***Social consequences of quitting drink/drugs***

laugh.gif
@ your SN "High St".

But seriously man I know what your talkin bout. All the partying, drinkin and drugs for me started makin me extra lazy, sleepin thru the day, felt like I wasgoin nowhere and all my people had jobs and makin moves.
Long story short, now that I've fallin back a little bit, it sucks! Parties aint the same, goin out aint the same, and it's hard because my friendsdrink. It's no fun at all watchin them have fun and me tryin 2 be sober. I can't tell them not to drink and I don't wana hang with anybody else.Lose/ lose situation. I like being around my friends a lot ...and I like 2 drink. So everytime I say ima fall back I end up gettin even more wasted. (I'velaid off the drugs though). I guess that counts as one step. Lol

Originally Posted by an66eon

Dirtylicious wrote:

I rarely drink these days.... I've kept my friends....they all respect it.

word, could you really call them friends if they didn't respect your choices?

I don't think he's tripping about his friends not respecting his choices. I think he saying he's trying to get away from it but it's hardbecause his friends do it a lot .

I'm kind of on the same boat my friend...

all my "friends" drink and smoke and some other @*% too...

i was into the party scene too but i've recently had a "spiritual awakening" and stopped all that mess.

my friends all seem to have something to say about me not partying with them because i'm trying to please the Lord.

plus i've told them that since i've started partying my life has been somewhat of a mess....i got a D.U.I....it messed up my relationship with the bestthing i've ever had in my life (my ex-girl), i lost my parents trust...plus all the people in the party scene aren't really "good" people.you're not gonna meet your wife at a party or club....and if you do...she's more than likely a ****. anyways they all kinda gave me the
grin.gif
look when i told them i was stopping this.

anyways...none of my friends call me anymore. so it's been lonely weekends...i been trying to hang out with other people...but almost all kids my age areinto that.

tired.gif
anyone wanna be my friend

dont want anyone to feel i am "forcing" my beliefs on anyone..but here is a verse that helps me deal with this

(1 Corinthians 5:11-13) . . .But now I am writing YOU to quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man. 12 For what do I have to do with judging those outside? Do YOU not judge those inside, 13 while God judges those outside? "Remove the wicked [man] from among yourselves

Back
Top Bottom