STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Posted this in the pseudo fitness thread. Not sure why there's two now haha, but I'm guessing this is the proper thread. 

So I would say I am that dreaded skinny fat body type. I'm skinny everywhere, but I have a belly. James Harden swag that needs to be gone. I'm 5' 11'' 155 pounds. 

I want to gain muscle/mass and I'm a beginner so I was going to hop on the Stronglift routine. For the routine you are supposed to eat in excess. Is that what I should do in order to gain mass, or should I eat less because I do want to lose my skinny fatness (typically the core area). I know there's no spot reducing, but I'm not sure how to diet in order to gain muscle, and lose the fat?

Any thing you guys can teach me?

Appreciate it. 

It recommends eating at maintenance, and increasing/decreasing your calories a bit based on goals. You sure you read the guide from the site?

This Jason dude looks big as **** 

Jason Khalipa? Yea he's huge and definitely strong but he's one of my least favorite crossfitters. He just has no regard for form, just gets by on brute strength.

I don't know how he hasn't wrecked his back yet

Last edited:
Dat avy 
pimp.gif

Quite Things That No One Ever Knows is one of the best songs ever.

Last edited:
I went to the gym today. I tried to do a muscle up. Failed. But I don't know the technique. I looked it up and understand the concept, just need to practice.

You'll have to use the kip up to a certain extent or you won't be able to get your hands over the bar if that makes sense.

Did legs early this morning, **** sucked. I haven't done legs in well over a week, and it showed. I had to cut down to 3 sets instead of 4. I was still able to do 10-12 reps, but it was brutal :smh:

Froning is a beast man. wow

Truly. What's crazy is that he placed 37th in one of his events and sat as far back as 14th overall, I believe with a couple days to go. I was hearing talk about how Froning was finally not going to repeat lol

He had to have killed on every single event afterwards to get back that number one spot

Camille LeBlanc won the women's overall which I think is even crazier. Even as crossfitters go, she's tiny. 5'2 130 pounds the most. Some of her competitors are huge but she went toe to toe with them in all the strength portions.

Last edited:
This 4th win is his last time competing as an individual. By next yr he wants to start competing in the team competitions

Back
Top Bottom