So, I just bought a MacBook Pro. Should I return it?

Originally Posted by mostofthetime

My bffl ex boyfriend just bought me one for Christmas! I love itttt!
pimp.gif

michelle
put that built in iSight web cam to use and let's see some pics!
nerd.gif

Man, every time you buy a computer there will be a new one out in a few weeks that will make you regret it... bottom line is that you have a laptop that willbe NICE for at least two years. Keep it.

According to Apple they aren't going to use the i5/i7 yet, thermals aren't right in the mobile form.

wait. you'll regret it in a few months. you waited all this time to get one, what's a few more months?

Originally Posted by new york yanks

i doubt you will see i7 on an of the macbooks...they run extremely hot and are a huge drain on the battery. the new i3 is a better bet, but there is no information saying its coming to the macbook line.

if your credible source works at apple then throw anything he said out of the window.

you are getting a good machine, but if you can return it no problems..macworld 2010 is on FEBRUARY 9th and thats when we will hear whats coming down the line for apple.
This man knows what he's talking about. Don't expect i7s on the next set of MBPs. I've read around and found out that the new MBPsmight be delayed due to Apple's unwillingness to use Intel's Arrandale processor. Unless they come up with a resolution, the new line of MBPs won'tbe ready for the expected February release. I'm eagerly waiting for the new line as well since I got shafted (thanks to my poor patience and buying thefirst unibody Macbook with no firewire
sick.gif
) but the question the OP shouldask himself is "do I need a Macbook right now?" If not, then maybe you can afford to wait but if you're in need of a good laptop...the currentset of MBPs get the job done.

Details here

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

Originally Posted by new york yanks

i doubt you will see i7 on an of the macbooks...they run extremely hot and are a huge drain on the battery. the new i3 is a better bet, but there is no information saying its coming to the macbook line.

if your credible source works at apple then throw anything he said out of the window.

you are getting a good machine, but if you can return it no problems..macworld 2010 is on FEBRUARY 9th and thats when we will hear whats coming down the line for apple.
This man knows what he's talking about. Don't expect i7s on the next set of MBPs. I've read around and found out that the new MBPs might be delayed due to Apple's unwillingness to use Intel's Arrandale processor. Unless they come up with a resolution, the new line of MBPs won't be ready for the expected February release. I'm eagerly waiting for the new line as well since I got shafted (thanks to my poor patience and buying the first unibody Macbook with no firewire
sick.gif
) but the question the OP should ask himself is "do I need a Macbook right now?" If not, then maybe you can afford to wait but if you're in need of a good laptop...the current set of MBPs get the job done.

Details here
On the drive back home i thought to myself and wondered the same thing. I was also thinking about coping the new 27inch iMac's instead andthen waiting for a new MBP. I don't really need a new laptop right now. Like i mentioned earlier, im running a 2005 laptop right now on a monitor becausemy screen died out. I can wait it out for a few more months.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

I bought the $1499 MacBook Pro and thinking about returning it. I'm hearing rumors that there will be a new MacBook Pro coming in February with the new Intel Processors. Is this true???

Should I return it and wait? Or just keep it

I have an old Toshiba laptop that i'm using right now from 2005 and the screen cracked on me, so now I have it hooked up to a monitor and am using it that way.
Technology will always be outdated quickly. If you need the MBP, then keep it.

As far as the rumors of new processors in '10 MBP line, it's simply rumors. Apple reportedly has decided to not add the new "arrondale"chipset into future MBP, meaning they could be looking into a even stronger processor in the near future.

I'd personally keep the MBP you just purchased, it will still be a great machine for you.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

I bought the $1499 MacBook Pro and thinking about returning it. I'm hearing rumors that there will be a new MacBook Pro coming in February with the new Intel Processors. Is this true???

Should I return it and wait? Or just keep it

I have an old Toshiba laptop that i'm using right now from 2005 and the screen cracked on me, so now I have it hooked up to a monitor and am using it that way.
Technology will always be outdated quickly. If you need the MBP, then keep it.

As far as the rumors of new processors in '10 MBP line, it's simply rumors. Apple reportedly has decided to not add the new "arrondale" chipset into future MBP, meaning they could be looking into a even stronger processor in the near future.

I'd personally keep the MBP you just purchased, it will still be a great machine for you.
I heard the same things too, but Apple is asking Intel to custom make those Arrandale processors without the integrated graphics. Thiswouldn't be the first time if Apple asked Intel to custom make their processors. They did something similar to this with the MacBook Air.

Get the iMac man. If I was to get a new computer now, that would be the only thing I would look at. Amazing screen, extremely fast, and you can use the screenas a Monitor for something else whenever the iMac isnt in use. The 27" have video-in inputs to allow that.

I just bought one knowing a new line was suppose to drop 1st qrt of 2010.

I just wanted a laptop that's reliable...if you keep worrying about something new and better coming out you'll be waiting a lifetime.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ Dudes who just surf the net and sendemails caring about "BLAZING" speed. Trust me when I say this...the average owner of a MBP...even the first gen that dropped in 2006, DOES NOT evenscratch the surface of the power of these computers. It's definitely a status thing. I say this typing from my 15" Unibody MBP with the sealedbattery. I got it 2 weeks after it released in June and to be honest I am wasting this thing.

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Get the iMac man. If I was to get a new computer now, that would be the only thing I would look at. Amazing screen, extremely fast, and you can use the screen as a Monitor for something else whenever the iMac isnt in use. The 27" have video-in inputs to allow that.

Hmmm the video input changes everything now.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ Dudes who just surf the net and send emails caring about "BLAZING" speed. Trust me when I say this...the average owner of a MBP...even the first gen that dropped in 2006, DOES NOT even scratch the surface of the power of these computers. It's definitely a status thing. I say this typing from my 15" Unibody MBP with the sealed battery. I got it 2 weeks after it released in June and to be honest I am wasting this thing.

But I NEED the MBP. I'll be using this thing for Logic Studio, Apperture and CS4. Also, the Firewire 800 port is very important for me when i transfer myhuge files of uncompressed audio and video to my external hard drive. I would get a 15 inch but it cost too much money and i need the smaller computer forportability and weight.

Looked up the 27" iMac video in situation, and it looks like there are some limitations as to how you can use it.
Apple Insider chronicled their efforts confirming that Apple's new 27" iMac can only be used as an external display for devices designed to provide DisplayPort video. You're out of luck if you're hoping it would work with equipment supporting VGA, DVI, or HDMI output.
Source: http://modmyi.com/forums/...imitations-revealed.html

grin.gif

Why do people insist on doing important work on a laptop. Desktops are far more superior.

The whole i7 thing in laptops isn't that great the 4 year old core 2 duo your mac book pro came with should be able to handle what your doing.

The i7 experience on a laptop isn't anywhere near what it is on a desktop. Due mainly to the better specs that desktops can have over laptops. i7processors like the 920 paired with 6 or 12gb of 1600 DDR3 memory, an SSD and a 5890 gpu>>>>> any laptop.

edit: yea what he said.. have you considered getting an iMac?
Originally Posted by spsfinest212

Why do people insist on doing important work on a laptop. Desktops are far more superior.

The whole i7 thing in laptops isn't that great the 4 year old core 2 duo your mac book pro came with should be able to handle what your doing.

The i7 experience on a laptop isn't anywhere near what it is on a desktop. Due mainly to the better specs that desktops can have over laptops. i7 processors like the 920 paired with 6 or 12gb of 1600 DDR3 memory, an SSD and a 5890 gpu>>>>> any laptop.

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

The i7 experience on a laptop isn't anywhere near what it is on a desktop. Due mainly to the better specs that desktops can have over laptops. i7 processors like the 920 paired with 6 or 12gb of 1600 DDR3 memory, an SSD and a 5890 gpu>>>>> any laptop.
I move around a lot and I'm hardly ever home. Most of my work is done outside. I would LOVE to have the new iMac's with at least an i5processor, but that would limit me to just working at home. I thought about buying the MBP now, and then saving up some money to buy the new iMac's lateron during the summer when there should be a new refresh by then.

Back
Top Bottom