Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

i hit somewhat of a plateau 
frown.gif
 need some help..
any truth behind this?... 
nerd.gif

Cycle your calories

When you put your body through extreme calorie deficits, your body will automatically adjust and begin to conserve energy (also known as calories). Prolonged calorie deficits cause your body's metabolism to plummet and go into starvation mode. In starvation mode, your body tries to hold onto every calorie possible in order to conserve energy.

Fortunately, using a method called calorie cycling, you can trick your body into keeping a high metabolic rate while you're dieting for fat loss.

Calorie cycling allows you to eat one to three days of higher calories and higher carbs followed by three days of lower calories and lower carbs. On these low calorie/low carb days, you lose body fat rapidly. However, before your body can adapt to these changes and go into starvation mode, you raise the calories back up so that you don't hit a weight loss plateau. By increasing your calories, you also increase your metabolism and prepare your body to start burning fat again.

question: for people who are cutting, or done it before, did you guys stop taking protein supp? i cant reading mixed reviews so id greatly appreciate it if someone came through with experience...as of now im taking gold standard whey protein, keep taking it? or take a diff protein? or none at all?

No experience, but to my understanding, fat is converted to fat, carbs to glyocen (or some damn thing), which is converted to fat, and protein is pissed out.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

No experience, but to my understanding, fat is converted to fat, carbs to glyocen (or some damn thing), which is converted to fat, and protein is pissed out.

Wait, what are you referring to?

Originally Posted by Durden7

i believe to my question..."should i be taking protein while im cutting?"
thanks brett, anyone else? any input is greatly appreciated

Originally Posted by wanksta23

i believe to my question..."should i be taking protein while im cutting?"
thanks brett, anyone else? any input is greatly appreciated
Yeah, im still not sure how that was an answer though

Originally Posted by proper english

i hit somewhat of a plateau 
frown.gif
 need some help..
any truth behind this?... 
nerd.gif

Cycle your calories

When you put your body through extreme calorie deficits, your body will automatically adjust and begin to conserve energy (also known as calories). Prolonged calorie deficits cause your body's metabolism to plummet and go into starvation mode. In starvation mode, your body tries to hold onto every calorie possible in order to conserve energy.

Fortunately, using a method called calorie cycling, you can trick your body into keeping a high metabolic rate while you're dieting for fat loss.

Calorie cycling allows you to eat one to three days of higher calories and higher carbs followed by three days of lower calories and lower carbs. On these low calorie/low carb days, you lose body fat rapidly. However, before your body can adapt to these changes and go into starvation mode, you raise the calories back up so that you don't hit a weight loss plateau. By increasing your calories, you also increase your metabolism and prepare your body to start burning fat again.
This is a bunch of bro-science. Starvation mode is extremely exaggerated in the fitness community.

Calorie cycling is a good idea whether you are maintaining, bulking or trying to lose fat but the reasoning given above is flawed.

Fellas I could use some help. Over the past couple months my bench has gone from 175 to 230. My other lifts have seen similar increases as well. However I am not getting any bigger. My pecs got bigger but my triceps, biceps, deltoids, shoulders, quads etc.. just dont grow. Its frustrating seeing someone more swoll than you, but repping 30lbs under you. Any suggestions?

^that really bothers you? 

you probably are more muscular and don't even realize. 

you should've taken a picture of yourself a couple months ago to have a reference point and see how much you've progressed. 

go to someone you haven't seen in mad long and they'll prolly be like, bro, you look like a different person.  lol

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Fellas I could use some help. Over the past couple months my bench has gone from 175 to 230. My other lifts have seen similar increases as well. However I am not getting any bigger. My pecs got bigger but my triceps, biceps, deltoids, shoulders, quads etc.. just dont grow. Its frustrating seeing someone more swoll than you, but repping 30lbs under you. Any suggestions?

Are you truly isolating the specific muscle you are working out? Are you completely focused on the muscle you are working on during repetitions?

It may be your form from what i'm gathering.

Squatted 225 first time today. Feels good man.

anyway I'm sure almost everyone has seen or heard the movie Supersize Me where the guy eats only McDonalds for 30 days and gains like 17-20lbs.

I just saw this other "movie" called Downsize Me and there's this 48years old(i think) guy who's in good shape and loses weight by eating only McDonalds for 30 days by counting his calories and exercising. Just wanted to share thought it was cool how he did that...

Has anyone heard of or taken the supplement called "Dragon" is suppose to comparable to Tren which has been taken off the market. Its real hard to get only a select muscle shops carry it. I was wondering if anyone has heard of it or is currently taking it. 

i got a question..
i love peanut butter and i'd eat like 3-4 peanut butter sandwiches w/ banana throughout the day.
i used to eat organic peanut butter but now i just eat the kraft crunchy one.
those of u who love peanut butter, how much do yall eat it?
and is it okay to eat it right after a work out?? thanks!

i love peanut butter the natural kind. I eat about 6-8 tablespoons of peanut butter a day. I'm also eating cashew and almond butter.

Originally Posted by DaKidThatDraws

i got a question..
i love peanut butter and i'd eat like 3-4 peanut butter sandwiches w/ banana throughout the day.
Too much fat with that peanut butter. If your gonna eat it, eat it once a day if you have to. And I hope your using wheat bread......and the crunchy peanut butter is no good.

Originally Posted by Mogulson

i got a question..
Too much fat with that peanut butter. If your gonna eat it, eat it once a day if you have to. And I hope your using wheat bread......and the crunchy peanut butter is no good.
What??

i got a question..
What??
Beat me to it
laugh.gif

Lots of bad advice in this thread. Brett, that's not necessarily how it happens. There's no difference between crunchy and smooth peanut butter aside from texture. 

About the wrist straps. I firmly believe that quality of reps > weight used. If you can't hold the weights safely, you probably shouldn't be pressing them.

Using protein supplements while trying to cut down isn't a good idea in my opinion. They don't offer the same satiation that whole foods provide.  When you're cutting, you want to make most(if not all) of your nutrition come from whole foods. Again, just how I feel about it. Cutting is a mental struggle as well.

whey protein has an effect similar to an appetite suppressant; i would use it on a cut.

Idk what the dude meant by too much fat in PB, tho..dudes posting stuff just to get Durden pissed,lol.

Scaled in at a niiiice 162, finally in the 160s, probably water weight but i'm happy.

Originally Posted by nealraj006

i got a question..
What??
Beat me to it
laugh.gif

Lots of bad advice in this thread. Brett, that's not necessarily how it happens. There's no difference between crunchy and smooth peanut butter aside from texture. 

About the wrist straps. I firmly believe that quality of reps > weight used. If you can't hold the weights safely, you probably shouldn't be pressing them.

Using protein supplements while trying to cut down isn't a good idea in my opinion. They don't offer the same satiation that whole foods provide.  When you're cutting, you want to make most(if not all) of your nutrition come from whole foods. Again, just how I feel about it. Cutting is a mental struggle as well.

Crunchy peanut is processed completely different from regular peanut and with that process involves retaining more of the fat from the peanut butter since there are still ACTUAL nuts in the jar.

Back
Top Bottom