Some people get arrested at Jefferson Memorial for trying to do a flashmob dance thing

Originally Posted by rashi

You guys are totally missing the point...
The point is you need to get a permit for a "demonstration" at a memorial.
They didn't have one....and decided to ignore the police officers warnings.

Then they got arrested......

They are wasting the police officers' time while disrupting peoples' visit to the memorial.

Why a knee in someone's neck? It doesnt seem like an offense that deems that kind of force.

Why a knee in someone's neck? It doesnt seem like an offense that deems that kind of force.

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

Enlighten us my friend

They were arrested without cause, right to assembly was violated, free speech was violated, ironically enough they were arrested for all of this in the Jefferson Memorial, weren't read their rights, excessive force was used. We have no rights in this country.

They are wasting the police officers' time while disrupting peoples' visit to the memorial.

This is their permit.

[h2]Amendment I[/h2]
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

That pig couldn't even phrase what law they violated.

Enlighten us my friend

They were arrested without cause, right to assembly was violated, free speech was violated, ironically enough they were arrested for all of this in the Jefferson Memorial, weren't read their rights, excessive force was used. We have no rights in this country.

This is their permit.

[h2]Amendment I[/h2]
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Looks like the action of the police was justified. Dude in the video obviously violated rule number 1 of how to deal with police... stay calm and cool
smokin.gif

Looks like the action of the police was justified. Dude in the video obviously violated rule number 1 of how to deal with police... stay calm and cool
smokin.gif

This isn't about rights. They protesting a law that was passed banning things like this because someone did flash mob a few months back and woman got arrested on misdemeanor charges. They protested without permit; end of. They were being disruptive in a place the Parks Department has full jurisdiction over; dancing in the Jefferson Memorial isn't part of the experience they don't have any "right" to do that as a large group with the express intent to draw attention to themselves. If they were doing jumping jacks or laying on the floor to go to sleep they would've been removed and it would've been the right thing to do then too.

This isn't about rights. They protesting a law that was passed banning things like this because someone did flash mob a few months back and woman got arrested on misdemeanor charges. They protested without permit; end of. They were being disruptive in a place the Parks Department has full jurisdiction over; dancing in the Jefferson Memorial isn't part of the experience they don't have any "right" to do that as a large group with the express intent to draw attention to themselves. If they were doing jumping jacks or laying on the floor to go to sleep they would've been removed and it would've been the right thing to do then too.

Enlighten us my friend

This is their permit.

[h2]Amendment I[/h2]

just like the right to bear arms...... and having to apply for a gun license....

you need a permit to protest at the memorial.

It's not the officers job to explain the law (that's for lawyers)

Enlighten us my friend

This is their permit.

[h2]Amendment I[/h2]

just like the right to bear arms...... and having to apply for a gun license....

you need a permit to protest at the memorial.

It's not the officers job to explain the law (that's for lawyers)

Enlighten us my friend

but they baned dancing at the memorial earlier that month though
Im pretty sure that a flash mob would easily distract anyone attention 

just think if something that little (seems to be a big deal to those people)

was allowed it would be just like those street performers that you would see downtown 

in any major city 

they made it clear that the memorial was mad just for that and to pay respect thats all

the group to me are just a bunch of attention *@#!%@ 

now im not the one thats saying that them dancing is a form a disrespect but if you have any kind of respect for the memorial

you would just follow those simple%@! rules

Enlighten us my friend

but they baned dancing at the memorial earlier that month though
Im pretty sure that a flash mob would easily distract anyone attention 

just think if something that little (seems to be a big deal to those people)

was allowed it would be just like those street performers that you would see downtown 

in any major city 

they made it clear that the memorial was mad just for that and to pay respect thats all

the group to me are just a bunch of attention *@#!%@ 

now im not the one thats saying that them dancing is a form a disrespect but if you have any kind of respect for the memorial

you would just follow those simple%@! rules

@!%%$%$+ those people were assembling peacefully; they went in there with the express intent of getting arrested to draw attention to a law they didn't like and refused to go about it the right way.

@!%%$%$+ those people were assembling peacefully; they went in there with the express intent of getting arrested to draw attention to a law they didn't like and refused to go about it the right way.

Originally Posted by proper english

good.. those things are annoying/obnoxious as hell. 
glasses.gif

This.
If I ever got caught in one, I would go out of my way to disrupt it.

Only problem I have with this is the cop did not inform them of what law they were breaking. He was asked and walked away. Obviously he doesn't know the law and was just told to stop people from dancing there. If you are gonna be putting females on the ground, slamming dudes and choking em out I think you should at least be able to communicate which law you are upholding. All these tough guy, low intellect, proud community college graduates running around here trying to assert their authority without having the slightest clue what they are supposed to be doing is pretty scary.

Only problem I have with this is the cop did not inform them of what law they were breaking. He was asked and walked away. Obviously he doesn't know the law and was just told to stop people from dancing there. If you are gonna be putting females on the ground, slamming dudes and choking em out I think you should at least be able to communicate which law you are upholding. All these tough guy, low intellect, proud community college graduates running around here trying to assert their authority without having the slightest clue what they are supposed to be doing is pretty scary.

Originally Posted by proper english

good.. those things are annoying/obnoxious as hell. 
glasses.gif

This.
If I ever got caught in one, I would go out of my way to disrupt it.

Originally Posted by FrankMatthews

they already knew what law they were breaking thats why they were there protesting ( as they would call it)
they had people come with cameras to record because they knew that arrest might be inevitable 

and the officer probably already knew what was up and lost patience with them sitting there acting like they dont know the deal 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FrankMatthews

they already knew what law they were breaking thats why they were there protesting ( as they would call it)
they had people come with cameras to record because they knew that arrest might be inevitable 

and the officer probably already knew what was up and lost patience with them sitting there acting like they dont know the deal 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom