SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
gonna watch it this weekend
pimp.gif

I enjoyed the movie very much... and I might even like it more than the OG Spiderman, which is saying alot because that was my childhood, saw that thing 3 times in the theaters my Freshman year of Highschool... I just remember that the OG Spiderman 1 and 2 was so cheesy sometimes - Macy Gray performance, citizens of NY subway standing up to Doc Oc, upsidedown kissing scene was off (maybe because of Miss Snaggletooth)
no on to more serious matters:

Spoiler [+]
Do you guys think they're going to off Gwen Stacy?? I mean it played such a huge role in the history of comics, I feel that they have to. 
And for the casual fans/chicks in the theaters, they're going to be in for one hell of a surprise - which usually leads to better reactions from the crowd[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].[/font]

p.s. Yes I edited this mad times.. I couldn't get the spoiler thing to work lol

^
Isn't Spiderman supposed to be cheesy though?  I'm not a comicbook reader but I remember the cartoon on Fox having some cheese.

It was weird not seeing the Daily Bugle, J. Jonah Jameson, or MJ in this movie.  But I like that it's different.

Originally Posted by shogun

It was weird not seeing the Daily Bugle, J. Jonah Jameson, or MJ in this movie.  But I like that it's different.

I could have sworn the reporter in the helicopter was a young JJJ, iirc he had white hair but not no mustache.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Acting was superb, Garfield was still difficult to be taken as a nerd just by his looks but his acting chops far exceeds Tobeys. His awkward mannerisms were also pretty good.
I dunno, he looks like the typical nerd to me.  Looks like all the dorky guys I knew in high school and college.

Nah, to me he looks like a typical cool kid and even with the skateboard he has that hipster, bummy gq look. He even has that Robert Pattinson hair while Maguire has the nerdy side split comb over hair. When Garfield had his contacts on as Peter he looked like the cool kid in HS, he became much more nerdy once the film got going but as I said, at first glance and just looking at him (especially w/o glasses) and he doesn't look dorky at all. 
2z8cg9l.jpg

^
Isn't Spiderman supposed to be cheesy though?  I'm not a comicbook reader but I remember the cartoon on Fox having some cheese.

gritty and realistic is just the thing now. In the 90's, flamboyant batman movies were the thing, then it changed. But the thing is, you can find almost any comic book character in cheesy or serious comics. Thats why I dont like when people say something is cheesy, as if there is a definitive representation of a 50 year old character

So that jail cell scene was the only end credit scene, nothing after? It was odd they showed it earlier than usual before the cast credits rolled up. Aint eem mad hate waiting til the tape runs out before they show it.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

So that jail cell scene was the only end credit scene, nothing after? It was odd they showed it earlier than usual before the cast credits rolled up. Aint eem mad hate waiting til the tape runs out before they show it.
Yeah, I hate when you have to wait an extra 7-8 minutes for the credits to end to see an additional scene.  It's torture since I usually have to go to the bathroom 
mad.gif
.  All films need to show it after the names of the main cast are shown.

I missed out on the Avengers post credit scene (where they were all eating) because I thought the Thanos in the mid-credits was it. So I stayed after the credits for this film and nothing.

Just got back from the IMAX 3D showing.. I loved it.

The only part where it was painfully obvious as a viewer that we've seen this before was Uncle Ben dying. It's kind of hard to give that a new spin so I understand.. but that didn't have any emotional impact on me. Garfield did a great job as Peter.. I still like Tobey but I didn't find myself thinking back to the original Spiderman or making comparisons while watching, so I think that's a good sign.

The action was great, all the fight scenes were done really well and considering Webb's previous film didn't have any action, I'm impressed. Emma Stone... why must you dress like that
30t6p3b.gif
she was worth the price of admission by herself. It wasn't perfect, but done well enough to satisfy me. I'm greatly looking forward to where they go with a sequel now that they've covered the origins.

It was a good watch but Spiderman 1 was way better imo. This felt a little 'forced' if you know what I mean, whereas Spiderman 1 truly felt like a projection of the comic book. 
Btw, the lizard didn't look anything like he did in the comics 
30t6p3b.gif

RCK, def check this out in 3d

Gonna watch it later today, had low expectations for a while but it appears from this board and reviewers I trust that it's pretty good.

I missed out on the Avengers post credit scene (where they were all eating) because I thought the Thanos in the mid-credits was it. So I stayed after the credits for this film and nothing.
Damn, I don't remember if I saw that eating scene.

On to the Amazing Spider-Man,

I'm not film critic or movie buff, but I completely enjoyed the film. I thought it was great. I went in to the film with low expectations, and came out thoroughly enjoyed.

Any one else think Emma Stone looks way better as a blonde? She looked like an AWG to me when she had red hair,but during this movie I was like 
devil.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Should I see this in 3d

I should've saved a few bucks and watch it in standard def. But these days if they offer in 3D you have to watch it.

Originally Posted by MeloManFan

It was a good watch but Spiderman 1 was way better imo. This felt a little 'forced' if you know what I mean, whereas Spiderman 1 truly felt like a projection of the comic book. 
Btw, the lizard didn't look anything like he did in the comics 
30t6p3b.gif

RCK, def check this out in 3d

Spoiler [+]
spidey6.jpg

Should I see this in 3d

I should've saved a few bucks and watch it in standard def. But these days if they offer in 3D you have to watch it.
That's how I feel too..... but I can only catch a showing between 9-10
laugh.gif
since I have work 12-12 everyday till Sunday
frown.gif
and the only showings that play around then is the standard def showings

Originally Posted by MeloManFan

Any one else think Emma Stone looks way better as a blonde? She looked like an AWG to me when she had red hair,but during this movie I was like 
devil.gif
I like her better as a red head (Zombieland was the film that completely made me a fan) but she's naturally a blonde, thank Judd Apatow for her constantly dying her hair red.

Should I see this in 3d

That's how I feel too..... but I can only catch a showing between 9-10
laugh.gif
since I have work 12-12 everyday till Sunday
frown.gif
and the only showings that play around then is the standard def showings

Simply put, no. There were only a handful of scenes where stuff was thrown at you or made you feel as if you're actually in the movie.
I saw it in SD and I don't regret it at all. Glad I saved myself the extra $.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Spoiler [+]
If that is in fact true, then the only real clue is Norman Osborne. 

Other than that, Rhino might make an appearance since in the lab when Peter snuck for the tour when the hologram of different animals came up, there was a rhino figure on the bottom left.

i agree.. would put my thoughts, but cant figure out how to do a spoiler

xpwlxf.jpg
Spoiler [+]
i assume it's norman osborne AFTER he would have been given whatever to make him 'better'.. when the indian guy comes in to talk with connors he references how osborne is sick and the lack of time afforded to him to come up with something.. and really that's the only other villian referred to by name.. so i assume him in the cell he's already going crazy in the head..

i assume the parker reference is because osborne knows parker was visiting  oscorp and helping connors out.. and osborne would have played a roll in whatever happened with his parents

Back
Top Bottom