(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

wasnt she speaking more generally about the family/dynasty? Someone re-watch and confirm.

Side note does anyone else hate how badly the show's mismanaged the iron born?

Highlighted by the clown failed rescue scene.

I for one am not an ironborn fan, probably my least favorite family. (2nd to Targs)
but even I recognize they have been shafted this show. It's a travesty honestly. I can't believe they're doing them dirty like that and that rescue scene was dumb...

but I want to see Stannis catch up to Yara (I think that will be this or next season)

People think D and D are just nerfing families/characters they dislike and tried to do the same to Stannis until they saw the fan fervor for him.

Just like in the books, Stannis grew on people though. I dont think it's a surpise of Stannis position.

sld;kjfalsk;djf;alskdfja;slkdjf;alskdjf;aslkdfja;lskdfja;sdlkfja;slkdfja;slkdfjas;ldkfjas;dlkfjas;dlkfjas;ldkfja;sdlkfja;sldkfj;asldkjfa;sldkfj;asdkfja;sdlkfja;sdkfjas;dlkfjas;dklfjas

Mance had to have written it. Why would anyone else but him ask for Val and her son? No one cares about the wildlings south of the wall. 

Fhxfhbdxgjxtuxtutdutxjtxjtcicyitxjtxixgxuutjtxxjtjfxjtjxtjjxtjtxjtxjtxjxthtx
My first thought was that Mance wrote it.

Last edited:
*randomly types letters to avoid spoilers for non-book readers*

I for one am not an ironborn fan, probably my least favorite family. (2nd to Targs)

I actually really like the Targs mainly because I'm a huge fan of Rhaegar.

People think D and D are just nerfing families/characters they dislike and tried to do the same to Stannis until they saw the fan fervor for him.

I have a feeling Stannis dies this season for some reason.

The Targs are the second most interesting family to me. Well maybe third (behind the Starks and Lannisters).

I think the theory about Tyrion being a Targ is great

But such a reach

The theory's one of the more reasonable ones, though... And it's supported by textual clues.

I'm not saying I believe it. Really the only one I buy right now is R+L=J, but I don't really understand how some on this page feel it's a huge reach?

*randomly types letters to avoid spoilers for non-book readers*

Atl Shift X's video on Azor Ahai made me believer that Tyrion & Jon are both Targs AND the savior(s) of the realm along with Dany.

The fact that all three of their mother's died at childbirth among other coincidences had me sold.

With that said, GRRM most likely will throw a curve ball in TWoW just to mess with us because that’s what he does best. R+L=J is almost too perfect.

He's already said he came up with a great twist and that it's too late to include in the show

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I caught the allusion to Tyrion being a secret Targ, although I'm not necessarily 100% all in with that as opposed to R+L=J.

It would fit in with the three headed dragon theory being Dany, Jon and Tyrion.

As for the ironborn, those chapters dragged for me. Damphair, Victarion and Yara POVs didn't really interest me until Yara got caught by Stannis. Ol Vic's is all woe is me, my big brother keeps sonning me but I'm gonna get Dany and a dragon. FOH, next.

Yaras chaps were not as bad as the others.

I believe the tyrion is a targ more than r+l =j

People keep talking that evidence talk but no one has perfectly matched up time lines nor events that arent speculated..

At least with tyrion being Aerys the time line matches much better from aerys wanting to ravage tywins wife.

GRRM is damned if he does damned if e doesnt at this point. The books have taken so long to come out. And people have pretty much in their mind have taken a lot of these theories and put them as fact. That theyre going to be upset no matter what.
And if r +l =j isnt the answer people are going to want concrete details as to why.

The wild thing about it though. He doesnt even need to answer the question at all....the way jons story has been going theres no real reason as to why we need to know if hes a targ or not especially considering at this rate he'll have no reason to meet up or even join Dany. What we know is hes a stark. He looks like ned. And he has warged.

Idk why people think a dragon is going to scoop in and pick jon up so he can take the iron throne with dany.....

The ice dragon theory is much better imo

adslfjalkdjfl;asdjf;lakjdsf;alkdsjf;alksdkf;jkjfd;lkjaf;lkjfdd;lkjaffdfdajfalfdsaljfdlkjlkjalkjdf;lkjs;fjalksd;kjflkasj;fdlkasdjf;lkasdfj;alksdjf;alkdsf;alskdfj;aslkfdjasdlkfjaslfkja;sdlfjk;asadf

Tdogg2k will fight against  r+l=j till the end 
laugh.gif
, but its all good. It makes this discussion more interesting. 

I personally like the Dany and Jon switcheroo theory, but I know that isn't going to be the case. I just think it would be a better story.

r+l=j has way more concrete evidence than the Tyrion theory lets be real....and the ice dragon theory.....come on. You can't buy that over r+l=J.

vnanoienoienvoiunsiubvu;anvo;anvuibna;b

I think with the recent inclusion with Littlefinger and Sansa in the crypt that it almost confirms the theory, you can see peter wants to correct Sansa when she says he kidnapped her but doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom