SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
nailed it.. :lol:

How much will the blu-ray cost on Black Friday? :nerd: Want to see if it's worth copping then than now.

They don't say and the director won't explain.

Rhys Ifans (the actor who played Connors) said it's a representative of Osborn. And since the next villain is supposed to be Electro, and the mysterious man appeared and disappeared when lightning struck, it's a strong possibility.

God I hope it's not Electro I'd rather it be the Hobgoblin or even Doc Ock even though he was in the previous series. Unless they take a LOT of liberties with Electro he's gonna suck :rolleyes

This version of Electro >>>>>> the one with the yellow fishnet :lol:

I hope that hoody is not part of his look...I rather see him a'la Dr. Manhattan

This version of Electro >>>>>> the one with the yellow fishnet
laugh.gif

I hope that hoody is not part of his look...I rather see him a'la Dr. Manhattan
I will PS one by the end of the day that I'd expect ...this hoody BETTER not be the extent of Electro's costume, bad enough they cast a black guy to play the role...I hate when they do that.

Obviously this is a rough draft in between working on some documents for work but something stylized for 2013 shouldn't have been hard to do.
That blue looks cheap and awful. 

I will PS one by the end of the day that I'd expect ...this hoody BETTER not be the extent of Electro's costume, bad enough they cast a black guy to play the role...I hate when they do that.
Can't tell if serious about a "black guy" comment

Can't tell if serious about a "black guy" comment
Serious, would you have Bradley Cooper play Kunta Kinte in Roots? Or Jeremy Piven play The Black Panther, a 200 pound Wakandan from Africa? Why have Jamie Foxx or Idris Elba play white men and Greek gods? To me this undermines African American's efforts to create our own identity.

Imagine if Blade was white? ... it's just not cool to be placated over such small things. As if blacks don't have white heroes. Or whites don't have black heroes.

you do realize there are other versions of the character. They probably are going for this

or this

I could go on

and stop using that old kunte kinte excuse. it makes you sound dumb

Last edited:
Serious, would you have Bradley Cooper play Kunta Kinte in Roots? Or Jeremy Piven play The Black Panther, a 200 pound Wakandan from Africa? Why have Jamie Foxx or Idris Elba play white men and Greek gods? To me this undermines African American's efforts to create our own identity.

Imagine if Blade was white? ... it's just not cool to be placated over such small things. As if blacks don't have white heroes. Or whites don't have black heroes.
Once again can't tell if srs
Blade, kunta kinte are mad extreme my dude and not even good arguements
Happy to see a diversified cast instead of the same white guy playing bad guys that were actually asian, East Asian, etc...
Ie Liam neeson, Ben Kingsley
This isn't the first time a black guy played a marvel character(Michael Clark Duncan was actually a good kingpin), and Jamie's acting prowess is should be awesome for this role
I beat you were one of those guys that was against Donald glover being Spider-Man,lol
Edit: I am just glad black actors( even though Hollywood has made this pool small) are getting some kind of chance in a summer blockbuster

Last edited:
^^ dude I can't even
You are comparing Real life to fiction
Either you are truly trolling or you on some Clayton Bigsby ish
Race once again derails a thread smh

^^ dude I can't even
You are comparing Real life to fiction
Either you are truly trolling or you on some Clayton Bigsby ish
Race once again derails a thread smh
What;a Clayton Bigsby about Idris playing a Viking god Heimdall? Or Michael Clark Duncan playing Wilson Fisk? 

There ARE black super heroes ...why not offer Idris the part of Luke Cage?  Or Jamie? Jaime would've made a dope Tombstone I think.
Every time one of these white roles are given to blacks out of sympathy or industry politics 1) it alters the perception of timeless heroes and villains 2) it lessens their chance of being cast for a role of ACTUAL black Marvel characters....none of those Ultimate Universe  placation either

Blade, Falcon, Cloak, Tombstone, Luke Cage, Black Panther, and Brother Voodoo who was actual a dope concept. Not to mention the characters who can be portrayed by blacks, like The Rock could play Apocalypse or Thanos.

Man aint nobody sitting in a theatre like "man i cant believe they made heimdall black". sit down.

^^^^still why can't Jaime play this role
So we should only be obligated to be "black superheroes or villains "
This type of thinking really perplexes me
I call it the" Kendrick Lamar" effect
We finally have opportunities or somebody who is bringing substance but its still not good enough
Lets face it unless will smith, etc fund these movies( black panther, Luke cage, a whole storm origin, bishop,etc) they will not be made and the general public has no intrigue in those characters
But at the same time why can't we except roles that are generally given to white males
So that makes Jaime a Uncle Tom, your arguement is valid to an extent about race in hollywood but for him or any other minority actor to not take this role and put a different spin on it would be stupid and reckless
Have you even read the new Spider-Man universe or marvel universe, it's the best representation of what the nation is( nick fury is black now, way before Samuel Jackson) now
So you are telling me you complain about black actors not getting jobs but they should turn down jobs because it was a traditional white character
That type of thinking has destroyed the black community, all honesty that is some crab in a bucket thinking
Jaime excellent actor=fact
Glad it's a new approach... Will watch

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom