So who besides me doesn't know how to swim???

f*** takin swimmin lessons, my dad just threw me in the pool and said learn how to swim back  

edit: lolololol ^^^^

f*** takin swimmin lessons, my dad just threw me in the pool and said learn how to swim back  

edit: lolololol ^^^^

I cant. im a poor excuse for a hawaiian
30t6p3b.gif

I use to teach an adult swim class and we usually didn't start by trying to tread water but if you go to the shallow end of the pool and hook your feet onto the top step on the ladder, then kind of lay on top of the water, face down, thats how we'd practice freestyle swimming. You can get the arm motions down, along with moving your head to the side in order to breath. That way if you don't feel comfortable you can just get your feet off the ladder and stand.

After that they'd hold on to the wall or the ladder and just work on kicking their legs. When kicking your legs its good to not bend your knees. Just kind up move your legs from the joints in your hips.

When it's time to tread water don't freak out and franticly move your arms and legs. All you need to do is kinda smoothly just kick your legs and move your arms from your back to your front in the water.

Hope I explained that correctly and it helps a little bit
smile.gif

I use to teach an adult swim class and we usually didn't start by trying to tread water but if you go to the shallow end of the pool and hook your feet onto the top step on the ladder, then kind of lay on top of the water, face down, thats how we'd practice freestyle swimming. You can get the arm motions down, along with moving your head to the side in order to breath. That way if you don't feel comfortable you can just get your feet off the ladder and stand.

After that they'd hold on to the wall or the ladder and just work on kicking their legs. When kicking your legs its good to not bend your knees. Just kind up move your legs from the joints in your hips.

When it's time to tread water don't freak out and franticly move your arms and legs. All you need to do is kinda smoothly just kick your legs and move your arms from your back to your front in the water.

Hope I explained that correctly and it helps a little bit
smile.gif

Originally Posted by moundraised23

Originally Posted by Murda He

IMO swimming should be taught in kindergarten classes along with reading, coloring in the lines, and other basic +#% human abilities.
i agree.

but i still cant swim

*shrugs*
Yea me either. Gym teach in preschool just tossed my @## in the pool. I just stood at the bottom like, "These chumps gon come get me or lose they jobs" 
I can swim a lil bit tho. My wiz taught me, I just get tired too quick
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by moundraised23

Originally Posted by Murda He

IMO swimming should be taught in kindergarten classes along with reading, coloring in the lines, and other basic +#% human abilities.
i agree.

but i still cant swim

*shrugs*
Yea me either. Gym teach in preschool just tossed my @## in the pool. I just stood at the bottom like, "These chumps gon come get me or lose they jobs" 
I can swim a lil bit tho. My wiz taught me, I just get tired too quick
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom