Soooo, has LeBron surpassed Kobe as the most hated? Vol. Dan Gilbert

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by DubA169

you really can't understand why people are pissed that someone who calls himself the "king" and "chosen one" took the easy way out?

destroyed his legacy and place in NBA history? at such a young age to go chasing rings?

people are out of their minds if they think lebron is about to get more MVP awards.

Bro...Legacies are CEMENTED by the rings you win.  Especially early on in his career.  If Lebron wins 4 rings in Miami, a lot will be forgotten.  What's the main objective in the NBA?  To WIN championships.  This is not like a 37 year old Gary Payton signing on w. the Heat...this is not like a over-the-hill Mitch Richmond singing on with the Lakers, etc etc....that being said, how's his legacy going to look if he stayed in Cleveland and didn't win anything?  He'll go down with the likes of Pat Ewing, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, etc.  All great players, but what's the first thing people talk about when discussing those guys in conversation?  This was the ideal time for Lebron to leave.  He's in his prime, mid-20's, and he knows this is the best chance he has to win NBA titles.  I don't see how this is the easy way out.  His expectations for winning are through the roof and there is an immense amount of pressure on him to deliver. 
laugh.gif
@ him destroying his legacy.  C'mon...be serious. 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
WHUT?!

you really can't understand why people are pissed that someone who calls himself the "king" and "chosen one" took the easy way out?

destroyed his legacy and place in NBA history? at such a young age to go chasing rings?

people are out of their minds if they think lebron is about to get more MVP awards.

Bro...Legacies are CEMENTED by the rings you win.  Especially early on in his career.  If Lebron wins 4 rings in Miami, a lot will be forgotten.  What's the main objective in the NBA?  To WIN championships.  This is not like a 37 year old Gary Payton signing on w. the Heat...this is not like a over-the-hill Mitch Richmond singing on with the Lakers, etc etc....that being said, how's his legacy going to look if he stayed in Cleveland and didn't win anything?  He'll go down with the likes of Pat Ewing, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, etc.  All great players, but what's the first thing people talk about when discussing those guys in conversation?  This was the ideal time for Lebron to leave.  He's in his prime, mid-20's, and he knows this is the best chance he has to win NBA titles.  I don't see how this is the easy way out.  His expectations for winning are through the roof and there is an immense amount of pressure on him to deliver. 
laugh.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
WHUT?!

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Man, i find it HILARIOUS that people who complain about him ruining his legacy aren't even FANS or supporters of Lebron.  These dudes were just itching for ANY "new" excuse to hate him some more.  Y'all hated him before the the 2009-2010 season even started and y'all hate him now.  Stop the fronting and just say "i don't like Lebron because he's taking away from my favorite player's shine."  Y'all talking bout him ruining his legacy as if you guys were EVER supporters OF his legacy.  Y'all act like you guys were rooting for him to get a ring and *!%%. 

The ONLY reason y'all should be mad is the self promoting hour long special he had.  That was straight up stupid and unnecessary but don't hate on the guy because he wants to win.  Everyone trying to compare Kobe's situation and Bron's as if it were even the same thing.  Kobe stayed because that fool was THIRSTING to be the man.  Lebron is okay with being a TEAM player.  If Kobe started off as the man, never won a thing, and the future of his team's flexibility looked dim as hell, please believe that fool would've bolted T.I.P ASAP.  Hell, he was already demanding a trade until he got lucky and his team stole Pau Gasol from the dumb *+* Grizzlies.

I don't get how you can hate on a athlete that wants to go to the best situation to WIN.  Isn't that what EVERY athlete wants?  Is to win??  This is probably the most UNSELFISH thing he's ever done.  He took waaaaay less money, as did the other guys, because their MAIN focus is to win.  So where's the crime in that?  Oh, because you guys feel he should do it on his "own" right?  How funny that everyone always cries about basketball being a TEAM game yet when someone does do something that is ALL about THE team, you guys want to rip his head off.

Seriously, stop the frontin and BS excuses and just say "we would've hated Lebron REGARDLESS of what he did."
pimp.gif
I ain't gonna front. I find ways to hate on Kobe all the time.
laugh.gif

Man, i find it HILARIOUS that people who complain about him ruining his legacy aren't even FANS or supporters of Lebron.  These dudes were just itching for ANY "new" excuse to hate him some more.  Y'all hated him before the the 2009-2010 season even started and y'all hate him now.  Stop the fronting and just say "i don't like Lebron because he's taking away from my favorite player's shine."  Y'all talking bout him ruining his legacy as if you guys were EVER supporters OF his legacy.  Y'all act like you guys were rooting for him to get a ring and *!%%. 

The ONLY reason y'all should be mad is the self promoting hour long special he had.  That was straight up stupid and unnecessary but don't hate on the guy because he wants to win.  Everyone trying to compare Kobe's situation and Bron's as if it were even the same thing.  Kobe stayed because that fool was THIRSTING to be the man.  Lebron is okay with being a TEAM player.  If Kobe started off as the man, never won a thing, and the future of his team's flexibility looked dim as hell, please believe that fool would've bolted T.I.P ASAP.  Hell, he was already demanding a trade until he got lucky and his team stole Pau Gasol from the dumb *+* Grizzlies.

I don't get how you can hate on a athlete that wants to go to the best situation to WIN.  Isn't that what EVERY athlete wants?  Is to win??  This is probably the most UNSELFISH thing he's ever done.  He took waaaaay less money, as did the other guys, because their MAIN focus is to win.  So where's the crime in that?  Oh, because you guys feel he should do it on his "own" right?  How funny that everyone always cries about basketball being a TEAM game yet when someone does do something that is ALL about THE team, you guys want to rip his head off.

Seriously, stop the frontin and BS excuses and just say "we would've hated Lebron REGARDLESS of what he did."
pimp.gif
I ain't gonna front. I find ways to hate on Kobe all the time.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
I ain't gonna front. I hate on Kobe for no dayum reason at times.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
my sister feels the same as you, BUT she loves his game
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
my sister feels the same as you, BUT she loves his game
laugh.gif

MOST HARDCORE FANS don't think like that idiot who posted "most hardcore fans" theory, you sir, can stand as the only "hardcore" fan there is, cause your reasoning is idiotic as much as ignorant

MOST HARDCORE FANS don't think like that idiot who posted "most hardcore fans" theory, you sir, can stand as the only "hardcore" fan there is, cause your reasoning is idiotic as much as ignorant

Originally Posted by illfrozn

laugh.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
WHUT?!
Seriously, how is this not the easiest way out? This is the equivalent of if MJ after losing to the Pistons in '89 had been a free agent and said "Man you know what, I gotta do what's best for me. The Bulls just aren't surrounding me with the talent I need; I'm gonna go play with Magic and Worthy in LA."

As a basketball fan it IS an exciting prospect and I will definitely try to watch as many Heat games as I can. But a large part of me wanted to see what Lebron could be as the unquestioned alpha dog on a championship team. He has physical talents the likes of which we've never seen. He's got Karl Malone's size with the ball handling and passing ability of a point guard and unmatched speed and explosiveness. I wanted to see him get a Finals MVP while averaging 30/10/10. If anybody could do it, he could right? I wanted to see 25 straight points to carry his team to a victory like he did against the Pistons. Just taking over a game and dominating. I'm not saying he has to be a ball hog or carry the load every night, but he was a once in a lifetime spectacle and playing with two other stars is definitely going to prevent us from seeing what he was capable of. In a way I feel like we are going to be robbed of his prime years due to the abundance of talent on that roster.

Originally Posted by illfrozn

laugh.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
WHUT?!
Seriously, how is this not the easiest way out? This is the equivalent of if MJ after losing to the Pistons in '89 had been a free agent and said "Man you know what, I gotta do what's best for me. The Bulls just aren't surrounding me with the talent I need; I'm gonna go play with Magic and Worthy in LA."

As a basketball fan it IS an exciting prospect and I will definitely try to watch as many Heat games as I can. But a large part of me wanted to see what Lebron could be as the unquestioned alpha dog on a championship team. He has physical talents the likes of which we've never seen. He's got Karl Malone's size with the ball handling and passing ability of a point guard and unmatched speed and explosiveness. I wanted to see him get a Finals MVP while averaging 30/10/10. If anybody could do it, he could right? I wanted to see 25 straight points to carry his team to a victory like he did against the Pistons. Just taking over a game and dominating. I'm not saying he has to be a ball hog or carry the load every night, but he was a once in a lifetime spectacle and playing with two other stars is definitely going to prevent us from seeing what he was capable of. In a way I feel like we are going to be robbed of his prime years due to the abundance of talent on that roster.

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

Sorry, LeBron has been better than Kobe for at least a year now.
 In what? Not winning championships?

LeBron wants to win rings. Period. That's evident.

However, I still say he ruined his legacy. LeBron had a chance to be arguably the best to ever do it. Now, he's the Green Ranger on Team Megazord with Wade as the Red Ranger. Bosh can be the Black Ranger since he's always extra animated.
laugh.gif

Anyone OK with LeBron bolting to Miami for the sake of rings should be OK with the Colts pulling their starters at 14-0. (I know you're scratching your head to that one.) But, they had a chance to be on God-like status...but instead said %%%% the legacy @@$@. It's all about rings. I guess you can say the move was unselfish but these are pretty drastic and damn near desperate measures to win while in your prime. I can see him winning a few rings with the Miami cHeat* and then bouncing to a less talented team to win on his own to solidify his career.

No matter how you put it, his legacy will be tainted regardless of the outcome...if he wins with Wade and Bosh every single year of their contract or if they fail.

LeBron wants to win rings. Period. That's evident.

However, I still say he ruined his legacy. LeBron had a chance to be arguably the best to ever do it. Now, he's the Green Ranger on Team Megazord with Wade as the Red Ranger. Bosh can be the Black Ranger since he's always extra animated.
laugh.gif

Anyone OK with LeBron bolting to Miami for the sake of rings should be OK with the Colts pulling their starters at 14-0. (I know you're scratching your head to that one.) But, they had a chance to be on God-like status...but instead said %%%% the legacy @@$@. It's all about rings. I guess you can say the move was unselfish but these are pretty drastic and damn near desperate measures to win while in your prime. I can see him winning a few rings with the Miami cHeat* and then bouncing to a less talented team to win on his own to solidify his career.

No matter how you put it, his legacy will be tainted regardless of the outcome...if he wins with Wade and Bosh every single year of their contract or if they fail.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Don't really see what championships have to do with this.

I guess you think Tony Parker is a better basketball player than Steve Nash?

LeBron averaged damn near 30/7/9 this past season and people still don't think he's the best player on the planet?

Some of you dudes aren't too smart.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Don't really see what championships have to do with this.

I guess you think Tony Parker is a better basketball player than Steve Nash?

LeBron averaged damn near 30/7/9 this past season and people still don't think he's the best player on the planet?

Some of you dudes aren't too smart.

Back
Top Bottom