Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I swear to God if I ever meet Daisy in real life I will propose no matter the circumstance

My actual girlfriend could be right there. No damnsa

Last edited:
I get how a lot of people are saying Episode VII is really a remake of a ANH.

But honestly I don't care... JJ Abrams could have went into a totally different direction and everyone still wouldn't be pleased.

Rey character is basically a female version of Luke Skywalker .

From the first viewing I definitely drew obvious parallels between ANH and TFA but this felt different.

This is uncharted territory bros...

Seriously if George Lucas was anyway involved or attached to Episode VII. The movie would be ripped apart and trashed in reviews and by literally everyone right now :lol:

Last edited:
I'm gonna have to get some actual sleep and watch the movie again before i type up any kind of review, but overall it met my expectations.

Some minor gripes

-I wasn't completely happy with Finn's arc in the movie...was really hoping he would be a force sensitive. There could still be hope though so it'll be interesting to see where his character goes

-Captain Phasma was worthless

-the dialogue and scenes between Leia and Han was clunky and slightly cringe, especially when they were talking about Kylo. They could have found a better way to explain his betrayal

-Did not like Kylo getting washed by Rey at the end. It wasn't even close :lol:

-The final attack on Starkiller Base was wack to me. Zero tension and just felt tacked on because they needed their obligatory space battle. I was so checked out by the end that I didnt even realize Starkiller was destroyed.

They couldn't have at least had Phasma out there in a TIE fighter taking down some X-Wings and being some sort of threat to Poe like Vader was in ANH? Instead they had her being a joke :smh:

Last edited:
I'm gonna have to get some actual sleep and watch the movie again before i type up any kind of review, but overall it met my expectations.

Some minor gripes

-I wasn't completely happy with Finn's arc in the movie...was really hoping he would be a force sensitive. There could still be hope though so it'll be interesting to see where his character goes

-Captain Phasma was worthless

-the dialogue and scenes between Leia and Han was clunky and slightly cringe, especially when they were talking about Kylo. They could have found a better way to explain his betrayal

-Did not like Kylo getting washed by Rey at the end. It wasn't even close :lol:

-The final attack on Starkiller Base was wack to me. Zero tension and just felt tacked on because they needed their obligatory space battle. I was so checked out by the end that I didnt even realize Starkiller was destroyed.

They couldn't have at least had Phasma out there in a TIE fighter taking down some X-Wings and being some sort of threat to Poe like Vader was in ANH? Instead they had her being a joke :smh:

I was mad disappointed in Finn's character. I felt like Stromfront won in the end :rolleyes.

Kylo was injured so it made things more even.

Last edited:
Some of my gripes:

Kylo Ren taking off his mask scene was sort of a let down.Adam Driver playing him didn't really seem like a scary or menacing character compared to Vader and Darth Maul.

Supreme leader Snook also felt like something out of the movie Promethrus

'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' smashes 'Harry Potter' Thursday box office record

Star Wars" fans were out in full force Thursday night.

The long-awaited seventh film in the space saga -- "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" -- collected a record-smashing $57 million in ticket sales Thursday night in the United States and Canada.

That tops the previous record holder, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- Part 2," which grossed $43.5 million from Thursday shows in July 2011.

Box office analysts went into the weekend expecting the new "Star Wars" from director J.J. Abrams to gross $180 million to $220 million through Sunday in its domestic opening weekend.

It remains to be seen if "The Force Awakens" will top the record $209 million that "Jurassic World" opened with in June.

Lines stretched around the block between Thursday showings of "The Force Awakens" at TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood. Pre-sales for the movie hit a staggering $100 million.

The film began its international rollout Wednesday and has grossed $72.7 million overseas so far, bringing its global cumulative box office to $130 million.

Source:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...-awakens-early-box-office-20151218-story.html

QUESTION: You guys think Luke left the saber on purpose knowing that the force would naturally unite him with someone worthy?

Still parsecs better than...

Last edited:

I was mad disappointed in Finn's character. I felt like Stromfront won in the end
eyes.gif

Kylo was injured so it made things more even.
Yea that was probably my biggest issue too. Then Rey ends up serving him with ease while she wearing Yeezy gear in a blizzard 
sick.gif
. She tapped into her potential too quickly for me, but who knows she may end up being stronger than everybody

Yea that was probably my biggest issue too. Then Rey ends up serving him with ease while she wearing Yeezy gear in a blizzard :x . She tapped into her potential too quickly for me, but who knows she may end up being stronger than everybody

That annoyed the hell out of me. Like really? You're all of a sudden a lightsaber combat master who can just give errbody the work?

What did yall think of John Williams' score for the movie? It was just kinda there for me, he didnt really come thru with that one iconic theme like he did for each of the prequels. The theme at the Jedi Steps is probably my favorite.

^ Yeah, the themes didn't really stick.  In fact, The Phantom Menace soundtrack was more memorable for me. 

For those mad that Kylo caught the fade from Rey too easily here's - couple of points:

-- to start he was already injured. Bother physically and mentally. He just killed his pops. Now to someone who is fighting the call to the light, it's still draining.

-- he was arrogant just like Darth Maul. He believed he was the last force user, so the fact that Rey seemed more than force sensitive threw him off kilter. Also his arrogance coupled with his whiny behavior made him unfocused.

-- training. He destroyed the Jedi temple but what did he actually learn from Snoke? Sure he may have learned Darkside tricks but he was already adequately trained however he took a path to get to the Darkside which probably was rushed. His obsession with finding Luke might have blinded him from thinking his skills could be bested.

-- Rey is far from simply force sensitive but I don't want her to be bad ***** just because she may be Luke's daughter which I still hope is not the case. Although we get a flash of her being abandoned I think she was mind wiped and in fact dos have some Jedi training somewhere, somehow.

Back
Top Bottom