Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by quik1987

So a few days ago I tried to press 30 lbs dumbbells and just ran flat out of gas. I was bewildered as to why it was happening. Did I not get enough sleep? Was it my lunch? Was it the 2 cigarettes I smoked earlier in there day? I recently started going back to the gym, and used to bench 55lbs with ease, now I'm struggling with 30lbs. I felt mad lame. Either way, i plan to kick smoking soon.
How old/much do you weigh??? 

so i started p90x today, after the first session i promptly threw everything up that i consumed a few hours before
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

So a few days ago I tried to press 30 lbs dumbbells and just ran flat out of gas. I was bewildered as to why it was happening. Did I not get enough sleep? Was it my lunch? Was it the 2 cigarettes I smoked earlier in there day? I recently started going back to the gym, and used to bench 55lbs with ease, now I'm struggling with 30lbs. I felt mad lame. Either way, i plan to kick smoking soon.

25/206

used to be ~170

gained all my weight within the last year

haven't lifted for like 2 years

Anyone buy Protein powder from Whole Foods? What is a good one for after workout. My brother picked up one called Vega protein. is Vaga one good??

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

25/206

used to be ~170

gained all my weight within the last year

haven't lifted for like 2 years
theres the problem
Were expecting to be on the same shape you used to be? I'm just saying, you shouldn't be surprised. 

Just keep working hard and you'll be back to your lifts in no time.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jorrdanfan23

Anyone buy Protein powder from Whole Foods? What is a good one for after workout. My brother picked up one called Vega protein. is Vaga one good??

It's a plant based protein so it's good for Vegans. If you're not a vegan just get a regular whey protein.

Originally Posted by MMG

so i started p90x today, after the first session i promptly threw everything up that i consumed a few hours before
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

lol for real when i did p90x that %+$@ kicked my %%!
laugh.gif
. i have NEVER been as sore as the day after the shoulder/back workout
sick.gif
sick.gif

and manamazing. Go to bb.com in the nutrition section and look at MEN XI its meals eating now. lots of examples of what to eat. while youre there look up some IIFYM if you dont know what to eat.

parcial tear in my achilles tendon, i was doing great and now im gonna have to get surgery, and im in a full leg cast for 1-2 months, feels bad man

really wanted to see abs this august, sigh...

Originally Posted by ballin 2k3

parcial tear in my achilles tendon, i was doing great and now im gonna have to get surgery, and im in a full leg cast for 1-2 months, feels bad man

i see people working out casts/boots all the time at my gym
laugh.gif

time to get that big upper body, chicken legs look 

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by Based Mod

Originally Posted by syxth element

Good nutrition & 8 hrs of sleep is the best recovery. Don't rely too much on supplements since most don't work.
ON is one of the better protein supplements, but it's definitely overpriced IMO. There are a lot of other brands that are just as good which have glutamine & and a similar amino acid profile. I kind of view ON as the "Nike" of protein supplements. Good marketing and great product. But the best? That's subjective.

Yo shiznut, what type of strength program are you running? I just started Wendler 5/3/1. It's not bad so far, but I'm on my first month. Not looking to compete in PL meets, but I just want to get stronger and train for hypertrophy w/ accessory lifts. 

name them. assuming you're talking about ON whey gold standard and you buy them on sale (~$30/5lbs), i don't know of a better value.

Post or PM where you get it for that much, please!
set up a deal notification on slickdeals (e.g. "optimum whey," "syntha-6," "dymatize," etc.).  since protein powders are getting more in demand, the prices are going up so deals are harder to find.  as soon as you get a deal notification and see something you like, strike FAST and load up.  
musculardevelopment.com had a buy 2 get 1 free thing for ON gold standard back in february i think.  ended up getting 3x 5lbs tubs for ~$90.

then last month BSN had a sale for syntha 6 for $30/5lb tubs.  picked up 4 tubs.  might not be the best in terms of nutrition, but it tastes damn good!

so yea, slickdeals deal notifications is your friend.

laugh.gif

its a full leg cast, so above the knee, it it was a cast below the knee i wouldn't even think twice, ive been jumping around my gym with my ankle wrapped for the last 2 days
laugh.gif

i was thinking about just buying a bench and some dumbells/bar, for chest/shoulders/arms and pullups for back and just work out at home

I want to avoid sodium in my diet... I think that's what's keeping a little bit of chub on me.

Right away I'm going to cut out lean cuisine meals/soups... what sort of stuff is low-sodium?

laugh.gif

its a full leg cast, so above the knee, it it was a cast below the knee i wouldn't even think twice, ive been jumping around my gym with my ankle wrapped for the last 2 days
laugh.gif

i was thinking about just buying a bench and some dumbells/bar, for chest/shoulders/arms and pullups for back and just work out at home

i heard you the first time.  dudes here be rolling on crutches
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cheese Wagstaff

I want to avoid sodium in my diet... I think that's what's keeping a little bit of chub on me. 

Right away I'm going to cut out lean cuisine meals/soups... what sort of stuff is low-sodium?

although it's good to keep a low-sodium diet, i doubt it's making any real impact on you.  honestly most frozen entrees are loaded with sodium even if they're "reduced sodium" so i'd avoid them altogether.  cook stuff yourself and take it easy with the salt shaker.  use a bunch of spices to flavor your food.

It's 1215 and I have this huge craving for some cereal!!!...I have fat free organic milk and a healthy cereal...should I
frown.gif

Originally Posted by ksteezy

It's 1215 and I have this huge craving for some cereal!!!...I have fat free organic milk and a healthy cereal...should I
frown.gif

i think the "don't eat after ____o'clock" theory was debunked.  i used to have milk and cereal every night to help me sleep (semi-insomniac) and never gained any weight from it.  i think most would tell you "if it fits into your macros, you're good."

Anyone know anything about GNC GenetixHD Pro-Sculpt? I'm thinking of getting it.

tear it up Steez. I just had 4 cookies man
frown.gif

Dirk, I don't recommend using any GNC products. Total rip off in my opinion.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

frown.gif

i think the "don't eat after ____o'clock" theory was debunked.  i used to have milk and cereal every night to help me sleep (semi-insomniac) and never gained any weight from it.  i think most would tell you "if it fits into your macros, you're good."

that theory is debunked. though its suppose to be dont eat a lot of carbs late night. when you eat carbs at night/late night, it conflicts with your HGHs

Anyone know how to increase calf definition? No matter what I do, they stay the same size. At one point I was doing around 1000 calf raises a night (without weight). I tried doing high reps and low reps with weight and without weight but my calves don't seem to be growing. I dont necessarily want them to be huge, but rather 'athletic' looking. What would you recommend? 

Back
Top Bottom