Star Wars Appreciation

Palpatine is easily my favorite character. Also Spike is appreciated for always having these marathons.

episode 1 was a huge waste

but darth maul
pimp.gif

incase you fools didnt know mace windu can defeat anyone in saber to saber combat

i know yall seen how he sonned the emperor and jango fett

and thats the same emperor that killed 3 jedi masters in like 15 seconds and sonned luke in return of the jedi

and thats the same jango fett that gave obi wan problems

favorite one is episode V - the empire strikes back - so awesome. closely followed by episode VI - return of the jedi. i'd vote jedi higher except for thedamn ewoks.

First trilogy is amazing.

Prequels are utter trash. They could have been so much better.

Padme - emotionless
Jar Jar - ******ed
Older Anakin - terrible
Younger Anakin - completely unbelievable

So many clunker lines in the third movie it's hard to count.

"You're so beautiful"
"It's only because I'm so in love"
"No, it's because I'm so in love with you"

%%#

just watch this, the guy is weird but funny and makes great points

http://www.youtube.com/v/FxKtZmQgxrI&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/FxKtZmQgxrI&hl=en_US&fs=1&

The acting in Ep I-III was terrible, but the Jedi Duels were epic. I would have liked to see Anakin battle Mace Windu in Ep. III.

back in the day I had so many Star Wars figurines & the n64 games

I still haven't seen the last one they made though
smh.gif

Originally Posted by GetYaShinebox

back in the day I had so many Star Wars figurines & the n64 games
I sold like 60 figures, my x-wing, my millenium falcon and a ton of other stuff for $30 about a year before the Phantom Menace came out.
frown.gif

return of the *%!$+%$ jedi
pimp.gif

star wars is the GOAT

i have all of them on tape and on dvd

i have loved return of the jedi since a child and to this day it is still one of my favorite movies

the Phantom Menace review by that random dude is actually a fantastic watch - he brings up really great points about the character development, storytelling,and everything else that went wrong with that movie (and the prequels in general), and he does it very intelligently.

STAR WARS (trilogy) holds a very special place in my heart, me and my bro were obsessed for quite some time in my youth. Travelled from NY to Indianapolis fora Star Wars convention, currently have a collection of toys/merch/memorabilia that rivals any collection on NT. I have meant to take pics for the longest timehopefully one day ill share on here.

main problem with the prequels is they don't follow the storytelling motifs of the original trilogy. Where the OGs are more of an adventure/coming ofage/epic-style story based on classic westerns and Kurosawa type films (samurai films in particular), the prequels tried for this political thing with anuneven story and boring undeveloped characters. really a shame.

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Originally Posted by Maelstroom

r00033_copy.jpg
r00034.jpg

30 bucks each though
eyes.gif

oh wow im not even that big of a fan but those are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
where can i cop?

Yo, I need one of these for the Nexus One, preferably a Boba Fett helmet one
grin.gif

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

main problem with the prequels is they don't follow the storytelling motifs of the original trilogy. Where the OGs are more of an adventure/coming of age/epic-style story based on classic westerns and Kurosawa type films (samurai films in particular), the prequels tried for this political thing with an uneven story and boring undeveloped characters. really a shame.

I blame GL's over reliance on Special Effects. He was so focused on new technology, henever gave the character's much soul. I wish somebody elsewould've directed the Prequels like ESB & RotJ.

i love star wars. but i hate episode III. i was damn near depressed for 2 days after seeing all those jedis getting killed off.

Originally Posted by kdawg

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

Episode III

pimp.gif
Seriously?

Not V? Not VI?

It's certainly the best of the prequels but it's no where near as good as the original trilogy.

I don't get how people get so confused with the numbers either - they go in chronological order - it's just that I,II and III were made later.

The more time goes on the more disappointed I am with the prequels too - they could have been fantastic but they just didn't do it. I and II should have been one movie, the start of Vader should have been II (with things like Anakin slaughtering the sandpeople) and then III could have been him actually becoming Vader and maybe some of the Clone Wars.

Episode III is the best of the 6 star wars movies.

The only good part of I was the final fight with Darth Maul and the only good part of II was Kamino.

IV was pretty good all around. V was hot and VI was good except for the Jabba scene and the Ewoks.

This is overdue! Original IV, V, VI sick, episode III when it all came together was amazing!

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Episode III

pimp.gif
Seriously?

Not V? Not VI?

It's certainly the best of the prequels but it's no where near as good as the original trilogy.

I don't get how people get so confused with the numbers either - they go in chronological order - it's just that I,II and III were made later.

The more time goes on the more disappointed I am with the prequels too - they could have been fantastic but they just didn't do it. I and II should have been one movie, the start of Vader should have been II (with things like Anakin slaughtering the sandpeople) and then III could have been him actually becoming Vader and maybe some of the Clone Wars.

The only good part of I was the final fight with Darth Maul and the only good part of II was Kamino.

IV was pretty good all around. V was hot and VI was good except for the Jabba scene and the Ewoks.

I agree. Loved the og trilogy and agree with all the love ESB gets, but my fave is definitely Ep. III.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Episode III

pimp.gif
Seriously?

Not V? Not VI?

You're crazy! There is no way Ep. III touches any of the original trilogy. Not even close. It was by far the best of the prequels and had somegreat scenes (you were my brother! particularly) but it had soooo many holes too.

Back
Top Bottom