So. Much. Swag. *Added Doc of Making the Video pg.11*

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Avy check
pimp.gif

%#%%** check.

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Mon star boi stop that aint luck. It happen cause she wanted it, you act she went to the game to watch it and madonna was like "hey come on stage girl".

laugh.gif
At you calling someone a troll

Point blank DC sees no ties between rihanna and her, and neither do I.
Apples and Oranges.

Spoiler [+]
DC do argue just to argue though
laugh.gif

Clearly you don't get it.  Its just timing.  Of course she didn't say "c'mon on stage". 

This whole "luck" thing started when DC said "she's not an underdog because she's performing at the SB" correct

and my response was "SHE wasn't really selected for the SB. Madonna was and she got to come along because she was featured on a song." 

She got on a song with Madonna.  Thats an accomplishment I guess.  But its not like the Super Bowl committee said "lets get MIA because she's such a BIG STAR".  Madonna did like 5 songs before this one.  and Ceelo had a bigger role than her. Timing my friends...timing. 

How hard is that to understand?  

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

M.I.A
pimp.gif

Stop explaining her to these n_s. If they're out the loop, so be it.
2012 Based God huh. 
laugh.gif
Not even.
MIA has been in the music industry for YEARS. She's just been a lot more lowkey.

I swear she and Pharrell have found the fountain of youth.

Originally Posted by cap1229

Originally Posted by RavageBX

So then I'm correct in my assumption that this is about an artist you don't like versus an artist you do? That was my only point. Rihanna had very little to do with this thread content-wise or MIA in general before you made your tangential comment. Any correlation you're making between them is purely in your head. If you think the Rude Boy vid was Rihanna trying to mimic MIA's swag you're way off base. As if artists even come up with the treatments for their videos.
Purely in my head? Don't do that. I'm not the only one in here that feels this way. MIA was an art student and a visual artist before the music. You don't think she had anything to do with that video? This was before she had the budget to swag out the windows of cars. Another thing if you go to the video's the comments are very similar. Rude boy bites off of Boyz. 
Do you really think that rihanna had any say in the making of that video?
I'm sayin though
laugh.gif
Anyways, I'm not going to continue this argument b/c the motives are transparent at this point. Both artists to me bring great things to the table and both are entertaining. I just hate to see people take random stances that are nothing but disguised hate.

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Mon star boi stop that aint luck. It happen cause she wanted it, you act she went to the game to watch it and madonna was like "hey come on stage girl".

laugh.gif

Apples and Oranges.

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif

Clearly you don't get it.  Its just timing.  Of course she didn't say "c'mon on stage". 

This whole "luck" thing started when DC said "she's not an underdog because she's performing at the SB" correct

and my response was "SHE wasn't really selected for the SB. Madonna was and she got to come along because she was featured on a song." 

She got on a song with Madonna.  Thats an accomplishment I guess.  But its not like the Super Bowl committee said "lets get MIA because she's such a BIG STAR".  Madonna did like 5 songs before this one.  and Ceelo had a bigger role than her. Timing my friends...timing. 

Its perfectly ok if you like an artist that is also liked by the masses. Stop making MIA out to be an underdog.

Originally Posted by Regis

It does sound like you really just jealous of Rihanna.
Nice one.
laugh.gif
 Yeah that's it. I wanna be known as the female that was Chris Browned and I don't have creative control. You got me. 
grin.gif
 Don't get me wrong Rihanna is sexy girl with a tight lil body but come on now. You got dudes in here calling her a gangbang fluffer. 

Some of yall stay on Rihannas ****.
Shorty was like 18 when she had that whole good girl image thing going on. How many of you expect to act the same at 24-25 as you did when you were 18.
At 18, I still believed in marriage and did romantic things for girls I liked. Ill be damned if I still think like that. You guys are silly with that authenticity garbage.

MIA is swagged the +$*! out. Shes British though, those people are known for not giving a damb.
On the flispide when Bow Wow takes on TI's persona or begins emulating Wayne's style we call him out on that %%! and assume he's finding himself or has identity issues... Rihanna has been in the music industry since her early teens living cushy off that Pon de Replay $, what fire did she go through that shaped this edgy persona she now portrays? Her career path just doesn't come off as organic to me... she seems like any of these child actors that feel they have something to prove and start snorting coke to catch a rep

laugh.gif

Apples and Oranges.

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif

Its perfectly ok if you like an artist that is also liked by the masses. Stop making MIA out to be an underdog.

huh? The masses? you have people just now learning who she is at age 36! 

I'm not a hipster and mad because other people like her.  I could careless but Im not gonna sit here and call her a huge star in the US either

It does sound like you really just jealous of Rihanna.
Nice one.
laugh.gif
 Yeah that's it. I wanna be known as the female that was Chris Browned and I don't have creative control. You got me. 
grin.gif
 Don't get me wrong Rihanna is sexy girl with a tight lil body but come on now. You got dudes in here calling her a gangbang fluffer. 

If MIA is on her own playing field, Rihanna's antics in a thread YOU made for your homegirl shouldnt even be a thought.

By doing that you derailed your own thread and exposed that salt.

laugh.gif

Apples and Oranges.

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
MADONNA dont mess with underdogs, like dude said its ok to like mainstream ppl. She isnt a huge star, I know that but she is known.
But once again why compare her to a pop princess.They have nothing in common.

