Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Workout failurz.

Time spent at the gym: 2 hours

Time spent actually working out: 1 hour.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

That's why I like going to the gym by myself, or if I do have a partner he has to be VERY dedicated.

^See this is why I emphasize that as well. I don't usually do that but me and shawty just had a good conversation I guess

Spoiler [+]
no pics

[h3]
Youand your buddies are smart about healthy eating & exercising... soimpart your wisdom on to me. What is the expert consensus on a cheatmeal? If I eat healthy and exercise all week - does a cheat meal helpby shocking the body or does it flush a week's worth of health down thetoilet. My diet coach says I don't los...eweight because I have 1 cheat meal/week. With all the perfectlybalanced eating at 1300 cals/day and interval training exercising thatI do in a week, I say... well to her, I say FU.
What do you guys think? Is that wings & nachos night the cause of my 3-week plateau?
that's a quote from my mom. she's been exercising and eating perfectly for weeks now but hasn't seen any reults AT ALL. of course shes been over weight and eating complete $*%% for 15+ years so it won't be over night.
[/h3]Anyone care to offer some advice??

wolfman-try some oatmeal, like prepare some and eat it post workout. or do like i do and make a chicken breast sandwich on ezekiel bread.

man there were SOOOO MAAAAANY HOOOOOT CHIIIICKS today. when your in shape and you wear good clothes, chicks will GAWK at you and increase your swag by over 9000. like, i got my swag walk going on and everything lol

I need to get on my HIIT steez asap.. my pecs are crazy huge, and my abs are coming in nicely at 190lbs and 17% bf.. I just need to burn more fat.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

[h3]
Youand your buddies are smart about healthy eating & exercising... soimpart your wisdom on to me. What is the expert consensus on a cheatmeal? If I eat healthy and exercise all week - does a cheat meal helpby shocking the body or does it flush a week's worth of health down thetoilet. My diet coach says I don't los...eweight because I have 1 cheat meal/week. With all the perfectlybalanced eating at 1300 cals/day and interval training exercising thatI do in a week, I say... well to her, I say FU.
What do you guys think? Is that wings & nachos night the cause of my 3-week plateau?
[/h3]
that's a quote from my mom. she's been exercising and eating perfectly for weeks now but hasn't seen any reults AT ALL. of course shes been over weight and eating complete $*%% for 15+ years so it won't be over night.Anyone care to offer some advice??

Heres my 10 cents..... (my 2 cents are for free)

As long as everything else is done well for the rest of the week, a "cheat" meal is perfectly fine.  Now is that cheat meal is a 1000 kcal food item covered in grease and saturated fat then its going to hinder results.  Will it cancel out 6 days of progress?  No, but its certainly not helping the goal.  A cheat DAY is taking thins a little bit far and will certainly halt weight loss.  Now if that day is just a couple of "unhealthy" foods spread out through out the day and the total calorie count isnt abnormally high its acceptable.

What I question is the 1300 kcal plan that shes on.  Now im not a RD by any means, but I do know enough nutrition information to understand that weight loss is going to be very difficult with so few nutrients coming in.  (I dont know her height/weight/RMR, etc. so im going off of assumptions so take what I say lightly)  With the addition of interval training it makes the low calorie consumption even more scary.

She should have seen some sort of progress by 3 weeks.

man there were SOOOO MAAAAANY HOOOOOT CHIIIICKS today. when yourin shape and you wear good clothes, chicks will GAWK at you andincrease your swag by over 9000. like, i got my swag walk going on andeverything lol
Youre big on external motivation, huh?

no durden, no. that's a coincidental affect of my effort. it is by no means a necessary part of my training faculties. you were joking though right? i think your were joking. i'm tempted to give a long post, but if your joking then it's all good.

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

no durden, no. that's a coincidental affect of my effort. it is by no means a necessary part of my training faculties. you were joking though right? i think your were joking. i'm tempted to give a long post, but if your joking then it's all good.
I never said it was necessary.

I wasnt joking, but I also wasnt saying it in a deragatory way either.  Some people are motivated by external sources, others are internal.  Theres no right or wrong.  I was merely making an observation from things ive observed.

Spoiler [+]
my observation is that if you live well you get noticed. in general (expensive clothes, shiny car, big house; these all draw attention). i was making a hyperbolic statement for the thread, but it's true. if you live well, you will notice that others are noticing you living well. that's all. no i don't "train to be noticed'. i started training for myself and i am my own biggest fan.

Spoiler [+]
no more psychoanalysis durden, mkay?

do you guys get hornier? i remember when i was working out alot that i became very horny. any girl i saw was hot to me. lol just wondering if you guys had something similar.

Originally Posted by andycrazn

do you guys get hornier? i remember when i was working out alot that i became very horny. any girl i saw was hot to me. lol just wondering if you guys had something similar.

laugh.gif
puberty?

Originally Posted by yancancook90

laugh.gif
puberty?
im 20 but this was back when i was 19. my friends even saw it. i would be in a complete daze over a average looking chick. then i broke my arm and i was back to where i was and again a week ago lol

Thats due to the increase in sex hormones.  Its normal.

(And the increase of nitric oxide during a workout so if you felt more attracted to females while youre working out thats one cause of it.)

attachment.php

posted awhile back in the previous thread i think.... but dude does squats with no weight... (which is news to me)

no dls. not a proponent of creatine either...

any truth to the 1st part of his statement...?
I dont do complete squats with weights, as they destroy the menisci in the knees, i only do complete squats without weight. If I wanted to be an olympic weight lifter, I would need to do them. with this example, i wish to show you that in sport there are things that are bad for your health, which should be avoided unless you want to reach the peak of said sport. If you are currently taking creatine, my only advice is to stay away unless its necessary for competition etc.
anyway did the 10x10 squat workout by ice1cube posted earlier in thread. greatttt workout today

and i think my testis are healing up. lol. (which i messed up somehow, someway)

Durden, thanks for the heads up. I was thinking 1300 calories was odd as well... the only fats she consumes are poly unsaturated i.e. omega 3 6 9.

Honestly, I workout for external achievement primarily but i realized I'll never be the biggest or most ripped dude in the gym. Now that i've been doing this for a bit I'm just trying to become a better me. I'm sure that will result on external appreciation but it's futile to flex in the mirror ten times a day for self gratification.

Doing body weight squats ATG can killlllll. Body weight exercises are often overlooked I think. I remember an interview with Nelly. He said when on the road he just does 1000 pushups a day or something ridiculous like that

yo team fitness

I workout with weights 4 days a week (i do a little 20 min after the workout) and go for long runs on the other 2 days (1 day rest).

is it a good idea for me to take whey protein? any side effects? A friend of mine told me i have to drink plenty of water when taking whey protein, true?

Originally Posted by XkrispyELI

yo team fitness

I workout with weights 4 days a week (i do a little 20 min after the workout) and go for long runs on the other 2 days (1 day rest).

is it a good idea for me to take whey protein? any side effects? A friend of mine told me i have to drink plenty of water when taking whey protein, true?
thats fine. whey protein is an option for you, as it is convenient, not entirely necessary.

no side-effects that im aware of... but honestly all these fillers, chemicals, and articificial colors and sweeteners cant be too good for you either... and then again someone did mention something about it gradually leading to hairless, but i dont believe that. (not trying to discourage you from taking it, as i do myself but this is just what i think)

you should always be drinking plenty of water.
wink.gif

but ive never heard of anyone drinking more because of the whey protein intake... lol..

its not like creatine anyway

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

I know a big part of my motivation comes from external resources. Shiet, I never used to get noticed this much when I was a product of the freshman 15, or a super skinny athlete in high school. Nowadays, rocking my smedium shirt attracts a lot more attention from places that I would originally not have gotten...and this is 10 months in. I can't wait until I hit my 1 year mark or my 2 year mark...it's honestly the results of how good I look and the benefits that come with it that keep me going sometimes. It's so much easier to live a sedentary lifestyle, but when you have tangible results, you're more liable to keep on going....just like how those who work out for maybe a month or 2 without seeing any major changes quit, knowing the length of time required for visible results helps me keep going because I'm aware it's a long process. 
Take for example tonight, me and my roommate (Another NTer on here) were out on a double date (basically). The whole night this girl was kinda apprehensive/shy and stuff, but I soon realized it might've been the result of her insecurity around me, because once the liquor started flowin' later on, we all knew what she was really thinkin'. Stay thirsty - err I mean keep up the good work my friends. 

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

attachment.php

posted awhile back in the previous thread i think.... but dude does squats with no weight... (which is news to me)

no dls. not a proponent of creatine either...

any truth to the 1st part of his statement...?
I dont do complete squats with weights, as they destroy the menisci in the knees, i only do complete squats without weight. If I wanted to be an olympic weight lifter, I would need to do them. with this example, i wish to show you that in sport there are things that are bad for your health, which should be avoided unless you want to reach the peak of said sport. If you are currently taking creatine, my only advice is to stay away unless its necessary for competition etc.
anyway did the 10x10 squat workout by ice1cube posted earlier in thread. greatttt workout today

and i think my testis are healing up. lol. (which i messed up somehow, someway)

There is truth to his statement. If one is training solely for aesthetic purposes than doing heavy squats is  not only a waste of time but  a detriment to that goal (higher chance of sustaining injuries and wear on the joint(s) ). Heavy squats over a long period of time do take a toll on your knees.

Like I've advised before. Creatine is an exceptional supplement if you're training for strentgh and should be taken. However, if you're solely training for the aesthetic side then creatine does have some drawbacks and the benefits aren't as great.

Help.

Im trying to lose some but to no avail. I was lifting 3x a week. Running 2x a week. Assumingly, my calorie intake was lower than calories burned ( I didnt record the calories I consumed). I've been trying this for about 2-3 months now. What can I do differently?

^What was your running like? If you want a really effective method to lose fat while running, then do HIIT. Just so things don't get boring, I would mix it up once in a while as well with other intense routines. My personal favorites are:

Back
Top Bottom