Source: 'Iran ready to wipe Israel off the map'

Bend_The_Knee

formerly gotholesinmysocks
As speculations over a possible strike on Iran's nuclear facilities grow, the Islamic Republic is exacerbating its rhetoric.

Deputy Defense Minister Ahmad Vahidi on Friday warned Israel against mounting such an attack: "Any act by the Zionist regime against Iran will bring about its destruction.
Hezbollah, he added, "Is at the forefront of the fight against Israel and it is growing stronger by the day."

Speaking at a ceremony honoring past Hezbollah commanders, Vahidi said that "Israel is weaker than it has ever been and its army is tired and humiliated… This is why it is trying to solve its problems by talking about taking action against Iran. But these are ridiculous statements.

"Iran's warriors are ready and willing to wipe Israel off the map," he declared.

http://www.ynetnews.com/a...0,7340,L-4194444,00.html

More from Ahmadinejad..

Arrogant powers cannot save Israel: Ahmadinejad - http://www.presstv.ir/detail/228736.html

This in from Lebanon.....TEHRAN (FNA)- Iranian Defense Minister Underscores All-Out Support for Lebanese Army - http://english.farsnews.c...wstext.php?nn=9010176226

It's about to go down and people are too busy discussing sneakers with stars on them. Oh well.

This is aimed at their own people to garner support and stir up feelings of nationalism. 

Its the equivalent of our president saying, freedom this, freedom that, lets make the world safe for democracy to us during the state of the union.  

Only difference is that iran avoids the euphemisms and get straight to the point. I guess the Iranians are receptive to that kind of rhetoric. 

The fact that the media is taking these statements and running wild is however unsettling. And the fact that the iranian president knows this and still says this is also quite interesting. 

Let me guess, you feel it's okay for the US to wipe countries off the map when they feel threatened right?

Iran is hearing everyday about countries getting ready to attack them, but the media makes people believe Iran is the bad guy for wanting to defend itself.

"Israel teams with terror group to kill Iran's nuclear scientists, U.S. officials tell NBC News" - http://rockcenter.msnbc.m...-officials-tell-nbc-news

Originally Posted by finnns2003

It's about to go down and people are too busy discussing sneakers with stars on them. Oh well.
roll.gif
roll.gif

"We don't need to go to war,

Iran has been talked about for close to SIX years now as a "legit" threat.

Six years.

Every day its "this is about to go down"

I'll believe it when I see it. Until then the cold war will rage on. Scientists get popped. Israel claims no involvement. Superpowers secretly fund their own interests.

Moving on.

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

This is aimed at their own people to garner support and stir up feelings of nationalism. 

Its the equivalent of our president saying, freedom this, freedom that, lets make the world safe for democracy to us during the state of the union.  

Only difference is that iran avoids the euphemisms and get straight to the point. I guess the Iranians are receptive to that kind of rhetoric. 

The fact that the media is taking these statements and running wild is however unsettling. And the fact that the iranian president knows this and still says this is also quite interesting. 

Yep.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Six years.

I'll believe it when I see it. Until then the cold war will rage on. Scientists get popped. Israel claims no involvement. Superpowers secretly fund their own interests.

Moving on.

Exactly
laugh.gif

And if it happens, it happens.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Six years.

Moving on.
I wanna say it's closer to 8 years since people were talking about this before Bush's second term.  The only difference is that we KNEW Iran was starting a nuclear program.  Their biggest PR mistake was trying to say they were building nuclear plants for peaceful purposes while simultaneously stating they wanted to wipe Israel off the map.
tired.gif

But i agree though.  It's mostly rhetoric on their part.  We all know they've been funding surrogate terrorist groups for years so they don't have to get their hands dirty in fighting the U.S.

Originally Posted by djuzi05

Let me guess, you feel it's okay for the US to wipe countries off the map when they feel threatened right?

Iran is hearing everyday about countries getting ready to attack them, but the media makes people believe Iran is the bad guy for wanting to defend itself.

"Israel teams with terror group to kill Iran's nuclear scientists, U.S. officials tell NBC News" - http://rockcenter.msnbc.m...-officials-tell-nbc-news

Yea, if I was Iran I would act da same way, cats is threatening em like they bout to get pushed asideLike libya...

Honestly I hope if it does go down I hope the U.S. and every other nation let's the two nations shoot the fair one. 
grin.gif

Oh lookie a flying piggie.

annnnd?
Let's all get our pitch-forks and cop plane tickets to Israel and Iran!!! We must create a human blockade!!!! 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Nah let's prattle on about something we can in no shape, form or fashion do anything about. 

God I love NT, 
laugh.gif
. So many keyboard saints and do-gooders. 

For some reason, I don't think anything significant is going to occur.  It's been all talk bettween these two for quite some time now.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

annnnd?
Let's all get our pitch-forks and cop plane tickets to Israel and Iran!!! We must create a human blockade!!!! 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Nah let's prattle on about something we can in no shape, form or fashion do anything about. 

God I love NT, 
laugh.gif
. So many keyboard saints and do-gooders. 
laugh.gif
Pathetic young man, pathetic.

I'm talking about discussing it, and how this shapes the coming elections/markets (there's a correlation), BUT... back to your foaming of the mouth over the foams!
roll.gif

Iran and their moronic leadership are a bunch of pansies.  Those dudes have been talking reckless for how long and what exactly have they done?   

i forget where i read it, but some newspaper writer in Israel said something like the USA better support Israel. If not then Israel should assassinate the president. it was about 2 weeks ago. He was fired immediately. Obviously its just one mans opinion, but it's still pretty crazy that someone would actually write that in a Newspaper.

- honestly i'd feel the same if i was iran though. people threatening them everyday. gotta do what ya gotta do

Back
Top Bottom