• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
laugh.gif
 That debate again... 

I was initially #TeamThumbsUp... and after 3 watches... I'm still #TeamThumbsUp given the context of the scene and that it's, after all, a Disney movie.

I wonder how it's described in the novelization...

Last edited:
:lol:  That debate again... 

I was initially #TeamThumbsUp... and after 3 watches... I'm still #TeamThumbsUp given the context of the scene and that it's, after all, a Disney movie.

I wonder how it's described in the novelization...

A thumbs up. Enjoyed reading it, felt like somethings were better illustrated with the words.

Like Kylo telling Rey "It is you." Shows me he knew exactly who she was.

When young Boba Fett tries to kill Mace Windu in Clone Wars then gets soft and becomes friends with all the other young clones :rofl:

I thought about doing that for my brother, but I didn't have access to a Blu-Ray burner so I just settled on putting it on a USB flash drive :lol:

Still great and far superior to the Blu-Ray/special editions.

"Far superior" lol...

It's funny to me because people want this "theatrical cut" yet the movie was getting edited and recut while still in theaters. There isn't one theatrical cut, and everybody is possibly talking about different versions even if they saw the movie when it originally released.

I swear people are just snobby and ***** about everything. The special editions hurt absolutely nothing as far as the story goes, and improve on digital effects.

Elitist Star Wars fans are the absolute worst. The movies were being changed from the get go, get over it. "Despeciized editions" lol. Lame as hell.

And before CP comes in here and goes on a snobby rant, just save it. I'm not going to read it.

Last edited:
IMO

ANH despecialized version is absolutely necessary and i thank Harmy and whoever for making it.

For ESB, i actually don't mind Lucas' bluray version because it has minimal changes from the theatrical and it keeps continuity by including ian McDiarmid's Emperor rather than the Emperor who looked like he just went 12 rounds vs. Apollo Creed

For RotJ, i prefer the despecialized version, only because i absolutely hate that CGI singing alien from Lucas' version. So damn cringeworthy.

I thought about doing that for my brother, but I didn't have access to a Blu-Ray burner so I just settled on putting it on a USB flash drive 
laugh.gif

The special editions do absolutely nothing as far as the story goes
this is exactly why they are total, pointless garbage

they dont do anything at all to improve upon or even add to the story, they are only there to serve as a distraction from the original film

its pretty much the same as when you are watching a terrible bootleg of a movie and since its being filmed in a theater, midway through the movie you see the outline of someone getting up and going to the bathroom.

I'm trying to watch this classic movie and some random cartoon character is walking in front of frame that doesnt look like it fits in at all.

there is no defending the changes, they are just awful and pointless 

I thought about doing that for my brother, but I didn't have access to a Blu-Ray burner so I just settled on putting it on a USB flash drive :lol:

"Far superior" lol...

It's funny to me because people want this "theatrical cut" yet the movie was getting edited and recut while still in theaters. There isn't one theatrical cut, and everybody is possibly talking about different versions even if they saw the movie when it originally released.

I swear people are just snobby and ***** about everything. The special editions hurt absolutely nothing as far as the story goes, and improve on digital effects.

Elitist Star Wars fans are the absolute worst. The movies were being changed from the get go, get over it. "Despeciized editions" lol. Lame as hell.

And before CP comes in here and goes on a snobby rant, just save it. I'm not going to read it.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Elitist George Lucas homers are the absolute worst. They ***** and go on snobby rants about everything. :lol:

Star Wars is bigger than George Lucas. Everyone can take from it what they will, you included. You want to back everything Lucas does, you have that right. Just as we have our right to view and read everything that Lucas isn't a part of.

I give you credit for havin his back so wholeheartedly tho. "I've never seen such devotion in a droid before"

The prequels are somewhat defendable, but a majority of the changes to the special editions are straight stupid. I mean the CGI is straight up trash.

Exhibit A:

No point in adding this scene to ANH, especially with that god awful CGI.

The prequels are somewhat defendable, but a majority of the changes to the special editions are straight stupid. I mean the CGI is straight up trash.

Exhibit A:

No point in adding this scene to ANH, especially with that god awful CGI.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Give me a ****** break. :lol:

I thought about doing that for my brother, but I didn't have access to a Blu-Ray burner so I just settled on putting it on a USB flash drive 
laugh.gif

"Far superior" lol...

Settle down, Beavis.. I didn't go on some major rant about how awful the Blu-Ray/special editions are or how Lucas is evil.

They improved on some  digital effets... and add a lot of unnecessary CGI and extras that don't do anything positive and no one wanted to see. I don't need to see extra CGI creatures throw into scenes, it's distracting, takes you out of the movie, and do nothing positive for the movie. Same as changing scenes like how they added that awful band in Jabba's palace with the CGI singers.. it made that scene worse in my opinion.

I don't mind some changes, like improving on sound effects or the improved picture, that's awesome.. but I don't need a new CGI explosion, I liked that you could see the original 70s/80s special effects. Some things I don't care if they improve, like in ANH they leave in a random blue spot in one scene that was just an error in the original release. They could have taken that out but the goal was to keep it as original as possible, so they kept it in. 

You complain about people being snobby and *****.. and then you go and do that exact same thing 
laugh.gif
 If there's a market for it, and their clearly is, I think it's cool that someone out there put in the work and effort to release a version that's as close to the originals as possible. Some don't care about that and are perfectly fine with the special editions and Blu-Rays, others want to see the original works. That's all. 

Last edited:
I understand the cgi looks dated now but when those special additions came out those effect were the pinniacle of what we could generate now i can only imagine when we're watching movies 20 years from now what we'll think of today's cgi

Last edited:

"Far superior" lol...

Elitist George Lucas homers are the absolute worst. They ***** and go on snobby rants about everything. :lol:

Star Wars is bigger than George Lucas. Everyone can take from it what they will, you included. You want to back everything Lucas does, you have that right. Just as we have our right to view and read everything that Lucas isn't a part of.

I give you credit for havin his back so wholeheartedly tho. "I've never seen such devotion in a droid before"
This wording from you and the attempt to flip things on dude got me like

View media item 1875115

Last edited:
I understand the cgi looks dated now but when those special additions came out those effect were the pinniacle of what we could generate now i can only imagine when we're watching movies 20 years from now what we'll think of today's cgi
great cgi stands the test of time

great practical effects stand the test of time

This came out in 1993 and it is just as moving as when it first game out. A lot of credit goes to how the director shot it, john williams and the great CGI

CGI from 97 looks a lot worse in 2007.. CGI in 2015 won't look as bad in comparison in 2025.. We've made huge leaps in technology and graphics.

great cgi stands the test of time

great practical effects stand the test of time

This came out in 1993 and it is just as moving as when it first game out. A lot of credit goes to how the director shot it, john williams and the great CGI

Include Terminator 2 as well... That's still one of the best looking movies every..

"Far superior" lol...

This wording from you and the attempt to flip things on dude got me like

View media item 1875115

:lol:

He's a good dude, I laughed that he was so lost in jumpin with both feet on J, he didn't even realize J is in no way a Star Wars snob, elitist, or Lucas basher. He just wanted to yell cuz someone pointed out there is better content available now without Lucas's stamp of approval.

So I flipped the same words his way, but changed Wars to Lucas. :lol: His rants and snobbish stuff is no different. Same as the way you mount a high horse for George anytime his name comes up. :lol:

I can't wait to get my copies of the despecialized versions. Going to be the crown jewels of my Blu Ray collection. :pimp:

but at the end of the day, while the special edition CGI is awful, the real reason its so bad is because of how the cgi is used.

with filmmaking its never about the tools, great filmmakers will find a way to make a great movie. It's about how the tools are used.

the special editions and prequels are just prime examples of a total lack of understanding of filmmaking and storytelling. 

people like to blame the overuse of CGI in the prequels but there was a lot of time, care and effort put into doing things practically as well

oi3w7odt.jpg

dukp3fjd.jpg

br2bef27.jpg

tnm6ixvo.jpg

lqtr29n5.jpg

suvc862b.jpg

xkihcq9i.jpg

3i39y2hu.jpg

7npnjq8e.jpg

p6tgbkmi.jpg

oz37kdmz.jpg

dpcxtpj2.jpg

image5.jpg

It's interesting to think about how behind every terrible movie like this, there are thousands of hard working people who are some of the best in the world at what they do creating awesome things. But all of it goes to waste with a poor directorial effort and lazy script. 

Back
Top Bottom