Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

hmmm... i think i may try this... for some reason... i can't seem to shed the inches from my inner thighs... tips?
smile.gif

Originally Posted by BALLYNN

hmmm... i think i may try this... for some reason... i can't seem to shed the inches from my inner thighs... tips?
smile.gif

why are you smiling?..you cant spot reduce..keep treadmillin'

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

smile.gif

i smile because i can. and if tread millin is the answer... i must be doing something wrong because i've tried every level ofinclination a treadmill has to offer... and yet... the thighs stay intact.

You don't need to get rid of that^

nerd.gif
happy.gif

But if you're serious about it.

Incline is great and all, but you need to get your heart pumping.

smile.gif

i smile because i can. and if tread millin is the answer... i must be doing something wrong because i've tried every level of inclination a treadmill has to offer... and yet... the thighs stay intact.

then your diet is horrific..exit the thread and come back when you get serious about losing fat and not just thigh fat.

smile.gif

i smile because i can. and if tread millin is the answer... i must be doing something wrong because i've tried every level of inclination a treadmill has to offer... and yet... the thighs stay intact.

then your diet is horrific..exit the thread and come back when you get serious about losing fat and not just thigh fat.

You of all people....

smile.gif

aww damn! i knew it was something about mama's cornbread and biscuits! smh. i'm out.

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

smile.gif

You of all people....

lol because you know so much about my experiences and progress, right?

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

smile.gif

You of all people....

lol because you know so much about my experiences and progress, right?
You honestly have the gall to say that after you explicitly told someone that they should leave the thread because their diet is horrific? What aclown
laugh.gif

I do have a question for the thread though. Can anyone suggest a good calf workout? I've been trying a few exercises but they only seem to help mydefinition, whereas I'm moreso looking for hypertrophy. Suggestions? Something I need to change?

^ Jump roping?

Weighted calf raises never did anything for me, but after a day of jumproping, my legs are sore for a week.

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

^ Jump roping?

Weighted calf raises never did anything for me, but after a day of jumproping, my legs are sore for a week.
Word. Jumping some rope will definitely tense up those calves. You'll feel it the next day for a week if not immediately the day after.

calf-muscle-exercises.jpg

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

^ Jump roping?

Word. Jumping some rope will definitely tense up those calves. You'll feel it the next day for a week if not immediately the day after.

co-sign, jump roping is killer and great for you. i gotta find my jump rope and start doing it again, does wonders
pimp.gif

I feel you guys on jumproping, but does that promote growth in the calves or muscle endurance? It seems like the high amount of reps wouldn't causehypertrophy. It's been a while since I jumproped though so I'll give it a try.

Quick question....I was reading some article about weightloss and they basically said that if you weigh 200 and want to be 180, you should base yourmaintenance calories off of the 180 pounds. Is this right?
embarassed.gif
Ialways thought that you base it off your current weight, and subtract like 400 cals a day to loose about 2 pounds a week.

Also, I'm trying to figure out my diet. What should the ratio of protein/carbs/fat be?

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

i have no firsthand experience with either but both seem to be effective ways of exercising.

obviously depends on your goals, but if overall fitness is your goal (over, say, muscle-building or cardiovascular endurance) then definitely try those out.
Tabata is pretty cool.

20 secs on 10 secs off, repeat 8x.

Ive done it with burpees and dumbell squat presses. I tried doing running, but it kills you. Great for burning calories btw.
Thanks to both.

Think I should just start out with just body squats since I'm new to it?

Sure man, bodyweight is good place to start, just concentrate on good form. Trust me you dont need weights to feel the burn, but sooner or later you will getused to it and then you can use weights for more resistance
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

^ Jump roping?

god damn i need calves like that

basketball can also develop your calves fast
provided that you are one of those people that jump at any chance you get
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Baybully650

Quick question....I was reading some article about weightloss and they basically said that if you weigh 200 and want to be 180, you should base your maintenance calories off of the 180 pounds. Is this right?
embarassed.gif
I always thought that you base it off your current weight, and subtract like 400 cals a day to loose about 2 pounds a week.

Also, I'm trying to figure out my diet. What should the ratio of protein/carbs/fat be?

Yeah maintenance should be at your CURRENT weight, anything below that is a deficit. Its good to subtract maybe 100-200kcal a week and go from there ratherthan dropping 500kcal right off the bat.

As for your macros, you need around 1-1.5g p/lb lean bodyweight of protein, around 0.4-0.5g p/lb and then fill the rest in with carbs. Thats a a good start,getting your minimums. From there maybe you can tweak around, dropping some carbs for fats etc.. you'll have to experiment for a bit. But rememberit'll take maybe around a week or so due to water retention to get a full grip on the effect your body it has on your body - so stay patient!

I'm 5'6, 130lbs. I eat a lot but I just don't gain weight (which isn't a bad thing) *fast metabolism*...., but I wanna be around the 140 mark.So how do I accomplish this?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by sneakerfan93

I'm 5'6, 130lbs. I eat a lot but I just don't gain weight (which isn't a bad thing) *fast metabolism*...., but I wanna be around the 140 mark. So how do I accomplish this?
nerd.gif
EAT MORE KID!!!

quick question: Are vitamin shoppes in general cheaper than GNC? Theres GNC's everywhere, but the nearest VS is 20 miles away.

Back
Top Bottom