So I want to buy a laptop. vol: Help

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Originally Posted by triple5sole

Get a mac or RIP

Especially if you want to browse NT, this place has more viruses than a hoooker that doesn't believe in using condoms.

I think I'm done with NT at work.  It'has become a nuisance.  Slowing down my work CPU to 56k status.

They got rid of one cnacer (JRose5), time to get rid of another cancer (Yuku).

How many damn shirts do we have to buy?

People with Macs have been getting viruses form NT.

Get a mac or RIP
pretty much
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Don't buy a Mac yet, cause the recent ones that are selling right now will be discontinued, expect new models in spring/summer.
Don't buy a HP, cause they use cheap components in there pavilion series. (PAUL IN ON TILT GAVE YOU GOOD INFORMATION)

Now the laptops you should be looking for are ASUS, TOSHIBA and Sony, maybe Dell there Studio editions, not Insprions(sp)

My current laptop is An Asus UL series shares the same specs as the Macbook pro. I love it, great battery life 8-10hrs, stupid thin. If I wanted to ill Hackintosh it but I'm lazy too lazy to do that.

**My current laptop**
http://www.bestbuy.com/si...8153002507&skuId=9701931

By the way ASUS gives you 1 year free Accidental Damage. (As long as you don't buy it from Best Buy) but don't forget to get some kind of warranty.

good info

Originally Posted by marlsj

Get a mac or RIP

Especially if you want to browse NT, this place has more viruses than a hoooker that doesn't believe in using condoms.

I think I'm done with NT at work.  It'has become a nuisance.  Slowing down my work CPU to 56k status.

Nope... Mac users are not getting viruses from Niketalk.

Originally Posted by Me4u2Night

Get a mac or RIP

Yes, they have.

I've even seen it posted in the forums.

Originally Posted by GUTTA SAUCE

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

http://www.microcenter.co...phtml?product_id=0321997

$800 for a White Macbook that is originally $1000.

is this one good?
SMH: People need to understand a mac is not some highly prized machine that you must get. Why would you even want to cop entry Macbook for $800, when there are 10x better computers on the market that are inexpensive and have better features than a mac. Some NT'ers are Sheep.

Get a mac or RIP

Yes, they have.

If Mac users are getting viruses it's because they're running windows on their computer.
I've entered NT forums with viruses and I have Malware popup shows on the screen. 

I hit back, and it bypasses the virus. Computer is uninfected.

I'd like to know what Mac users are getting viruses on their computer.

um why do reviews on bestbuy.com SUCK for asus???

yo when are the new macbooks coming out this spring? somebody got a link, is this confirmed?

is this one good?
SMH: People need to understand a mac is not some highly prized machine that you must get. Why would you even want to cop entry Macbook for $800, when there are 10x better computers on the market that are inexpensive and have better features than a mac. Some NT'ers are Sheep.

so is it good?

Alchemist IQ said:

is this one good?

so is it good?
yes, waste your money on this over priced dated tech. you've obviously been wowed by its looks so no matter what ppl tell u is better you're still going to get it

laugh.gif
at Mac fanboys. Asus makes parts for MacIntoshes. If you must have one, find out what PC laptops can be Hackintoshed and get yourself much superior specs at a lower price. The Dell Minis can be turned into Hackintoshes, you can get youself the 10 inch ones for about 250$ right now, or pay 1000$ for an iPad that is slower, with less memory, and can run 1 app.

http://www.malwarebytes.org will make sure you don't get anything from NT and other adware sites (the virus is from the ads, not Yuku). So now what's the justification for spending much more on a Mac?

Don't buy a Mac yet, cause the recent ones that are selling right now will be discontinued, expect new models in spring/summer.
Don't buy a HP, cause they use cheap components in there pavilion series. (PAUL IN ON TILT GAVE YOU GOOD INFORMATION)

Now the laptops you should be looking for are ASUS, TOSHIBA and Sony, maybe Dell there Studio editions, not Insprions(sp)

My current laptop is An Asus UL series shares the same specs as the Macbook pro. I love it, great battery life 8-10hrs, stupid thin. If I wanted to ill Hackintosh it but I'm lazy too lazy to do that.

**My current laptop**
http://www.bestbuy.com/si...8153002507&skuId=9701931

By the way ASUS gives you 1 year free Accidental Damage. (As long as you don't buy it from Best Buy) but don't forget to get some kind of warranty.

Toshiba
pimp.gif

never fails

Originally Posted by Al Audi

so macbooks suck now?
I mean, if you want to pay 1000$ for outdated technology like ddr2 memory (and only 2gigs of it at that), go for it

Get a mac or RIP

Yes, they have.

If Mac users are getting viruses it's because they're running windows on their computer.
I've entered NT forums with viruses and I have Malware popup shows on the screen. 

I hit back, and it bypasses the virus. Computer is uninfected.

I'd like to know what Mac users are getting viruses on their computer.
Shoot not me Im good money

Good decision Audi. Do this though. Go here and get yourself this Dell Mino 10v for 249$ with free express shipping (if you have a bing account get cashback and if you have an Am Ex card it'll extend the warranty another yr) and google or pay someone to Hackintosh it. Now you have a Macbook.

http://www.dell.com/us/en...eals&s=dhs&cs=19

Take the remaining 750$ and get this refurb Asus (core 2, dedicated graphics, slightly outdated but not obsolete tech) for http://www.tigerdirect.co...Y-SnPaGcPNP0TwruVQ3ZYXyg 700- (15%BCB)= 595$

or just go for the i7 Toshiba laptop w/ 512 mb dedicated gpu, eSata, HDMI, etc. for 900$ and I think Bing is 8% off or you can usually buy coupons from ejunkie.com

http://www.bestbuy.com/si...=01&id=1218154377801

or if you don't game and thusly can live with integrated graphics, pay like 700$ on toshibadirect.com for the entry level i7

If you can't afford a Mac, I recommend a Toshiba ... Just got a new Satellite about 6 months after having a Satellite for the last 3-4 years ... Really happy with it and even talked my Dad into getting one a couple months ago, his is decked out though ... Good luck and I'd stay away from HPs, my pops had one and it was always overheating and took 10 minutes to load up with nothing on it ...

damn.................you said go wih the i7 i was thinkin jus i3 lol, even if im not a pc gamer go i7?

dude all i need is NT, research and music. im a very casual computer dude. i dont photoshop an allthis n that watch or play games on my pc.

i need microsoft word, internet and burn cds for for the whip and RELIABLE. o an of course speed.

There's a reason why there are Mac "fanboys."

The OS working in almost perfection with the hardware is what people are paying the premium for. You can hackintosh all you want but it's not the same thing.

The specs might LOOK slower than a PC but the way the OS uses the hardware is very efficient and performs faster and with more reliability than a PC uses Windows.

I have a 12" Apple PowerBook I bought in 2004 and it's still running JUST AS FAST as it was on the day I took it out of the box. I've had NO viruses, NO spyware, NO blue screen of death, none of that crap.

I also have an iMac which I bought 3 years ago and it's still running JUST AS FAST as it did on day one.

So do you want a laptop that'll last a long time if you take care of it? Then get a Mac.

Yep. A lot of people are speculating soon (like Tuesday or the Tuesday after it... Apple has a history of releasing new products on Tuesdays).

I'm waiting on the new refresh of Apple's laptops, specifically the MacBook Pros.

So I'd wait for Apple to make their announcements about their laptops before purchasing a PC. The way they priced the iPad was very much lower than everyone expected an Apple product should be priced and maybe that'll be the same with their new line of laptops?

Back
Top Bottom