So let me get this straight Vick leaves party, someone gets shot, its his fault = ???

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Calls commence for Eagles to part ways with Mike Vick[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on June 26, 2010 7:15 PM ET
We've tried several times over the past two days to articulate thefundamental problem with Mike Vick's recent public birthday party,which anyone could attend.  Based on some of the reactions we'vegotten, some of you don't yet understand the nature of the risk Vicktook, given his very unique circumstances.

Jordan Raanan of CSNPhilly.com explains the situation better than we have, ultimately calling Vick's "indefensible" and suggesting that Vick has done enough to justify the Eagles getting rid of him.

"His fatal mistake wasn't what he did at the party," Raanan writes.  "It was being there in the first place.  Those are exactly the type of scenes a high-profile ex-convict is supposed to avoid.  Especially someone who was given a second chance at a lucrative career -- Vick is expected to make $5.2 million this year -- as long as he steers clear of trouble. . . .

"These were the kind of slip-ups Vick needed to avoid.  These are the situations he wasn't supposed to put himself in ever again after what seemed like a life lesson he would never forget.  He was supposed to live happily ever after in relative obscurity.  That doesn't happen when you're throwing yourself an open-invite birthday party with 300-plus attendees."

Someof you have insisted that Vick did nothing wrong because he couldn'tcontrol who chose to attend the party.  But that's precisely why heshouldn't have had a party whose attendees would be determined only bywhether they paid the money for a ticket and complied with the dresscode. [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)](BULL-S*)[/color]

When Vick said all the right things last year uponreturning to the league, many wondered whether he truly had changed, orwhether he was saying what he thought he needed to say in order to gethis NFL career back.  Though he apparently has stayed out of trouble,his decision to proceed with Thursday night's party suggests that hepossibly hasn't changed (or that he has changed back), and that he'sstill surrounding himself with people who can't or won't give him goodadvice that he'll heed.

Thursday night's events also haveanother potentially negative consequence for Vick.  It puts him back onthe radar screen, and it gives the feds, the NFL, and the Eagles reasonto start poking around, to see whether he fully has complied with theterms of his probation and reinstatement.

It's like an IRSaudit or an NCAA investigation.  They show up for one thing, and theyend up nailing you for something else that they never would have knownabout but for the thing that got them there in the first place.

ForVick, no one knows what will happen in the coming days and weeks.  Butno one would be talking about him right now if he merely had opted fora private birthday party attended only by persons with whom he'spermitted to associate -- and whom he can trust not to bring a gun. (BULL-S*)

Damn people just want to see this man suffer. Its already a messed up situation, but people are really acting like he can't go out in public and have fun. I think its sad what they're doing to this guy.

Theres so much wrong with this article I don't know where to begin
smh.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Calls commence for Eagles to part ways with Mike Vick[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on June 26, 2010 7:15 PM ET
We've tried several times over the past two days to articulate thefundamental problem with Mike Vick's recent public birthday party,which anyone could attend.  Based on some of the reactions we'vegotten, some of you don't yet understand the nature of the risk Vicktook, given his very unique circumstances.

Jordan Raanan of CSNPhilly.com explains the situation better than we have, ultimately calling Vick's "indefensible" and suggesting that Vick has done enough to justify the Eagles getting rid of him.

"His fatal mistake wasn't what he did at the party," Raanan writes.  "It was being there in the first place.  Those are exactly the type of scenes a high-profile ex-convict is supposed to avoid.  Especially someone who was given a second chance at a lucrative career -- Vick is expected to make $5.2 million this year -- as long as he steers clear of trouble. . . .

"These were the kind of slip-ups Vick needed to avoid.  These are the situations he wasn't supposed to put himself in ever again after what seemed like a life lesson he would never forget.  He was supposed to live happily ever after in relative obscurity.  That doesn't happen when you're throwing yourself an open-invite birthday party with 300-plus attendees."

Someof you have insisted that Vick did nothing wrong because he couldn'tcontrol who chose to attend the party.  But that's precisely why heshouldn't have had a party whose attendees would be determined only bywhether they paid the money for a ticket and complied with the dresscode. [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)](BULL-S*)[/color]

When Vick said all the right things last year uponreturning to the league, many wondered whether he truly had changed, orwhether he was saying what he thought he needed to say in order to gethis NFL career back.  Though he apparently has stayed out of trouble,his decision to proceed with Thursday night's party suggests that hepossibly hasn't changed (or that he has changed back), and that he'sstill surrounding himself with people who can't or won't give him goodadvice that he'll heed.

Thursday night's events also haveanother potentially negative consequence for Vick.  It puts him back onthe radar screen, and it gives the feds, the NFL, and the Eagles reasonto start poking around, to see whether he fully has complied with theterms of his probation and reinstatement.

It's like an IRSaudit or an NCAA investigation.  They show up for one thing, and theyend up nailing you for something else that they never would have knownabout but for the thing that got them there in the first place.

ForVick, no one knows what will happen in the coming days and weeks.  Butno one would be talking about him right now if he merely had opted fora private birthday party attended only by persons with whom he'spermitted to associate -- and whom he can trust not to bring a gun. (BULL-S*)

Damn people just want to see this man suffer. Its already a messed up situation, but people are really acting like he can't go out in public and have fun. I think its sad what they're doing to this guy.

Theres so much wrong with this article I don't know where to begin
smh.gif

smh.gif
Ridiculous...

It sucks but his name is always going to be a target because of what happened.

The fact he wasn't there hopefully won't make this a huge story.

smh.gif
Ridiculous...

It sucks but his name is always going to be a target because of what happened.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the outrage was that Goodell told him not to hang around with his old dog fighting buddies and one of his old dog fighting colleagues was at the party with him. No?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the outrage was that Goodell told him not to hang around with his old dog fighting buddies and one of his old dog fighting colleagues was at the party with him. No?

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

smh.gif
Ridiculous...

It sucks but his name is always going to be a target because of what happened AND BECAUSE HE IS BLACK

Honestly, I can't convince myself that Vick is treated so horribly and shunned so strongly for any other reason other than his race.
tired.gif

smh.gif
Ridiculous...

It sucks but his name is always going to be a target because of what happened AND BECAUSE HE IS BLACK

Honestly, I can't convince myself that Vick is treated so horribly and shunned so strongly for any other reason other than his race.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by TheCalculator

smh.gif
Ridiculous...

tired.gif

Seriously. He needs to just go around raping women like any great white quarterback. Just dont mess around with dog fighting or throwing public birthday parties.

Originally Posted by TheCalculator

smh.gif
Ridiculous...

tired.gif

Seriously. He needs to just go around raping women like any great white quarterback. Just dont mess around with dog fighting or throwing public birthday parties.

Originally Posted by Mugen EP

Are you trying to say that Vick was a great black QB?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mugen EP

Are you trying to say that Vick was a great black QB?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

everyone just overlooking this fact
laugh.gif

gotta be his race though
grin.gif

laugh.gif

gotta be his race though
grin.gif

^ This

Cmon fam, how was dude not at his own birthday party?
smh.gif

^ This

Cmon fam, how was dude not at his own birthday party?
smh.gif

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

laugh.gif

gotta be his race though
grin.gif

Yup, its always race. Dont do or say anything wrong about NT's God Mike Vick....People would defend that bum till their deaths.

laugh.gif

gotta be his race though
grin.gif

Yup, its always race. Dont do or say anything wrong about NT's God Mike Vick....People would defend that bum till their deaths.

laugh.gif

gotta be his race though
grin.gif

The reason we defend him has nothing to do with race, it has everything to do with the way that mike vick jerseys go w/ our outfits.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom