SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
RUMOR: Tom Holland’s SPIDER-MAN May Actually Appear Alongside Tom Hardy In VENOM

During his appearance on Collider Movie Talk earlier today, Jon Schnepp shared a pretty major bombshell about Holland's Spidey and according to his sources, “Spider-Man is going to be in Venom. For the last couple of months, we’ve been hearing how Sony is keeping it all separated, and Spider-Man is in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but every other character that’s in the Spider-Man universe is separate. All I’m saying is that Spider-Man—and I’m talking about Tom Holland’s Spider-Man—is going to be in Venom.” He adds that he doesn't expect his role to be major, but assures that he's heard from reliable sources that Tom Holland will, in fact, appear in some capacity as Spider-Man in Venom.

:lol: Never did believe Spidey wasn't gonna show up

This...

No way Sony won’t be using their character in the film based on that same characters villain...Even if it’s just a quick shot on the news or something he’ll be in the movie...

Wasn’t it rumored a while ago that this version of Eddie Brock leaves New York specifically to get away from Spider Man?

deleted IG spoils...

Venom-Tom-Hardy-Carnage.jpg

I always felt as though there was no way Sony could do Venom without Spider-Man but now I’m curious as to what capacity. If you’re showing the symbiote with Spider-Man like powers doest the symbiote touch Peter at some point? Venom does come out after Infinity War :nerd:

Also, the rumor mill is up in chatter. Supposedly the Spider-Man sequel is doing principal filming in Europe....

Prediction...Peter picks up the Symbiote in Infinity War, deals with that problem in the Homecoming Sequel...Venom movie takes place well after those movies...

Can’t see how they’d have the Symbiote with Spider Mans powers and abilities without it ever having contact with Peter...

They have the potential here to do a really, really, really good origin story.

This is why Spiderman 3 sucked so much. Sony was like okay we've got the characters and special effects, that's all we need. They put almost nothing into the story. Well it turns out that story did matter.

apparently Holland filming scenes doesn't necessarily mean it's as Spidey...

Schnepp remained adamant that Tom Holland would appear in the spin-off, but not in his red 'n blue underoos.

“Tom Holland was on set filming scenes on Venom for at least two days as Peter Parker. Ok, so I’m not saying that Spider-Man is in the film. When I say that Tom Holland’s Spider-Man is in the film, I’m saying ‘Peter Parker is in the film. This is a cameo. I don’t know what it is. I didn’t read the script.”

The only way I can see it only being Peter Parker is if the Daily Bugle is introduced but being that this film is based off of lethal enforcer, it couldn’t be for long. Regarding, Disney is well aware of the popularity of Venom and want the merchandising.

We just got a bonus MCU film boys :nthat:

The seeming age discrepancy between Peter and Eddie bothers me...But If Sony is setting this movie further in the future they could kind of explain that away too...

Peter Parker in the Venom movie will be one that’s out of High School, already working at the Bugle, and will have already had his issues with the Symbiote...At least that’s what it seems like should be the logical angle...

Marvel did change up enough things in Homecoming to make their Spider Man universe just a little off from what we know...Who’s to say Sony won’t be tweaking Eddie Brock and Venom in the same way...

The seeming age discrepancy between Peter and Eddie bothers me...But If Sony is setting this movie further in the future they could kind of explain that away too...

Peter Parker in the Venom movie will be one that’s out of High School, already working at the Bugle, and will have already had his issues with the Symbiote...At least that’s what it seems like should be the logical angle...

Marvel did change up enough things in Homecoming to make their Spider Man universe just a little off from what we know...Who’s to say Sony won’t be tweaking Eddie Brock and Venom in the same way...
My thoughts too, but we know Sony can butcher stuff. Remembering that interview with Pascal and Feige, when she said that Venom sort of takes place in the MCU. That face Kevin Feige was making along with that gulp was very telling. I'm leaning more on the OMG she bout to EFF up my MCU side but I don't think Marvel would make an oversight that big. I'm sure there's a plan and Marvel is overseeing this stuff. But until it's clarified, I'm treating this like GT to DBZ, it's not canon in my eyes

That would be cool if the events after IW, A4, and Homecoming 2 coincides with the storyline in Venom.

apparently Holland filming scenes doesn't necessarily mean it's as Spidey...
That doesn't really matter.

At this point I'm expecting a Spidey montage of him getting and ditching the suit at the beginning of the movie or when the symbiote shows Brock some of its memories.

Back
Top Bottom