SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
The 3D was good, great for a few scenes but not absolutely necessary.

Seeing it in IMAX is worth it for sure, but the theater by me only had the IMAX 3D showing and not just IMAX.

I only watch 3D Imax if regular Imax isn't available which happens a lot 
grin.gif
.  I hate wearing those stupid, ill fitting glasses.  

Watched it, enjoyed it
Spoiler [+]
I think guy at the end is Norman
I liked that they included web shooters
Didn't really cover spider sense
Emma Stone could get the D

On the post-credits scene via MTV

Spoiler [+]
Well ... alive, but maybe not well. The final scene of "Spider-Man," occurring mid-credits, shows Connors incarcerated in a maximum security setting, where he's paid a visit by a mystery man who apparently has inside info on Papa Parker's great disappearing act. That's more information than any of us have, of course; we're sure we're not alone in having left the theater wondering aloud, "What just happened?" But don't bother asking Webb that question; the filmmaker is keeping his lips sealed.
"We wanted to convey that there were more forces at work than you may have initially thought," the director told MTV News about the post-credits scene. "That's all I can say about that. But I invite speculation. I think it's very fun and interesting to listen to."

When asked the same question, Ifans gave a more direct, if not entirely revealing, answer. "Connors is sent to an asylum, a high-security asylum, as you would be if you threw police towers across the Brooklyn Bridge," he said of the scene. "And he's visited by, shall we say, a representative from Oscorp. How he gets into that cell and how he leaves that cell without the guards knowing? We have yet to find out."

Speculation surrounding the "representative's" identity has ranged from the likes of Mysterio and Elektro to the most obvious candidate, Norman Osborn, who plays a big (albeit unseen) role in "Amazing Spider-Man." Neither Webb nor Ifans would confirm the character's identity, though the director did acknowledge that the film features a brief glimpse at Osborn during one early scene.

"There is a silhouette on a display as Peter enters Oscorp, which reads, 'Our founder, Norman Osborn,' " he said. "There is a back story to that ... which I will not reveal to you!"

Though questions still surround the post-credits character's identity, Webb was quick to caution that this figure might not necessarily play a central villain role in the next "Spider-Man" movie. "I am not going to go that far," he said, "but certainly [he] will play a role in the future, in some fashion or another."http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1689023/amazing-spider-man-post-credits.jhtml

On the post-credits scene via MTV

Spoiler [+]
Well ... alive, but maybe not well. The final scene of "Spider-Man," occurring mid-credits, shows Connors incarcerated in a maximum security setting, where he's paid a visit by a mystery man who apparently has inside info on Papa Parker's great disappearing act. That's more information than any of us have, of course; we're sure we're not alone in having left the theater wondering aloud, "What just happened?" But don't bother asking Webb that question; the filmmaker is keeping his lips sealed.
"We wanted to convey that there were more forces at work than you may have initially thought," the director told MTV News about the post-credits scene. "That's all I can say about that. But I invite speculation. I think it's very fun and interesting to listen to."

When asked the same question, Ifans gave a more direct, if not entirely revealing, answer. "Connors is sent to an asylum, a high-security asylum, as you would be if you threw police towers across the Brooklyn Bridge," he said of the scene. "And he's visited by, shall we say, a representative from Oscorp. How he gets into that cell and how he leaves that cell without the guards knowing? We have yet to find out."

Speculation surrounding the "representative's" identity has ranged from the likes of Mysterio and Elektro to the most obvious candidate, Norman Osborn, who plays a big (albeit unseen) role in "Amazing Spider-Man." Neither Webb nor Ifans would confirm the character's identity, though the director did acknowledge that the film features a brief glimpse at Osborn during one early scene.

"There is a silhouette on a display as Peter enters Oscorp, which reads, 'Our founder, Norman Osborn,' " he said. "There is a back story to that ... which I will not reveal to you!"

Though questions still surround the post-credits character's identity, Webb was quick to caution that this figure might not necessarily play a central villain role in the next "Spider-Man" movie. "I am not going to go that far," he said, "but certainly [he] will play a role in the future, in some fashion or another."http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1689023/amazing-spider-man-post-credits.jhtml

Originally Posted by quik1987

Spoiler [+]
Didn't really cover spider sense

Spoiler [+]
They did, in the train fight scene. Seems like it was his Spidey senses that pretty much avoids and attacks back.

They even showed hims re-acting to the water droplet from the bottle on his forehead when he was sleeping.

It wasn't direct but they certainly represented and introduced it there.

Seen it last night. Solid movie. Only thing it was lacking was that famous uncle Ben speech. "With great power..."

Originally Posted by gentry187

Seen it last night. Solid movie. Only thing it was lacking was that famous uncle Ben speech. "With great power..."

I was waiting for it too. thought he would say it when parker listened to the whole voicemail unk Ben left.

I also thought he was going to say it in the voicemail.
It would of felt so forced, but I still wanted to hear it
laugh.gif

Saw it and thought it was phenomenal. Personally thought it was way better than Spiderman 1. Garfield and Stone made this movie much more enjoyable than Toby and Kirsten. Cannot wait for the sequel.

Garfield nailed this. I found myself enjoying Peter Parker more than Spiderman at some points. I think the Rhino will be in the next movie, as well as the Goblin. Third movie would hopefully be a venom/carnage story. They may use Vulture though. I'm guessing they're going to avoid using the same villains as the other Spiderman's.
Those are just my hopes and speculations of course.

Left the theater wishing I had spider powers
30t6p3b.gif

This would have been on TDK level if it had to little things Raimi's first Spiderman had.

The score, the wait to reveal he is spiderman, the famous words he lives by "With great power..., and a little more time developing himself as Spiderman.

They breezed through some stuff from the comics which should have been a little noted.

Overall it was great and the way they do Spiderman now is 'Amazing' his fighting Web Slinging the whole 9. Garfield is that dude because he took the role serious and is a Spidey fan from childhood.

No need for an Avengers crossover just keep making Spidey films, like Batman he has rich villians that will make great movies. Webb, don't mess this up.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

I also thought he was going to say it in the voicemail.
It would of felt so forced, but I still wanted to hear it
laugh.gif
they had a small conversation about Responsibility, though. Was good enough for me. 
laugh.gif

Did he ever catch the guy that gave uncle ben the fade?

*Spoiler*
At the ending when he's in his room listening to the voicemail form Uncle Ben, the wanted poster of the murderer is still pinned on his bulletin board. They don't see each other in the movie after he robs the store and throws him the chocolate milk.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Forgot this even came out yesterday, will check out tomorrow on my day off.

Is 3D worth it?

the only D spidy needs is 2 of em
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by zube42

Did he ever catch the guy that gave uncle ben the fade?

*Spoiler*
At the ending when he's in his room listening to the voicemail form Uncle Ben, the wanted poster of the murderer is still pinned on his bulletin board. They don't see each other in the movie after he robs the store and throws him the chocolate milk.
He will probably end up being turned in to one of the bad guys... like i said earlier most of spideys villians were street punks that were picked up and given the experimental stuff to

saw it yesterday with my son, thought it was ok.

felt too rushed, also didn't like how easily he reveals himself. why wear a mask then if you're gonna take it off every 5 minutes .

other than those sour old guy gripes i enjoyed it .........

Back
Top Bottom