Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

is there anyone else here who can put on size, but little to no numerical weight? seems like i can get bigger but not add any weight or just very little. Not that i care about the numbers much, but i was just wondering is this due to genetics? always wondered what the reason for this was 

Can anyone help me with my routine here?
I hit the gym for the first time in a WHILE yesterday. Tryna lose like 10-15 lbs by the end of the semester (If I reach that before then then I'll just aim for the 20-30 lbs)

Yesterday I just did Arms (Not trying to bulk up so I did more reps instead of just heavy weights):

- Bench Press 20 x 3

- Butterfly machine 20 x 3

- Bicep curl machine 20 x 3

- Kind of forgot the other machines 

Cardio (Wanted to start out light b/c it was my first time in a while):

- Exercise bike (Random Hills) - 15 mins

- Elliptical (Random Hills) - 15 mins

I'm gonna probably do that one or two more times and then go into HIIT

(2 min warm-up)

- Sprint 15 seconds and recover (jog) for 45 second for 10 mins.

- 25 minutes of steady state cardio (exercise bike)

- 10 minutes of 1 minute sprint intervals with 1 minute of jogging.

For breakfast

- A size-able serving of Quaker Oatmeal w/ cut apples & water.

Lunch

- Truthfully I don't what I should eat. 
laugh.gif

Dinner

- Grill chicken (then baked) with Whole Wheat Penne & Water (I slice onions and use extra virgin olive oil)

Feel free scratch out and add. Thanks.

I'm a true beginner at this. The most I've ever weightlifted was probably a few times in my highschool gym, which was very small. I'm not out of shape because my workouts usually consist of a lot of cardio since I enjoy running or playing basketball. Since I live on campus I want to start taking advantage of the gym, not just the treadmill. How do I start and what should I start with. I just want to tone/get cut, none of that buff as hell deadlift 700 pounds stuff I'm seeing on this page 
laugh.gif
. I'm a total beginner, I don't even know some of the equipment's names, but I am willing to start, even though I am ignorant right now. Gotta start somewhere and I am willing to try. Thanks 

Originally Posted by Pump Fake

I'm a true beginner at this. The most I've ever weightlifted was probably a few times in my highschool gym, which was very small. I'm not out of shape because my workouts usually consist of a lot of cardio since I enjoy running or playing basketball. Since I live on campus I want to start taking advantage of the gym, not just the treadmill. How do I start and what should I start with. I just want to tone/get cut, none of that buff as hell deadlift 700 pounds stuff I'm seeing on this page 
laugh.gif
. I'm a total beginner, I don't even know some of the equipment's names, but I am willing to start, even though I am ignorant right now. Gotta start somewhere and I am willing to try. Thanks 

How many days a week are you planning on working out?  How long do you plan for working out for?

^Honestly I don't even know what is sufficient, etc. I have a lot of classes and things, doing the whole pre med route, but I still have time for myself. I'm thinking 3-4 times a week, probably 3 times, since I don't live on campus during the weekends. 

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

Originally Posted by AME416

Just became a member of GregPlitt.Com
pimp.gif

if you can weed out the broscience its actually pretty nice. that bicep routine he had in the workout vid is just OD.
laugh.gif
I hate guys like Greg Plitt.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

pimp.gif

if you can weed out the broscience its actually pretty nice. that bicep routine he had in the workout vid is just OD.
laugh.gif
I hate guys like Greg Plitt.
25618d1297537055-roelly-beast-winklaar-updates-roelly1.jpg

you wanna look like my dude roelly go head

but in the real world, greg plitt is >>>>>>>>>>

I think you misunderstood me. I hate guys like Greg Plitt. Not how he looks
laugh.gif
he looks fantastic. But as soon as I saw a video of him talking it just had me
30t6p3b.gif

Edit: Just watched a vlog of his. Kinda change my mind bout him. Seems super amped 100% of the time
laugh.gif
I redact my judgement of a guy I don't know. Maybe I am just jelly of his good looks *kanye shrug*

o yea somebody convince me to throw down 10 bucks on gregs website not just..............some cool face emoticon.

I could never pay for a Greg Plitt membership. After I watched "Dumbbell Destruction" and seen him pour water in that big *%% fan while "Just A Dream" played in the background it was a wrap 
roll.gif

dude pitt came out here to japan
laugh.gif
dude is a beast...

hit the gym today and
30t6p3b.gif
@ me. Someone let me know a beginners workout to get back into it im struggling.

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

Can anyone help me with my routine here?
I hit the gym for the first time in a WHILE yesterday. Tryna lose like 10-15 lbs by the end of the semester (If I reach that before then then I'll just aim for the 20-30 lbs)

Yesterday I just did Arms (Not trying to bulk up so I did more reps instead of just heavy weights):

- Bench Press 20 x 3

- Butterfly machine 20 x 3

- Bicep curl machine 20 x 3

- Kind of forgot the other machines 

Cardio (Wanted to start out light b/c it was my first time in a while):

- Exercise bike (Random Hills) - 15 mins

- Elliptical (Random Hills) - 15 mins

I'm gonna probably do that one or two more times and then go into HIIT

(2 min warm-up)

- Sprint 15 seconds and recover (jog) for 45 second for 10 mins.

- 25 minutes of steady state cardio (exercise bike)

- 10 minutes of 1 minute sprint intervals with 1 minute of jogging.

For breakfast

- A size-able serving of Quaker Oatmeal w/ cut apples & water.

Lunch

- Truthfully I don't what I should eat. 
laugh.gif

Dinner

- Grill chicken (then baked) with Whole Wheat Penne & Water (I slice onions and use extra virgin olive oil)

Feel free scratch out and add. Thanks.
Breakfast: Egg White's, Oatmeal is cool, but they say you shouldnt eat the packets, but eat the oats that come in the tube container....
Lunch: Lunchmeat sandwich's (turkey, roast beef, tuna,chicken salad) no mayo, though, wheat bread..
Workouts: http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/tone.html

Hope that helps a little since help is hard to come by in this thread...

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
his videos are more for motivation

now, rob riches got some better videos than plitt that's informational, and his physique is on par with him

http://www.youtube.com/user/RJRICHES#p/u

Originally Posted by rhester

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear
Breakfast: Egg White's, Oatmeal is cool, but they say you shouldnt eat the packets, but eat the oats that come in the tube container....
Lunch: Lunchmeat sandwich's (turkey, roast beef, tuna,chicken salad) no mayo, though, wheat bread..
Workouts: http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/tone.html

Hope that helps a little since help is hard to come by in this thread...
dont forget your multi-vitamins, fruits, and veggies!

Your new pre workout nutrition. (might have posted this already)

3/4 cup oatmeal
1 1/2 cup water
2 tbsp instant coffee
2 tbsp flax seed
40g whey

it's powerful..

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Your new pre workout nutrition. (might have posted this already)

3/4 cup oatmeal
1 1/2 cup water
2 tbsp instant coffee
2 tbsp flax seed
40g whey

it's powerful..
I'm sure it'll give you powerful ##*!+, that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom