Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Over the past 2.5-3 months, I have lost ~26 pounds. I am 5'10.5" and my last weigh in is 172 pounds (around my target weight). My problem is, I feel like I am getting to be too light for my height, even though I care more about my appearance than I do my weight. I am not losing any strength, nor am I losing any size. I'd like to keep going until my abs really come in, but It just feels like I am too light. I eat about 1500 cal a day. I was thinking of upping that to around 2500 or so. Is there such thing as being too light for my size? And do any of you have suggestions on how to trim up while staying at my current weight?

Can someone give me a quick rundown of KETO....

I'm hitting Cancun in 3 weeks and my obliques aren't where they need to be...

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

^I feel that's the worst time to smoke. I take my recovery time seriously.

In terms of muscle repair, how do you think smoking weed effects anything?
Just make sure you eat the same as you would. Depending on your goals.. that can be hard or easy 
laugh.gif

Hi. I tried my best to research through the thread but couldn't find an answer to my question. So please forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question but here it goes: I understand that whole wheat is best in helpful in losing weight. I bought pasta that has whole durum wheat flour (which I think is good?) and enriched semolina, etc. I was wondering if this counted as whole grain and was healthy? I know that a lot of bread\grains says 100% wheat but aren't whole whole wheat so any clarification would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

^I feel that's the worst time to smoke. I take my recovery time seriously.

In terms of muscle repair, how do you think smoking weed effects anything?
Just make sure you eat the same as you would. Depending on your goals.. that can be hard or easy 
laugh.gif
Personally, I just think it's a mental thing. But I don't even smoke
laugh.gif
only eat edibles. I can't stand damaging my lungs. Anyways..

I know it's an obscure topic related to bodybuilding but if anyone can contribute thoughts I would be appreciative.

I lost 27lbs so far and I started in Feb... Is it possible to lose 7lbs this month? If so what other things can I add to my workouts I just weight train, and play basketball.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

EDIT: No KETO diet for me....... But finally decided to start doing abs, after cutting down 15 pounds...... after 2 days my abs are look like Greg Plitt's
laugh.gif
glasses.gif

lalalalalaaaa I CANT SEE YOUuuu no bromo 
laugh.gif

I actually posted pics like 3, maybe 4 years ago
laugh.gif

That was 30 pounds ago, I was way cut up. But now you can definitely see the "lean" mass that I have worked my butt off to put on now that I'm around 205

Originally Posted by pookieman

Can someone give me a quick rundown of KETO....

I'm hitting Cancun in 3 weeks and my obliques aren't where they need to be...

eat zero carbs sun-thurs (youll get about 20 through trace carbs in food........mostly fat and a lot of protein. friday and saturday carb up....start with simple carbs i.e. sugars and transition to complex as the period continues. eat a LOT of carbs, and eat very very little fat. also you dont need to worry about protein as much during the carb up but try to get a sufficient amount in. at the end of the 48 hr carb up ur back to no carbs. continue until you are insanely shredded. you will love it.
also next time go to cabo the girls are way hotter  

I need motivation...haven't lifted in 4 years....used to be 175 solid...now I'm 175 w/ a gut
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

Originally Posted by kobe4threebang

http://www.gnc.com/produc...14925&CAWELAID=749805874

Anybody ever try it tryin to put on some muscle haven't seen any gains in the gym in a while and it's def not due to hard work

I'd recommend this over the GNC stuff. I didn't notice a difference in strength at all with the GNC creatine

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sf/kre.html
this stuff is legit... started two weeks ago and see noticeable gains. Increased every exercise by like 10-15 pounds
Going to pick this up today without a doubt.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Solewoman- gnc wheybolic is delicious but overpriced. Buy some isopure or some other whey protein isolate. Same thing.
i meant from a health perspective in terms of toning....or do they do the same thing?

grimlock I notice you have pot in your avy and you post in this thread. I happen to enjoy bodybuilding and pot as well.

How are you balancing both? I find to maximize my workouts I can only indulge in the devils lettuce on off days. When I do indulge on ondays I find it to be difficult to max out as much as I could. (Duh, I know.)

But I would like to know how others who medicate balance the two polar opposites of pot and weight lifting.
Just smoke AFTER you lift 
laugh.gif
Here's my personal experience with lifting and using cannabis...
I am a ritual smoker...mon-fri only after 10 p.m. and only 1-2 hits off my one hitter.  I do this because I feel theirs no need to smoke more than that especially if I have to get things done academically,physically, mentally...etc.  Keeping with this practice helps keeps my tolerance down and my high staying potent.  I do it before bed and a lot of the times watching the office, workaholics, or some other funny #@+ show.

Now in terms of lifting I just want to say i'm doing rippetoes starting strength program on Mon, Tues, and Fri.  I would never smoke pot before a workout...especially an indica...a sativa or mostly sativa/indica hybrid might do you better pre-workout but I haven't tried that yet.  Another thing you have to factor in is getting the munchies...I do tend to indulge a bit at night in some ice cream, kiwis, crackers or whatever else I have laying around the house so that is def a con if your trying to get shredded.  Since my goal is to gain strength and some mass I could care less...I could just do HIIT for a month and get cut up afterwards.

Another thing is that cannabis suppresses the immune system soo i'm not sure if that has any relation to the repair process the body undertakes but I feel that after a day of heavy lifting that getting 
pimp.gif
 relaxes the body and allows a form of homeostasis to occur.  Of course this is just my un-scientific idea.  I have incorporated pot in my life and I find that it does serve me well but if your main goal is getting ripped then you might need to tweak your schedule as to when you do consume in order to keep diet in check.

Originally Posted by RJSims

What was your experience with it? Good stuff or what?

Wasn't really a big fan of the product or creatine in general
ohwell.gif
but I have heard lots of good things bout it

Back
Top Bottom