STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I personally don't like the idea of food at the gym. A tuna sammich that was prepped 20 feet away from the obese homeboy sweating gallons on the elliptical? Nahhhhhhhh

Nah i plan too, i plan to stretch it out over a year period, so 5 a month then i'll be back in shape for bball tryouts around this time next year
It depends on your goals. Buying some equipment (a barbell set and power rack) to keep at home would help tremendously during the week, when your time is the most scarce.

You can do 10-20 minute sessions during the week, focused on 1 or 2 movements that you want to improve on. There are a few programs that focus on building strength with a small daily time commitment, such as Power to the People by Pavel Tsatsouline. You could also look into Escalating Density Training by Charles Staley and Bryce Lane's 50/20 Program. Those are all effective programs that can be done within 10-20 minutes daily, focusing on 1-2 movements. They can each be adapted to your goals (if hypertrophy, EDT and 50/20, if strength, PTTP).
are there videos for these programs or are they all books?

That's why I take pride in my form. I might not push the most weight around but you better believe my form will be on point.
Indeed.  I feel bad when I see people doing the most ridiculous stuff just to say they pushed weight.  Overhead press with two plates and not even moving the bar more than 4 inches.  Deadlifting in a way that's gonna result in them using a hoveround the rest of their lives.  Contorting their entire bodies just to curl heavy weight.  Stupid *****.
Anybody else hip? I don't do dairy so I have been looking for an all natural protein powder that I can pronounce each ingredient on sight.

Found An All Natural Protein: Sun Warrior Vegan Protein

Bought the Chocolate flavor. Mix with frozen bananas, cinnamon, almond milk, and PB :smoke8

http://www.healthysmoothiehq.com/my-sun-warrior-protein-review
You looking for a completely vegan powder?  Look into Garden of Life's products.  They're one of the few companies I trust with that kind of stuff.  I mix their Organic Green Superfoods powder into all of my shakes.  Toss some chia seed into that shake above for some good omegas.

You looking for a completely vegan powder?  Look into Garden of Life's products.  They're one of the few companies I trust with that kind of stuff.  I mix their Organic Green Superfoods powder into all of my shakes.  Toss some chia seed into that shake above for some good omegas.

I was scared away from them they have been all over the natural news circuits for the amount of metals in their products.

Offering food is a great idea. Simple chicken breast, tuna, salads etc. A lot of people who go to the gym and end up using the juice bars are people who have busy schedules and dont have that much time to get that nutrition. having actual food on deck would be clutch

If you have a fridge display case, this is a no-brainer.

There's a reason, Starbucks starting slanging sammiches. People are always looking for a quick bite. Too lazy to cook/prep and the "don't have time" excuse is $$$$ to food vendors.

Chances are if all you sell are smoothies, it'll be tough to succeed. However, a simple sandwich/salad will make you money. Especially at $4/5 a pop.

I was scared away from them they have been all over the natural news circuits for the amount of metals in their products.
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  Wasn't that focused on only a select few products?  Once you dip into the realm of anything supp wise, you run that risk for many different reasons (water being a biggie).

Short of growing your own food and eating everything straight from your own greenhouse, you can only go so far into hippie life without any negatives.

If you have a fridge display case, this is a no-brainer.

There's a reason, Starbucks starting slanging sammiches. People are always looking for a quick bite. Too lazy to cook/prep and the "don't have time" excuse is $$$$ to food vendors.

Chances are if all you sell are smoothies, it'll be tough to succeed. However, a simple sandwich/salad will make you money. Especially at $4/5 a pop.
You guys def make a good point. May be worth it to invest in an extra display and deal with whatever other certs are involved in that type of food prep if this takes off.

Appreciate the input thus far.

Last edited:
are there videos for these programs or are they all books?

Power to the People is a book written by Pavel Tsatsouline. In short, the program calls for 2 (nonmaximal) sets of 5 for 5 days per week with 2 movements. It is targeted at increasing maximal strength, and specifics can be found in the book.

There is a book about EDT by Charles Staley, but it isn't very good and is unnecessary because of how simple EDT really is. Here are a few links to get you started:
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online...ining_performance/escalating_density_training
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online...rformance/escalating_density_training_phase_2
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/compound_edt
http://www.t-nation.com/training/escalating-density-training-revisited

Here are some online posts about Bryce Lane's 50/20 program, which is basically a variation of EDT:
http://affectinggravity.blogspot.com/2013/09/have-it-all-bryce-lanes-5020.html
http://affectinggravity.blogspot.com/2013/11/have-it-all-and-then-some-perfecting.html

275 PR on bench for 1 rep.. haven't hit it since i got my PR since i switched to dumbbells for a couple weeks :smh:

365 Deadlift for 1 rep

275 Box Squat :lol:

we didn't deadlift a lot in college.. we maxed out on bench, squats and clean (our football program).. so i deadlift here and there..
Still you shouldn't have a 100lb lesser DL because both lifts incorporate the same muscle groups.

If you squat deep (not saying you don't) your DL should automatically go up without even doing them.

Hey ****nut how close are you and Dan on bench? His best comp is around 520 I believe?

Ended up copping some Roshes and Flyknits this week, man I thought I had gotten over the sneaker bug 
mean.gif

Hey ****nut how close are you and Dan on bench? His best comp is around 520 I believe?

Ended up copping some Roshes and Flyknits this week, man I thought I had gotten over the sneaker bug :smh:

It's too easy to get sucked back in.

Didn't buy shoes for a good while.

Then went on a Nike SB binge. Done now, until the next binge of course.

Ended up copping some Roshes and Flyknits this week, man I thought I had gotten over the sneaker bug :smh:

I think im pretty close, ive seen him go to 530 at the gym, My max paused is 475 in the gym. when i get healthy, i dont think 500 will be a problem paused. Touch and go i did 520 about 3 years ago, never really maxed out touch and go after that, just worked with 4-5 rep maxes.

Back
Top Bottom