Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by gatorad3

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Ya'll use gloves? blisters starting to get to me.

yep. Its a must.

No, I take pride in my calluses.

Lol. I dont wear gloves either and it shows from the deadlifts. I sometimes get asked "damn what happen to your hands?" lol
I have to for deadlifts. They just tear up my hands.

Originally Posted by gatorad3

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Ya'll use gloves? blisters starting to get to me.

yep. Its a must.

No, I take pride in my calluses.

Lol. I dont wear gloves either and it shows from the deadlifts. I sometimes get asked "damn what happen to your hands?" lol

Ditto.  I feel I get a much better grip w/out gloves

Can someone with experience or knowledge of 'Jack3d' or No-Explode typa pre-workout stuff give some pros and cons?
I Know i can google it but id appreciate the info from some of my fellow NT experts. Ive been working out for almost 7 straight weeks now, strict diet, everythings going good, but like some others who have posted above me im starting to lose my drive. I switch up my workouts and do p90x sometimes, i just wanna know if that Jack3d stuff really helps me want to workout, and if it has any bad sideeffects? (im sure it has some, but enough to not take it?)
Thanks
smile.gif

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Can someone with experience or knowledge of 'Jack3d' or No-Explode typa pre-workout stuff give some pros and cons?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/musclepharm/assault.html >>>>>
Thanks, that looks like a really good produce according to user ratings.
Have you personally tried it though?
I only ask because im not much of a body builder, i dont have a gym membership right now so im just trying to get lean, most of my workouts are p90x.
I just wanna make sure its not meant for gym heavy lifters
laugh.gif

Yea I've used it and its the best pre-workout supplement that I've used..
But I mean it cant hurt to try out for yourself, not all supps have the same effect on everybody

alright nt, last final tomorrow morning then taking the summer off.
last summer i was doing cardio in the morning mon - fri
then my workout in the afternoon also mon - fri

since then i have really not had consistency with working out/staying in shape/ going to the gym.

would you guys recommend going with the two times a day right away, or just once a day until my body responds to working out seriously again?

Originally Posted by DimSum9

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

anyone got a guide/manual/link to increasing vertical jump?
Start squatting.
Slow on the way down and EXPLODE out of the hole.
yea thx but I was looking for some kind of guide or workout I could follow.
There are a lot...but it depends a lot on what you need to do first.  If you have a lot of endurance, can run for miles at a slow pace, have strong legs (can leg press a lot), but lack quickness you will need to focus a lot on plyometrics.  If you already are pretty quick, can sprint fast, but want to add some inches/first step you will need to rebuild a stronger base.  Of course, you also have to be in overall general good shape.  10% or so of the power you generate comes from your arms so you can understand why it is a whole body thing.  There are specific "jump" programs but a lot of them will only give you short term results.  My suggestion, without any more knowledge, would be to do as he says, "squats" for a while and get your body strength solid first.  Then toss in mile sprints (sprint the straightaway, slow jog the corners), jump roping, and box jumps.

it has a lot to do with technique too
like he said 10% or so generate from arms
its just like running, there's certain mechanics for your arms and your legs pending on what type of running you do
there's a different movement and mechanic of your legs for endurance than there is for speed
you have to use arms in order to get up, down, forward, back, left, right

how long does it take for muscles to heal? I think I hurt my left tricep from cable flyes about a week and a half ago. I was doin squats today and I can feel the pain still. Should I take the whole week off? should I just switch to super light weights for a week?

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Should I avoid supplements with sucralose in it?
I would as well as potassium acesulfame and any other artificial sweetner like asparteme.  Their just not natural for the body to break down along with all the health concerns they pose.  Problem is that alot of supplements contain those ingredients instead of cane sugar.

how long does it take for muscles to heal? I think I hurt my left tricep from cable flyes about a week and a half ago. I was doin squats today and I can feel the pain still. Should I take the whole week off? should I just switch to super light weights for a week? 
I don't really know how long it takes to heal but if it's too the point where it hurts and it's hindering your workout it's better to just lay off of that body part...since its the tricep you should stay away from chest excercises as well.  Or you can take the week off and just maintain

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

I Know i can google it but id appreciate the info from some of my fellow NT experts. Ive been working out for almost 7 straight weeks now, strict diet, everythings going good, but like some others who have posted above me im starting to lose my drive. I switch up my workouts and do p90x sometimes, i just wanna know if that Jack3d stuff really helps me want to workout, and if it has any bad sideeffects? (im sure it has some, but enough to not take it?)
Thanks
smile.gif
Yea, i can vouch for Jack3d, it's like a shot of adrenaline; but, then again, i have never tried any other pre-workout drinks.

Either way, i would recommend it.

++Pros- workouts are a breeze, an invincible feeling(some sort of high; however, it went away during the 2nd week)
~~Cons- for the first week i woke up lightheaded, i would just wake up and take a couple steps and almost fall(also happened during workouts). What i did was take less than a scoop, like a little less then 3/4 of a scoop; so, i would recommend for you to take 1/2 a scoop, just to see if it may have any adverse effects on you and then add-on if it doesn't effect you, but keep it at 1scoop or <.

Other then that, i can't really attest to any other cons from the product.I'm 2 1/2 weeks in.

I've never tracked my calorie/nutrient intake before. It's interesting to see just how much I get regularly. So many discrepencies with the DRI. Low in carbs, high fat, high in vitamins, etc. For those wondering, I'm doing this for a nutrition class that I'm taking. The damn textbook is 900 pages, and I'm supposed to read the whole thing by the end of july.
laugh.gif

Now I get why people say to track your calories if you want to eat less. It's a lot of work to track everything. I'd rather not eat than write everything down.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

I would as well as potassium acesulfame and any other artificial sweetner like asparteme.  Their just not natural for the body to break down along with all the health concerns they pose.  Problem is that alot of supplements contain those ingredients instead of cane sugar.

I don't really know how long it takes to heal but if it's too the point where it hurts and it's hindering your workout it's better to just lay off of that body part...since its the tricep you should stay away from chest excercises as well.  Or you can take the week off and just maintain

Yeah, Im having trouble finding a pre workout without sucralose in it, do you know of any?

Originally Posted by Me4u2Night

Originally Posted by XkrispyELI

workout 4 days out of the week with weights and 2 days running.

what special running workout can i do to lose some stomach fat ? Can i do the HIT running workout?

You can't do any special workout to burn "stomach fat." When you burn fat, it will burn collectively throughout your body. 
I've been using this method since the start of May (training for half marathon) and was able to drop 21 pounds.
I workout 6 days a weeks with 3 days running.
Workout days will consist of 

Day 1- Chest/Biceps 

Day 2 -Back/Triceps - Interval running

Day 3 - Shoulders 

Day 4 - Legs  - Short distance run.

Day 5 - Spartacus routine from Men's fitness but 5 execerises instead of 10.

Day 6 -  Abs and long distance run

1 day is my long run - 7-9 miles.

1 day is a short/recovery run - 2-4 miles.

1 day of interval running - Treadmill - 1 min running at 8.5 then down to 5.5. Repeat this for 20 mins.

I'll also do 3 days of elliptical for 28 mins and bicycle for 25 mins in the evening.
thanks for all the help first of all.
My running days are on saturday and sunday. So would it be a good idea to do the long distance on saturday and a HIT (jog at level 6 for 30 sec and then run at level 8.5 for a min)?

Originally Posted by Me4u2Night

Originally Posted by XkrispyELI

workout 4 days out of the week with weights and 2 days running.

what special running workout can i do to lose some stomach fat ? Can i do the HIT running workout?

You can't do any special workout to burn "stomach fat." When you burn fat, it will burn collectively throughout your body. 
I've been using this method since the start of May (training for half marathon) and was able to drop 21 pounds.
I workout 6 days a weeks with 3 days running.
Workout days will consist of 

Day 1- Chest/Biceps 

Day 2 -Back/Triceps - Interval running

Day 3 - Shoulders 

Day 4 - Legs  - Short distance run.

Day 5 - Spartacus routine from Men's fitness but 5 execerises instead of 10.

Day 6 -  Abs and long distance run

1 day is my long run - 7-9 miles.

1 day is a short/recovery run - 2-4 miles.

1 day of interval running - Treadmill - 1 min running at 8.5 then down to 5.5. Repeat this for 20 mins.

I'll also do 3 days of elliptical for 28 mins and bicycle for 25 mins in the evening.
thanks for all the help first of all.
My running days are on saturday and sunday. So would it be a good idea to do the long distance on saturday and a HIT (jog at level 6 for 30 sec and then run at level 8.5 for a min)?

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Yeah, Im having trouble finding a pre workout without sucralose in it, do you know of any?

What i've been doing lately is not eating 3-4 hours prior to working out but if I feel I need a little boost I take a half a scoop of ON Natural Whey w/ water about 15 min before I workout.  If your looking for something to give you more energy I don't mess with pre-workout energy supplements so idk.

Back
Top Bottom