SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
venom + carnage just too popular

exceeding expectations, studio announced $40m, others xpected $50-$60m the most and its on track for $70m+

first one opened with $80m and thats before the pandemic and V2 still has a chance of getting there

1633196012514.jpeg

X-men syndrome

these movies will continue to be financially successful becuase there is no alternative.

sony will run venom to the ground and dillute the whole lore of the franchise by the time the rights ever revert back to the MCU

very unfortunate, I saw this coming when the first venom was announced with no MCU involvement….

I will continue to not support these movies and talk down on them any opportunity I get.

X-men syndrome

these movies will continue to be financially successful becuase there is no alternative.

sony will run venom to the ground and dillute the whole lore of the franchise by the time the rights ever revert back to the MCU

very unfortunate, I saw this coming when the first venom was announced with no MCU involvement….

I will continue to not support these movies and talk down on them any opportunity I get.
The rights to Venom will never revert back to Disney. Especially as long as Marvel continues to partner with Sony on Spider-Man.

Even then Marvel would do exactly what it did with X-Men and F4 and not make a movie for them a decade after getting the rights back just to wash the nasty taste out of our minds.

The best we can hope for is if Feige wants to do a MCU Venom appearance/feature where we'd get a Venom from another universe so they could do it right.

I really don't see Marvel doing anything with their versions of Flash for Anti-Venom or Ned as Hobgoblin. So maybe they just Sony have that with their batch of Spidey movies.

I still kinda think the plan is to keep the MCU Spidey and then let Sony create their own alt universe Spidey.

Indeed, partially why I used “ever” when referencing the rights.

it appears spidey will bounce back n fourth from MCU and SPCU and thats fine, I don’t watch any of the Sony flicks anyways….

now what would be a shame is if Venom or any of the sony properties also have the ability to make appearances in the MCU flicks :sick:

just keep venom and the rest of those goofy parodies of spider villains OUT THE MCU

I do see crossover potential with MORBIOUS, BLADE and SPIDERMAN….

MCU blade and MCU spidey crossover…..
DAEC1A9C-0590-4175-BFAA-92DB3F7D7166.gif

SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE Sequel's Title Has Reportedly Been Revealed

While there hasn't been an official announcement from Sony Pictures, a Linkedin listing from a CFX supervisor (via Cosmic Circus) who also worked on the first film refers to the sequel as Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse.

Back
Top Bottom