Stafon Johnson is suing USC for accident.

Originally Posted by shogun

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by after h0urs

Can't blame Stafon, he needs to feed his family;
Then tell him to get a job instead of being a punk.
yeah, get a job like anyone else.  then use that money to go to the grocery and feed his family.
he went to college, use that degree to get a decent job if the nfl doesn't work out.

Truth.But chances are he didn't go to class much and his tutors did his homework

yeah, get a job like anyone else.  then use that money to go to the grocery and feed his family.
he went to college, use that degree to get a decent job if the nfl doesn't work out.

Truth.But chances are he didn't go to class much and his tutors did his homework

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Truth. But chances are he didn't go to class much and his tutors did his homework
That is his fault, not anyone elses. 

I think people in this country are too quick to turn around and start suing people. Its ridiculous. There is a risk every time you excercise.  I dont think anyone should be sued, but if someone has to take the blame, it should beYanchar and not the Univeristy. I wonder why he is going after USC? Because they have more money.    

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Truth. But chances are he didn't go to class much and his tutors did his homework
That is his fault, not anyone elses. 

I think people in this country are too quick to turn around and start suing people. Its ridiculous. There is a risk every time you excercise.  I dont think anyone should be sued, but if someone has to take the blame, it should beYanchar and not the Univeristy. I wonder why he is going after USC? Because they have more money.    

It's odd to me that Stafon didn't deem it necessary to mention neglect prior to filing this lawsuit.  Why file a lawsuit citing neglect nearly two years later? 

From what I heard on Sportcenter, the money their seeking in the lawsuit includes future earnings, really? It seems to me that it would have made more sense to petition the NCAA for an additional two years of eligibility after his throat injury occurred, since he was clearly injured performing his football duties.  That would have given him more time to raise his playing level and draft status. Perhaps he would have been drafted as opposed to signing a free-agent contract (and subsequently suffering a severe ankle injury). Hindsight is always 20/20 though.  

I don’t know though, there's been a lot of talk about perception and reality this week in sports.  I think the perception is that he's trying to get a few bucks.  Perhaps if this lawsuit was filed, let's say, sometime after the accident occurred, people would feel differently about it.

It's odd to me that Stafon didn't deem it necessary to mention neglect prior to filing this lawsuit.  Why file a lawsuit citing neglect nearly two years later? 

From what I heard on Sportcenter, the money their seeking in the lawsuit includes future earnings, really? It seems to me that it would have made more sense to petition the NCAA for an additional two years of eligibility after his throat injury occurred, since he was clearly injured performing his football duties.  That would have given him more time to raise his playing level and draft status. Perhaps he would have been drafted as opposed to signing a free-agent contract (and subsequently suffering a severe ankle injury). Hindsight is always 20/20 though.  

I don’t know though, there's been a lot of talk about perception and reality this week in sports.  I think the perception is that he's trying to get a few bucks.  Perhaps if this lawsuit was filed, let's say, sometime after the accident occurred, people would feel differently about it.

He should sue Pete Carroll too for negligence.  Homie refused to give him his share of reps.
30t6p3b.gif

He should sue Pete Carroll too for negligence.  Homie refused to give him his share of reps.
30t6p3b.gif

When you file suit you name as many as you can and then let the judge/lawyers throw them out. And the coach/weight guy will be covered under USCs policy since he is an employee so that is why they are named

When you file suit you name as many as you can and then let the judge/lawyers throw them out. And the coach/weight guy will be covered under USCs policy since he is an employee so that is why they are named

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

I don't see how anyone is saying this was Stafon's fault and he shouldn't sue. Benching is one of the most vulnerable positions for somebody to be in, if you are spotting someone you have to be just as attentive as they are.

Even if the bar did slip from his own hands, what was his spotter doing?his hands should have been right there to grab the bar and rack it. USC hired the trainer that was negligent, therefore they are at fault.

and for the record, USC didn't just give him a free education, he earned it.

Have you ever lifted weights before? 

2 people were spotting this guy

I don't see how anyone is saying this was Stafon's fault and he shouldn't sue. Benching is one of the most vulnerable positions for somebody to be in, if you are spotting someone you have to be just as attentive as they are.

Even if the bar did slip from his own hands, what was his spotter doing?his hands should have been right there to grab the bar and rack it. USC hired the trainer that was negligent, therefore they are at fault.

Now you dudes are going to have me looking at the many weight lifting mishaps on YouTube LOL. Damn some of those videos are NASTY

Now you dudes are going to have me looking at the many weight lifting mishaps on YouTube LOL. Damn some of those videos are NASTY

Originally Posted by cguy610

laugh.gif
watch the video again, the guy on the left in the white shirt clearly does not react quickly enough and the bar falls off balance and they are then unable to get it before it falls on the lifter. Had the guy on the left reacted as quickly as the one on the right, there would not have been a problem. Also, that is a competitive lift, Stafon was benching 275, a weight the spotter should definitely have been able to rack. As said before, a spotter should be making contact underneath the bar at all times.

Originally Posted by cguy610

laugh.gif
watch the video again, the guy on the left in the white shirt clearly does not react quickly enough and the bar falls off balance and they are then unable to get it before it falls on the lifter. Had the guy on the left reacted as quickly as the one on the right, there would not have been a problem. Also, that is a competitive lift, Stafon was benching 275, a weight the spotter should definitely have been able to rack. As said before, a spotter should be making contact underneath the bar at all times.

Back
Top Bottom