So, who are the gay rappers?

And now, today's highlights-there are lots of gay scenes with anonymous people in this book, but these are the ones that seem to involve the most famous subjects:
  • Dean is at Keenen Ivory Wayans' birthday party. "There were two male celebrity actors standing a few feet in front of us. They didn't notice us because the club was dark. Both men are young and very attractive and have starred in some comedic and dramatic films. One of the actors, "Junior," is a tall, muscular, brown-skinned brother who got his start in television and is known for his comedic roles in films. He never married, but has a couple of children with a girlfriend. The other dark-skinned actor, "Fritz," has been in a few movies and has starred in a popular television drama."
    The two are obviously a gay couple, which surprises Dean, although he says there has been much speculation about "Junior."
  • Dean's friend Sandy is working on a film with some major stars in it. "The lead was "Lucas," who is a megastar. No matter what film project he was attached to it was bound to be a box office smash. In Hollywood, he is considered a golden boy and very bankable. However, there were already many rumors swirling about his sexuality, and even though he married, it was hard for him to shake those pesky gay rumors."
    Every day, Sandy says, Lucas' friend "Kareem, a leading [married] sitcom actor," visits his trailer, where they go inside and-everyone believes-have sex. Dean also says that Lucas runs with a circle of high-level superstar down low types. He later meets Lucas again and finds him to be "smooth, charismatic, and charming," and his wife even brings goodies to the film crew.
  • Dean's friend "Corey" is a singer-songwriter who was featured on the MTV series The Cut, opened shows for Jay-Z, appeared in a Broadway musical, and then signed with "Eli, a popular multiplatinum rapper, who had just started a label at the time (in the 90s)."
    "Eli was a force to be reckoned with. He flew out the gate with his debut album and would become a mainstay in the ever-changing Hip Hop industry, where many rappers are one-hit wonders. He has been hailed as one of the greatest rappers to bless the mic."

It turns out that Corey has been giving oral sex to Eli (whom Dean describes as "fine as hell") in Eli's home studio. "Up until that moment I had never heard anything remotely close about the rapper being gay. Eli was a burgeoning superstar who parlayed his marketability into television and movie credits. He even had a promising clothing line. But every man's got needs and Eli's needed tending to."
I have some guesses. Do YOU?

Does it matter really? No. I'm just bored right now. So save your post if all you're going to say is "dude why do you care aboutanother man's sexuality?"

I'm guessing Corey is Diddy and Eli is Jay? Junior is Jamie Foxx? Lucas is Will Smith?

"Eli was a force to be reckoned with. He flew out the gate with his debut album and would become a mainstay in the ever-changing Hip Hop industry,where many rappers are one-hit wonders. He has been hailed as one of the greatest rappers to bless the micEli was a burgeoning superstar who parlayed hismarketability into television and movie credits. He even had a promising clothing line. But every man's got needs and Eli's needed tendingto."

LL_Cool_J_at_2007_MyCoke_Fest_in_Atlanta.JPG
????????????????
nerd.gif

corey is def. diddy..and eli cant be Jay..cuz jay hasnt been in movies like that..so imma go with LL...and you got the other two right as well..i been heardabout them...as well as usher

Originally Posted by jefffort5

Plies i hear..

Whaa yuu gaa cum at mah dude Pliii li'dat? Ah ain hea nuffin li dat bou heem...

But yeah, Will Smith, LL, Diddy, Foxx and Usher sound right 2 me...

Will Smith is deffinetly one of them . . . Diddy been a fruit, Usher used to live with him as a teenager
sick.gif
sick.gif
. . . I never heard any gay rumors surroundingLL tho, son might me stretching some *$#$, remember when Superhead book came out they said the one character she never named was LL . . .

"Corey" cant be Diddy cause Diddy never opened for Jay-z and never signed to no one but his self...

Dude just needs to out these people and get it over with...
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Chico Cummings

"Corey" cant be Diddy cause Diddy never opened for Jay-z and never signed to no one but his self...

eyes.gif

not supportin him or nothin...but if he did, no one would buy the book. they'll just wait for the list of name drops and be like "oh i knewthat."

but then again, who the hell would buy a book like this?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MeloVP

LL had a clothing line?
Yea he started Todd Smith..... never really went anywhere with it though. He also was part of FUBU back when it was hot.

^ Wasn't he in on Fubu?

Anyways, not my thing but my homegirl says...

Junior = Shawn Wayans
Lucas = Will Smith
Kareem = Duane Martin
Eli.. LL.
Corey.. still thinking.

Originally Posted by Chico Cummings

eyes.gif

Exactly I was wondering what the hell people were thinking saying "Corey" was Diddy

Originally Posted by johngotty

Lucas = Will Smith
Kareem = Duane Martin

^^ agreed

and here's some of the females he mentions in the book
Dean talks about people he knew who used to frequent a lesbian club in LA. 'A few times, I spotted 'Asia,' a 1990s female R&B singer who had an amazing voice and a number of widely successful ballads during that time. She started as a background singer, but her powerful voice proved she needed to be up front as a solo artist. Her short body was topped with her huge, curly hair. Asia made a number of love songs, and her claim to fame was her rendition of a sexy remake of a song originally done by an '80s icon."

Lezzy #2 "Lisa"
"There was a beautiful television sitcom actress, 'Daisy,' and her actress best friend, 'Lisa.' These two women have been friends for a number of years and are always together. Daisy had done a number of successful sitcoms and got her start in a Broadway musical. Her multirange vocals were often showcased on one of the sitcoms she co-starred on. She often plays a fiery and fiesty character…However, I suspected that Lisa, a former singer and popular comedic actress, was at the club only as support for her."

Obvious Lezzy's
"There were also a host of WNBA players, but that was nothing out of the ordinary. It's always been rumored that most of the women in the WNBA are lesbians."

Lezzy #3
"'I don't give a **%*!' a curvaceous woman yelled. 'She better bring her ##* over here!' Everyone turned around to see who was making such a fuss. It was award-winning female rapper/ actress, 'Sheena.'…This wouldn't be the first or last time I'd see or hear about this female rapper/ actress attacking her partners…When she made an appearance on Keenen [Ivory Wayans'] show, I couldn't imagine her being as violent as I had seen her that night because she was the nicest and sweetest person. She had a striking presence, but it was really her walk that made her appear as if she was pimping."

Lezzy #4 "Lola"
"Lola was an R&B singer/ songwriter who had recently moved to Los Angeles from New York. She was a staple on the New York scene, partying with big name celebrities. Her skills caught the likes of super duper producers DeVante Swing of Jodeci, Stevie J, and Dallas Austin. She'd made a noteworthy album, and the critics were eating her up. Her style was a hard-edged rap with a little rock and R&B. Her new single topped the charts and was receiving a lot of airplay…

As much as Lola wanted to be a trailblazer and open doors for other gay artists, she was still part of a machine. Lola had to do what the label told her to do. She was still at their mercy and on their dollar. In videos and on album covers, her look was softened with dramatic makeup, luxurious hair, and seductive clothing. It was like night and day seeing her transformation."
via Bossip

But LL never signed anyone . . . He did have a lil record label, but it wasn't in the 90s . . . It was the early 2000s (summer of 00 I think), he signed anR&B group, there may have been ONE rapper on the label actually, but he was a NObody . . .

If dude took the time out to change the names, it would make just as much sense to alter the circumstances . . . I mean if he described them realistically theywould be easy to figiure out in all cases . . . The Will Smith + Duane Martin sounds right, everything else I don't really know . . . He should just namenames, if anyone #!*% him up it'll be a hate crime . . . FOOTBALL #'s

I think the real question is who are the cats that want to know who the gay rappers are? Seriously why you want to even know some %%% like that? I don'twant to find out if my favorite rapper is #@*! and frankly, I could care less. I've never been one to be on that Wendy Williams %%%. I guess the reason whyi'm in here is to ask why do people care so much about another mans personal life?

why are people saying Duane Martin? i had to google dude to match a face with a name, but yea, what lead yall to that conclusion?

I heard Will and Jada were swingers...

but don't let it be Will. That's one of my idols man.

Back
Top Bottom