a skilled pad man.

Funny thing is the most muscular I've ever been was in my muay Thai days in Bangkok without any weight lifting at all.  Just pull ups, push ups, and abs after two sessions a day 6 days a week.

Thanks. I got a groupon for a boxing gym, been meaning to check it out soon. I'll probably look for something after that.

Looking to buy the SBD sleeves but apparently they're out of sizes...

Kinda bummed. Gearing up all around. Gonna cop the inzer belt too. And got the Metcons on the way bruh we spendin dead prez round here.

Happy my conditioning is close to where I was in college.

Lady copped me a foamb roller (Some golds gym one) for V-Day :pimp:

She had no idea i been looking for one :lol:

My searches usually ended up with my not getting one since im so used to doing it at the gym already.

:wow: at home >>>

Back
Top Bottom