I personally think its disrespectful to compare her to rihanna(no shade she is a gimmick with lack luster voice, but so is madonna
ohwell.gif
)

MIA music has a message,Rihanna's doesnt and it does not need too.

Apples and potatoes 
laugh.gif

huh? The masses? you have people just now learning who she is at age 36! 

I'm not a hipster and mad because other people like her.  I could careless but Im not gonna sit here and call her a huge star in the US either
Theres a huge gap between not a huge star and Underdog.
$++@, with the exception of teenage girls even Drake might be more of an underdog than MIA.

Originally Posted by 0cks

Shorty was like 18 when she had that whole good girl image thing going on. How many of you expect to act the same at 24-25 as you did when you were 18.
At 18, I still believed in marriage and did romantic things for girls I liked. Ill be damned if I still think like that. You guys are silly with that authenticity garbage.

MIA is swagged the +$*! out. Shes British though, those people are known for not giving a damb.
On the flispide when Bow Wow takes on TI's persona or begins emulating Wayne's style we call him out on that %%! and assume he's finding himself or has identity issues... Rihanna has been in the music industry since her early teens living cushy off that Pon de Replay $, what fire did she go through that shaped this edgy persona she now portrays? Her career path just doesn't come off as organic to me... she seems like any of these child actors that feel they have something to prove and start snorting coke to catch a rep

Edgy Persona? Lets keep it real...she dresses like a %!!%. What experiences must a female go through to dress like a %!!% and make explicit songs about sex? Is this what we're calling edgy these days.
Surely youre not implying that people must go through certain experiences to grant them the privilege of getting tatted up.

Shes no different than any average attractive girl who likes attention, I dont understand why its hard to not believe thats genuine.

Like you said, she came on to the scene in her early teens. 

Im not sure how people expect her to act.

a lot of foolery going on in this thread...
how is MIA not and underdog??? how many female rappers are there??? how many sri lankan rappers are there??? how many of them spit about politics and can still make a catchy tune??? how many rappers rap with a london accent over beats that aren't your typical hip hop fare??? MIA came into the game doing her own thing and made her own lane...every single one of these female artist in the game have slutted themselves out to get a name (except B and Adele)...she's been doin the same thing since the beginning...a middle finger is a middle finger, there doesn't have to be much thought put into it...maybe she did it to get a reaction, maybe not, who cares...that doesn't make her fake or forced...shorty's music speaks for itself...her music is the reason that Madonna ASKED her to write for her new album and Jay want to jump on numerous remixes...

and yea, Rihanna definitely wishes she had Maya's rep 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

how is MIA not and underdog??? how many female rappers are there??? how many sri lankan rappers are there??? how many of them spit about politics and can still make a catchy tune??? how many rappers rap with a london accent over beats that aren't your typical hip hop fare??? MIA came into the game doing her own thing and made her own lane...every single one of these female artist in the game have slutted themselves out to get a name (except B and Adele)...she's been doin the same thing since the beginning...a middle finger is a middle finger, there doesn't have to be much thought put into it...maybe she did it to get a reaction, maybe not, who cares...that doesn't make her fake or forced...shorty's music speaks for itself...her music is the reason that Madonna ASKED her to write for her new album and Jay want to jump on numerous remixes...

laugh.gif
If this is true then wouldnt everyone not named Adele and Beyonce wish they had MIAs rep?
What is it about Rihanna that made OP single her out?

HATE

laugh.gif
If this is true then wouldnt everyone not named Adele and Beyonce wish they had MIAs rep?

HATE

Its not hate, hate means you want what they have, its dislike.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 0cks

Edgy Persona? Lets keep it real...she dresses like a %!!%. What experiences must a female go through to dress like a %!!% and make explicit songs about sex? Is this what we're calling edgy these days.
Surely youre not implying that people must go through certain experiences to grant them the privilege of getting tatted up.

Shes no different than any average attractive girl who likes attention, I dont understand why its hard to not believe thats genuine.

Like you said, she came on to the scene in her early teens. 

Im not sure how people expect her to act.
Dressing like a @@% and songs about sex are expected with her getting older... but did you watch the Man Down video? You don't think that's edgy? Do you think she's really about that life? 
And no I don't grant anyone permission for anything outside of myself but yeah tats used to mean something. Like when sailors or war vets had real life stories to back them up... not some story about a cray drunk night after leaving the Roxy and saying YOLO lets go get this penis tatted on my forehead

(the bolded part is kinda what I'm gettin at... it's all superficial, lacks real depth)

laugh.gif

HATE
possibly hate, i'm not denying that, but i can definitely see where the comparisons are coming from pertaining to images...not just Rihanna, but a lot of people kinda bit MIA's steeze...but that's what happens when you set trends and don't follow them, so it isn't to be unexpected...

MIA is a great artist but if you guys are all truly fans of her youre doing her a big disservice to her by making unmerited comparisons to Rihanna.

I came back to this thread after reading the 1st page earlier today expecting/hoping to see a bunch of MIA pics. But nope, no pics. Just pages of arguing.

I hate you guys.

lets just end this Rihanna talk...shorty used to do this at every tour stop and then came back with a whole new swag...say what you want, but MIA influenced her BIG TIME

page 1 is very diff from the rest of this thread, where's all the hate coming from?
sick.gif

anyways the video was MAD dope, too much swag was filmed for that video.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

I came back to this thread after reading the 1st page earlier today expecting/hoping to see a bunch of MIA pics. But nope, no pics. Just pages of arguing.

I hate you guys.

Back
Top Bottom