(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

No offense... But I'll rely on the serious nerds that studied the books like a college course. Lol

In all seriousness, the excerpts I've read from message boards and such has led me to totally believe in the r+l=j theory

Another factor in me being all in is that the producers of the tv show guessed the identity of Jon's mother based solely off the existing material.

So all the clues are there, too late for a curve ball.

How long Lyanna was locked up hasnt been talked about.
We don't know she was locked up, that's just from Robert's half-drunken rambles.

If my girl fell for & took the D[ragon] from a dude as wavy as Rhaegar, best believe I'd tell people that handsome bastard kidnapped, raped, and locked her up.

lol I am one of those serious nerds. I've read the books more than twice been on all the fan boards...
r+l=j. just seems more and more off to me. he's a stark no doubt about it. but lets not forget it was theorized brandon did the chick from dorne.

rhaegar a true targareon wouldve had the silver hair like dany and viserys and egg.
tyeres no sign of that blood in him.

brandon on the hand was with a chick with dark hair also

No offense... But I'll rely on the serious nerds that studied the books like a college course. Lol

In all seriousness, the excerpts I've read from message boards and such has led me to totally believe in the r+l=j theory

Another factor in me being all in is that the producers of the tv show guessed the identity of Jon's mother based solely off the existing material.

What do you mean by the producers guessed the identity of Jon's mother?

I done think it's ever too late to throw a curve ball in GOT

If the R+L=J isn't true I wouldn't be surprised

exactly.
were talking about the same author who said this
"I like to be unpredictable, and I don't write happy stories"
plus every aspect o f this story has had a reason. and lead to a reaction.
what good does r+l = j. really do story wise... Jon would still have no claim to any land (still).
mayyyyybe.. having blood of dragon could make him a rider. but the dragons are unpredictable. wouldn't make him take dany as a wife..

I just don't see that anymore

Jon would have more of a claim to the Iron Throne than anyone but Dany though if he was Rhaegar's bastard.

It would also have implications on the dragon prophecies.

I haven't looked at the timeline but maybe they had a relationship prior to the tournament. Lyanna being bedridden and covered in blood dying was a major clue. Not sure what other circumstance she would be in that condition unless someone stabbed her but she was in Rhaegar's tower being guarded by his Kingsguard. I do agree that GRRM might throw in some sort of twist or a really crazy curveball that makes everyone's prediction off. Like Aerys was the one who impregnated Lyanna or Rhaegar is the father but she popped out a dragon egg with Jon inside. He's only half dragon so he's still susceptible to fire.

Right, "Aegon" has the best claim of anyone. Which is why I believe Varys has always wanted Dany dead.

If Aegon is who he says he is

I think Aegon's story is true

But people are also saying that it could be Varys making stuff up

I have learned that anything goes in GOT so nothing really surprises me

GRRM and D&D have both said in interviews that the only reason he gave them permission to produce the television show was because they guessed her identity correctly.

So because that took place even before ADWD came out... I'd say all the evidence is right there in the first book.

And ditto on the timeline of the whole rebellion.

It was a long time in that tower

And in r+l=j scenario, doesn't mean the kid has to have targ features. He is half stark

And what do you guys mean Jon snow being a targ would have no effect on the story? Dude would be a targ!!! A valid claim to the throne.

Also... IMO ... New aegon is 100% fraud

Last edited:
It would be interesting how he would find out. Who is alive right now that would know? Maybe Bran is curious and would do one of those flashback visions and see. Or Melisandre has a vision.

GRRM and D&D have both said in interviews that the only reason he gave them permission to produce the television show was because they guessed her identity correctly.

So because that took place even before ADWD came out... I'd say all the evidence is right there in the first book.

ADWD came out in 2011
AFoC came out in 2005
ASoS came out in 2000.

Game of thrones TV show came out 2011.

He had been working on ADWD way before the show was even thought about... thats sort of irrelevant but if you read the changes in the 1st book compared to the others. I think GRRM himself doesn't know where he is going to take some of these stories.

the show has also influenced some of his decisions for the next book coming out.. GRRM has said A few characters will get a little more Shine.

Neither here nor there.

Basically I don't trust GRRM period.

and that theory is way to easy..

If anything the guy Arya talked to may of told more about the story concerning jon. the wet nurse would've been in kings landing, where Brandon was. not Lyanna.
someone wouldve notice rhaegar or any of his guards bringing back a kid.. and if she was in bed bleeding and sickly.. where was the kid. you think it was delivered while there was a war outside her walls?

It would be interesting how he would find out. Who is alive right now that would know? Maybe Bran is curious and would do one of those flashback visions and see. Or Melisandre has a vision.

Howland Reed is the only other survivor who was with him

I was wondering too how that information was going to come out

Yeah, Howland is still a background character so we'll see if he makes an appearance. He must've been a badass if he survived the fight with the kingsguard.

Howland may have like powers where he can see a little in future, which makes him a great fighter.

Interesting new theory
People are theorizing Jon could actually be.
sdfja;klfjas;ljf;aldsf
djklafjd;lajfklas;jfda
dsaklfdja;ljfasd;f

Jon Snow really is. And that is he is the real Aegon Targaryen. Seeing how Varys admitted that he switched the babies during the sacking of Kings Landing and Tyrion had also that Conningtons boy looks nothing of Rheagars likeness in ADWD, and that he may actually be the mummers farce. Where as Jon has been kept in secret of his true identity and that part of Lyannas promise was that Ned would keep the boy safe at all cost.

This was quoted from the site.

Interesting new theory
People are theorizing Jon could actually be.
sdfja;klfjas;ljf;aldsf
djklafjd;lajfklas;jfda
dsaklfdja;ljfasd;f

Jon Snow really is. And that is he is the real Aegon Targaryen. Seeing how Varys admitted that he switched the babies during the sacking of Kings Landing and Tyrion had also that Conningtons boy looks nothing of Rheagars likeness in ADWD, and that he may actually be the mummers farce. Where as Jon has been kept in secret of his true identity and that part of Lyannas promise was that Ned would keep the boy safe at all cost.

This was quoted from the site.

How is this possible if Jon has dark hair?

Last edited:
Ghhknbbhfdvvggghhhh

Do half-breed Targs all have that silver-blonde hair? Could just be the Stark genes are stronger. Still doesn't explain why Lyanna was on her deathbed covered in blood.

Who did Varys switch the boy with again? Did he say it was a peasant baby or something?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom